Your wishes about new content

What kind of content updates you enjoy?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of content updates you enjoy (or you think you would enjoy in the future)?

• Rework/update to core gameplay mechanics
    • Ocean content
    • Character refreshes (including unofficial, indirect tweaks like Wormwood, Warly and Wurt received with RWYS)
    • New characters
    • DLC characters ported from DS to DST (tweaks to them included)
    • QoL changes
    • New content on the mainland (not related to ocean or new mechanics)
    • I don't care/just want to see results

More surival and core game challenges. I dont remember the last time we got that outside  disease, which needed a rework, but ended up being thrown in the trash.

I think JoeW said they would look into core game content a couple years ago, hoping that materializes into something soon.

42 minutes ago, JavierDraws said:

a way to make marble pillars and the statues you see in setpieces cuz those are really pretty 

24 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Especially marble trees, like c'mon I just want giant stone lolipops.

they should add a way to craft everything in the game

I don't see anyone really talking about this. Thought I'd mention it.

As much as I'd love to see more new content I also really want another batch of non-character-exclusive skins to come out.

A long time ago when they removed stuff like icons and whatnot from dropping from daily chests they made up for the lack of drops by adding a TON of new skirt/pants/shirt skins for no-one character in particular. Just a bunch of new clothes! I'd love another batch like that sometime, maybe some timeline specific clothes. Like a handful of Victorian suits/dresses. It was a nice and very welcome addition I'd love to see another round of.

31 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

The hat part, or the showing stats part?

showing that much stats with numbers. I wont care a health circle while you ride a fully tamed beefalo but knowing every single stat feels weird. And the health thing can be added in other ways like changing the sprite to a more dirty or wounded one like they should do with characters so we can guess how wounded are our partners but direct stats arent part of the DS experience and already is weird to see it for abigail

is like if suddenly they add hp and befriend timers for followers... you are suppose to experience with them

but again, is just my opinion

I’m surprised no one else has said this yet: but prior to hosting a world you get to choose to host “Standard Forest” & “The Caves” as your two server shard options. It has always annoyed the heck out of me that these are named like this: as if there would EVER be any other options..

Why Klei?? Just.. Why.

Why can these be Highlighted? Why do they have names as if different variations were someday intended to be added?

Replace “Standard Forest” with “Shipwrecked Archipelago” or “Hamlet Forest” or “Return of Them Lunar Mutated Forest” 

& “The Caves” with “Hamlet Temple” “Underground Cavern of the Forge”

Disclaimer: the names are terrible examples intentionally & are subject to change.

Basically what I’m saying is that why do these have names that imply future options will ever be added for our picking?

If I had to pick one new type of content for 2022 it would be allowing us to “Exchange” these two shards- with any combination of any other two newly added server shard types.

like that’s all I could ever possibly hope for with DST.. that is the one thing I want as “Long-Term” goal for the game.. I have a world Gen settings menu that seems to imply I’ll have future variations to choose from someday (maybe by 2032..) so why not actually use those to provide players with literally infinity new server shards?

that’s been everyone’s complaint about DST for the longest hasn’t it?? That Klei “Can’t add a third server shard because your PC will explode”..?

Why do you need 3 servers running at once when you can instead “exchange” the 2 already available shards for different ones?

No PC’s exploding, your simply just picking before creating your world “Standard Forest” or “Hamlet Jungle”

New islands, more ocean content, some non-destructible mob spawners that are for both peaceful and hostile mobs..

DST has a problem where once a biome gets cleared of content it stays empty and boring, but as of Year of the Catcoon: Klei made Catcoon Dens renew themselves to guarantee the biome always has SOMETHING in it..

This is an issue they should tackle with the rest of the game as well.. such as Bee Hives, Hound Mounds, Swamp Tentacle etc..

But of course, I’d also enjoy options to choose if those things renew or if the world can go extinct.

I don't mind new bosses, but I wish they won't take too long to find/fight. I do think a new dangerous area with a lot of useful loot like the ruins would be way more fun (Not all of the loot needs to be new, things like marble would be cool too!)

I'm not that much into decorating, but recent statues (Twins of terror, catcoon ones) are awesome, and I look forward to new ones. Carpets would be cool too...and maybe a shell bell player...a baloon sword for Wes, fun but useless things in general

I really hope there will be less content locked behind the passage of time. (Though something available early game, but becoming harder during winter, spring and summer would just be fine by me.)

I don't mind new characters, but refreshes kinda suck.

More content for caves would be awesome.

Archived