Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

1 minute ago, sudoku said:

This sounds like it has the potential to be the ultimate griefing character

Not at all: Wolfgang would go into an “action pose” similar to all those old Tom Clancy games where you could squat on your knees and boost your coop partner up to a high up ledge then that coop partner can pull you up to them.

The way it would work: When in Action pose- Wolfgang Squats and there is an on screen indicator of WHERE a player is going to be thrown to, (can’t be ocean same as How Wortox works on Xbox) The other player can then walk up to Wolfgang and Agree to be thrown to this location they can visibly see.

Sure it burrows what Wortox can do… but Wortox can also be a GOD in team healing so I don’t think it’ll hurt him too much.

1 hour ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

It's up to the individual behind the character to actually be a team player, Wendy gets a pass for bringing back excess loot yet Wolfgang doesn't? Bruh

If a person is playing completely away from the server of course you ain't feeling their contribution they ain't contributing to you! Lol but Wolfgang does have a presence on teams, you just don't concern about them as much about our silent protagonists murdering all boss life.

I mean wendy is much the same in my books. A good wendy can rush down queen bee in no time flat. It's just less fun when you're playing a weaker character like maxwell, or Warly before he's had time to set up, because you literally can't do as much. You're trying to help the team, set stuff up. Meanwhile someone else picks an overpowered character and goes "Lol easymode" Because they don't even really need your quirkier character to do anything major.

I have seen teamplayer wolfgangs, but they're only about half the wolfgangs I've seen out there in the wild. Even if it's one in five on some servers as I've seen as well, that's still a lot. At least other characters have mechanics where it gets harder to ignore the whole team. Not everyone, as said, wendy is also too strong. Wanda doesn't have much reason to cooperate and needs resources others don't in the early game, hence tends to kinda hoard the limited gems & marble. But I don't see why one needs to explicitly shy away from including even a single cooperative ability. 

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not at all: Wolfgang would go into an “action pose” similar to all those old Tom Clancy games where you could squat on your knees and boost your coop partner up to a high up ledge then that coop partner can pull you up to them.

The way it would work: When in Action pose- Wolfgang Squats and there is an on screen indicator of WHERE a player is going to be thrown to, (can’t be ocean same as How Wortox works on Xbox) The other player can then walk up to Wolfgang and Agree to be thrown to this location they can visibly see.

Sure it burrows what Wortox can do… but Wortox can also be a GOD in team healing so I don’t think it’ll hurt him too much.

4 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Maybe just let the person getting yeeted choose the location lol

Yes, that could work.

But I'd kinda just like to yeet some people into tentacles.

Does that make me a bad person? :twisted:

5 minutes ago, Ketrai said:

I mean wendy is much the same in my books. A good wendy can rush down queen bee in no time flat. It's just less fun when you're playing a weaker character like maxwell, or Warly before he's had time to set up, because you literally can't do as much. You're trying to help the team, set stuff up. Meanwhile someone else picks an overpowered character and goes "Lol easymode" Because they don't even really need your quirkier character to do anything major.

I mean those characters are good for different types of easy modes like you know, BUILDING or just gathering resources for cheap?

Like you choose to be quirky bro, Wolfgang can't amass spider armies or merm armies, he can't teleport, he can't build teambased buildings, he can't instantly grow food or gather resources cheaply.

Stop taking a dump on Wolfgang cause he can do bosses easier, if you wanna take down a boss learn their attack patterns, learn their quirks, and learn how to exploit them with gear

1 minute ago, Ketrai said:

This is a matter of opinion: Maxwell can gather things at incredible speeds, and Wendy is the literal worst character you could have used as your example (unless maybe Wes but no one counts him hahahaha) Because Wendy’s damage boost doesn’t apply to chopping/mining speeds so it’s slower then others- She’s probably always thankful for that Maxwell/Woodie decimating entire forests for her- While The low HP Maxwell is always thankful Wendy can be his Savior during large hound waves.

6 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

I mean those characters are good for different types of easy modes like you know, BUILDING or just gathering resources for cheap?

people focused on how much damage does wanda while woodie gather entire forest and rocky biomes, go and come from the moon island and pearl or anywere with extra speed and moogles whenever he wants, has aoe damage making him even better than wendy at fighting multiple enemies in some scenarios (wendy can fight multiple shadows+treeguards+spider queens+hounds at the same time for example). All of this for just monters meat and basic resources

being op in this game is hard to define

1 minute ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Maxwell is still limited by the amount of resource nodes on the map, and it takes a good portion of the time just to pick all that stuff up. And just having more rocks and wood isn't exactly "easy mode" as much as being able to kill everything twice as fast. Of all the components in this game, combat is the most ever-present. Hound attacks alone. And secondary to that? Food. Guess what's one of the best food sources, especially early game? Yeah that's meat. Guess who also incidentally ends up benefiting as one of the most from farms? The lad that can eat potatoes for an obscene amount of hunger. One of the most common seeds, no need to build up a pumpkin farm either.

Combat bonuses are just much more impactful.

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

people focused on how much damage does wanda while woodie gather entire forest and rocky biomes, go and come from the moon island and pearl whenever he wants, has aoe damage making him even better than wendy at fighting multiple enemies in some scenarios (wendy can fight multiple shadows+treeguards+spider queens+hounds at the same time for example). All of this for just monters meat and basic resources

being op in this game is hard to define

Exactly, people are so closed minded they see 2x damage and assume that's way better than what the other survivors offer. When in reality it's just a different goal post

1 minute ago, Mangrove said:

I think less overlap of materials for different dumbbells would be a good idea, giving you a little more variety on what you need to gather

as i said in other post, i find way more fun the need of farming different materials or foods than getting stuck in the same 3 game loops forever

Kinda surprised more wasnt added to his kit from his lore. He was in the circus after all.

Talking about yeeting people makes me think of a human cannonball, like he builds a circus cannon (recipe includes gunpowder) and he can launch himself and others from it.

Just now, sudoku said:

Kinda surprised more wasnt added to his kit from his lore. He was in the circus after all.

Talking about yeeting people makes me think of a human cannonball, like he builds a circus cannon (recipe includes gunpowder) and he can launch himself and others from it.

reedtrap.png :wilson_laugh:

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is a matter of opinion: Maxwell can gather things at incredible speeds, and Wendy is the literal worst character you could have used as your example (unless maybe Wes but no one counts him hahahaha) Because Wendy’s damage boost doesn’t apply to chopping/mining speeds so it’s slower then others- She’s probably always thankful for that Maxwell/Woodie decimating entire forests for her- While The low HP Maxwell is always thankful Wendy can be his Savior during large hound waves.

If Maxwell ain't a punk he can take care of himself he has shadow duelers anyways (they suck though) and if really wanted to live he would go get a beefalo.

5 minutes ago, Ketrai said:

Maxwell is still limited by the amount of resource nodes on the map, and it takes a good portion of the time just to pick all that stuff up. And just having more rocks and wood isn't exactly "easy mode" as much as being able to kill everything twice as fast. Of all the components in this game, combat is the most ever-present. Hound attacks alone. And secondary to that? Food. Guess what's one of the best food sources, especially early game? Yeah that's meat. Guess who also incidentally ends up benefiting as one of the most from farms? The lad that can eat potatoes for an obscene amount of hunger. One of the most common seeds, no need to build up a pumpkin farm either.

Combat bonuses are just much more impactful.

Early game food is everywhere

Not having to put in effort to gain resources is the definition of "easy" oh no Maxwell has to hold spacebar to pick stuff up oh nooooo.

Guess what can help you stay alive, sticking with teammates or friendly mobs

Combat isn't the only thing in this game and not everyone is going out trying to fight some are base builders or farmers, some people aren't even playing the damn game just interacting with people cause it's MULTIPLAYER

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

each one can have different traits like quickly mighty gain at cost of durability and hunger for fights, other very long durability but slow meter gain for long trips, another with more meter gain if is used as weapon...

It would be interesting if the moonrock / moonglass dumbell gives sanity and the thulecite one loses sanity but gives higher mightiness as a trade off

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah but wendy gets an immense advantage in terms of killing certain bosses, surviving events, etc. That extra pair of log armor or that stone wall isn't going to magically make maxwell's life all that easier. Not to mention stone fruit bushes offering a better source of rocks that's low effort once you've gathered them. Besides, everyone else can still hire pigs too. It's not like his ability is unique. No one else can magically double their damage like wolfgang. I just feel like fighting is too large of a part of the game to just be something you get to be twice as good at as anyone else, with little to no real strings attached. Woodie's moose form is strong, so is beaver, but using them effectively without dying in bossfights? Now that isn't easy either. Hell, moose even comes with a speed down, one of the less forgiving combat debuffs to the point some people actively swear off marblesuits.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy is a weak little girl, with an overprotective sister that came back from the dead just to watch over her. Abigail is Wendy's whole shabang, so much so that some people even call Wendy Abigail's follower instead. No duh breaking down trees with her mighty strength doesn't fit that theme of hers it doesn't make sense arguing that.

4 minutes ago, Ketrai said:

I just feel like fighting is too large of a part of the game to just be something you get to be twice as good at as anyone else, with little to no real strings attached.

this is why i personally have thought he was boring to play. I like the concept of more damage, but having his damage tied to abilities that consume mightiness and can only be used in mighty form is way more interesting to me personally. Like a leap(similar to forge), a polevault, maybe a windup swing attack that staggers. Theres so many possibilities to give him more combat finesse other than just damage.

15 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Exactly, people are so closed minded they see 2x damage and assume that's way better than what the other survivors offer. When in reality it's just a different goal post

That's the thing tho, does it have to be 2x damage? Why can't it be 1.5x, something more reasonable. Why not other combat buffs like how wigfrid is split into inspiration, life leech, resistance and damage?
It's also less about being just strong alone, but not needing the others as much. Wolfgang can hold his own a little too well.

I don't have the most hours with 600 hours in this game, but I started out playing wolfgang; and it just feels like a huge shortcut now when I'm more used to characters like Wurt, Warly, Maxwell, Woodie, even wes, etc. If anything I expected a damage downgrade, but they're making it even easier to maintain the full extend of damage, and complete fights in less hits.

Archived