How exactly do obituaries work? Mine have been broken for years!

Since around 2017, I racked up about 30 or so deaths across 3 worlds, mainly as webber or a modded character. For some reason, these deaths are the ONLY deaths recorded in my obituaries, and I have not gotten a single new one since then. I'd really like to figure out how to clean out/fix my obituaries, because it's annoying having a fun stat tracker for your deaths that doesn't even work. I've not once died to a shadow bishop or overheating since 2017, and yet in my compendium it shows a whopping 42.5% of my deaths have been to those two things, just because of the low number of games it's kept track of.

10 hours ago, logie757 said:

...I'd really like to figure out how to clean out/fix my obituaries...

Use the "ErasePersistentString("morgue")" console command while in said Obituaries section.

Also KLei forums - the place where you come to ask for help and advice so that others may poke fun at you without giving any concrete solutions at all. Best times to be alive :butterfly:

7 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Use the "ErasePersistentString("morgue")" console command while in said Obituaries section.

Also KLei forums - the place where you come to ask for help and advice so that others may poke fun at you without giving any concrete solutions at all. Best times to be alive :butterfly:

This only works if your on PC, which is exactly why Klei should play Spelunky 2 & go to options where players can delete some or all of their data to start it over.

25079829-5D47-490A-9B7A-394C9AA3B17C.thumb.png.50805e06b591d5320ba72e341bbe15b6.png

This NEEDS to be in one of their QoL updates coming this year.

We can choose to erase Learned Cookbook Recipes, Plant Registry, Obituaries

Also the way it works OP is it only keeps track of the Deaths on your highest Day count, (so if your highest day count world is 10,550 days.. and that’s where all your death records are.. then dying on Day 14 in another game world won’t count.)

Klei should look into fixing this..

For what I’ve gotten, the morgue works by recording 25 deaths based on the furthest you have survived. If all 25 deaths were after day 100, for instance, you would need to reach past 100 days survived to record the death, while also overwriting the death with the lowest day count (so if my 25th death was on day 125 by a shadow knight and I died on day 130 by a spider Queen, the 125 day shadow knight death would be simply replaced with the spider Queen one).

Unfortunately aside  from that though, I wouldn’t really know why the deaths are not saving properly.

Update on this topic! Apparently I really just don't die past day 50 that often, and recently I did! Somehow, by some string of misfortune, I died to a MOLEWORM (I think he grabbed gunpowder or fell on me in the caves, I can't remember), and it showed up in my Obituaries. Thanks for your help, everyone!

On 2/12/2022 at 5:57 AM, SecretPizzaMan said:

Pro tip: if you have trouble overheating I would recommend picking up berries and then cooking them on top a campfire, it gives 11 hunger and 1 health and is a good early game food source.

Sooo.. how does that exactly help against "overheating" ??

Archived