Cawnival 2022

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Can we get a in-lore explanation on Corvus Goodfeather and normal sized birds this year?

image.thumb.png.e4671b69179eadb9e66f9c3e01484db0.png

This one’s easy.. the constant is a strange place different from the real world and the longer something has been in the constant, the more advanced, mutated or intelligent it becomes..

For example: Pigs in DST versus the Civilized pigs in Hamlet.

Or Merm-Kind in DST versus the Various Merm types in Shipwrecked.

With Corvus & the crow kids they’re just mutated large intelligent birds.

I thought your thread was going to be about wondering what kind of new GAMES/Cosmetics the Carnival will have and if those will be added in addition to last years, or completely replace last years.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I thought your thread was going to be about wondering what kind of new GAMES/Cosmetics the Carnival will have and if those will be added in addition to last years, or completely replace last years.

it could be. That's what the title implies. So yeah. Any ideas for this year's Cawnival would be nice.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Can we get a in-lore explanation on Corvus Goodfeather and normal sized birds this year?

image.thumb.png.e4671b69179eadb9e66f9c3e01484db0.png

I mean, there really doesn't have to be. They could simply be two species that share a common ancestor (a bird) but evolved in different ways (like what happened between monkeys and humans). A pair of boots could have this long legacy attached to them, having decades of adventures and perils with their mighty soles, or they could just be boots from walmart, which I feel is the more likely situation. Stories don't often included some inane details within them, such as how chocolate frogs from Harry Potter don't open their containers after bouncing in them unhinged, as it often doesn't matter or didn't have much to begin with. Even in the most mystical of worlds, some like their being 2 different bird types is just something you have to accept and move on, especially since it's based on an event.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

it could be. That's what the title implies. So yeah. Any ideas for this year's Cawnival would be nice.

In that case I want a sort of Wack-A-Mole game where you try to “Bonk” an enemy on the head while avoiding “bonking” friendly things that pop up earning points for the things your meant to bonk, losing points when bonking things your not supposed to hit.

A Water Gun type Mini-Game where you spray water into a specific area and fill up a Meter to completion (play Lego Batman 2 and you’ll know what I mean)

A strength game (come on you know this was going to be on the list..)

Whatever they are I want them to be twisted and Don’t-Starve Ified nothing too creepy but still fitting of a 13+ game

Maybe a Dunk Tank where you can throw Unhatched Eye of Terror Peppers at a target to try and dunk some mob or something.

Just the idea of throwing peeper eyes like baseballs that pop open and latch onto the face of the poor mob sitting on the tank (please be Wes..) sounds fun.

2 hours ago, Horsheen said:

oh lawd corvus ate the knobbly tree jam

The miracle blessed the crows with guilt.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I want an explanation on why that picture is so pixelated.

It was a tiny image I zoomed in on. It's my screencap but the detail was so small.

Feel free to have your own screencap that shows the different sizes.

its maxwells fault, once he saw a crow for the very first time, he was trying to do magic whit it, trying to create a human like bird, maybe even something whit tallbirds even, and at some point corvus was made and runs away, maxwell then try to make something simmilar, but something more small, to think he can command it more easy that way, but all his work failed and they all run away

Oh I have always loved carnivals and kermes they always have fun games!! They could add mini games like fishing prices in a pool, having to trow pockets of gunpowder to a target,  (I don't remember the name of the game), a giant game of (Mexican) loteria were the player has to run to put a pebble over the symbol shown from the cards of the deck, a game where you use blow darts ti pop balloons, a game where you could play bets on mechanical wooden horses in a small race, a gobbler fight (that one may be too dark), and so much more could be done jaja!! Honestly although its probably not going to happen I would love to see some mechanical games like a mechanical beffalo which could try to knock you off hiss back, or mechanical swings and small roller coaster for decorative proposes. Although everything would need to be bird themed I guess.

Oh and also they could add prizes such as yoyos, baleros and trompos where you gain sanity over time when you use them, food as elotes preparados, esquites, cotton candy, caramel and chamoy apples, dry crickets with salt and lemon, pan de feria, atole, and so much more good snacks.

I really want to think up really amazing carnival themed stuff for Midsummers Cawnival since it’s now a yearly event, but the only valid thing that comes to mind is maybe finally getting some different color torches.. like seriously Klei: We’re about to celebrate Dont Starve franchises 10 year anniversary and I STILL don’t have torches, firepits or lanterns that light the area up in lime green, light blue, purple, red, etc colored light auroras.

It’s an event based on an otherworldly carnival hosted by mutant crows: get creative with it!!! 

Archived