Merged worlds

I wish klei could merge the worlds or at least add a little bit of content from shipwrecked and hamlet to don't starve together. I'll even pay if it's a dlc for more content in the game. I think it would be great to see more mobs and islands in the game because it's more fun.

32 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

I wish klei could merge the worlds or at least add a little bit of content from shipwrecked and hamlet to don't starve together. I'll even pay if it's a dlc for more content in the game. I think it would be great to see more mobs and islands in the game because it's more fun.

They’ve been doing that for a while now, consider that even before return of them we didn’t even have a working ocean or sailing (and the posts of people requesting to add shipwrecked to the game were made like once or twice a month)

They can’t just copy paste stuff because it would completely destroy all the work they did for single player games, but they are constantly adding mechanics and elements from the single player in a new and unique way that will work better for DST.

And if you want exactly the same things, I agree with Wendy, you can add most of them with mods. (and they are free)

17 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

Mods. 

Mods don’t exist on my console, but.. I do remember asking the Dev team if they would ever do Shipwrecked/Hamlet content in DST and they said that they were focusing on finishing the return of them content updates, and character reworks.

To clarify they didn’t straight up say No.. just that there’s other stuff in the pipeline before they would do something like this, and more specifically: those expansions were designed for single player with single player content in mind and that if they did it for DST… there was many things they would do differently. 

When I asked if it was possible to Merge DS/SW/Ham/ & DST all into one game for next Gen platforms like the Xbox Series X, I was told it would take literally years to do something like that..

Soooo.. I am going to hold out hope for SW/Hamlet compatibility in some type of official capacity until Klei straight up says they’re never ever going to do it.

8 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

man, you say a lot of words and do little action. why don't you implement your ideas to life by yourself or by asking modders?

sorry, but why is this a problem? 

they just share the idea to people, if it's a good idea, people will support it and maybe Klei will take note and add it to the game

if not then people will argue about it, they can show the bad, the problem and improve it

plus, moding the game (by yourself or from other modders) is almost impossible on console 

2 minutes ago, firoborn said:

I know we are in the PC plataform forums but OMG Mods arent the be-all and end-all argument you guys think it is

Actually.. we are in the “General Discussion” if Klei wanted to create a different section of the forums specifically just for PC they should have a “Steam or PC” section..

General Discussion defines as all copies of the game across all its available platforms.

AND considering Klei has stated they want to someday make the Dont Starve Franchise cross platform compatible: It is good to bring up the differences NOW Between PC/Console then it is for those to become “problems” later.. and I’m not talking about JUST MODS… I mean- there are parts of this game that plain and simply are designed for PC first and foremost with no functionality at all for console players: such as- Dragging meat over a Gnarwail to tame him.. or dragging items and throwing them away at sea, or applying potions to, summoning, unsummoning, or healing Abigail, or how far and in which direction you can throw things, teleport, soul hop or cast fishing rods.

Theres a world of difference that would have to be put on a fair playing ground for ALL Platforms if we’re ever going to take Cross-Play seriously, and those differences NEED to be brought up instead of buried, or worse: Have people just tell you to buy a pc or beg for KB+Mouse compatibility for your console of choice.

Your right, mods aren’t the end all be all answer, and I’m really glad Klei has started incorporating most mods into the actual game (Abigail flower skins, cookbook, quick drop, multi-crafting, Global Pause- all of that was once a MOD first..) 

Im pretty sure if Klei really wanted to they have the rights to take any mod they want and make it official.

And I look forward to what they’ll continue to do to improve the game without “use a Mod” being the only answer.

Personally I don’t think it’s fair that I paid money recently for the moderately newly released for consoles Hamlet DLC to play as Hamlet characters, when people on PC can play those characters for Free rather they did or did not buy hamlet.

Something I paid money for, people are enjoying for free.. yeah but the worlds not fair so why should I ever expect this to be?

As far as having that content in DST in an Official non-modded capacity I keep telling you HOW to do it but no one seems to want to take my idea seriously.

You have world Gen options for a Forest shard and a Caves shard, So someone tell me why I can’t swap forest for Shipwrecked and Caves for Hamlet temples.

Basically: the game only ever runs two shards.. you just choose which two you want it to run before starting your world.

And well.. there’s also this: each row is filled with 6 playable characters- ironically there’s only 6 missing from the game.

AEB89D02-47CB-44F7-85ED-5CDCE5866D10.thumb.jpeg.91cd9bc9a851074f60aea6802d2630c1.jpeg

If your on PC there are nifty little mods you can install to play as all of them, but if your on Playstation, Xbox, Or likely coming soon Nintendo: You just have to pray Klei adds them in officially.

I highly doubt it’s ever going to happen, but this has been the ONE THING I’ve asked for most since joining these forums.

Just port over some of the mobs, biomes, Mechanics & craftables (I want Corkbat & Machete) and the playable character cast I don’t need nor did I ever want those expansions in their entirety in DST.

in fact you can even “Hehehe Return of them Moon Magic Lore Mutation” most mobs to make them feel new and different from their DLC Counter Parts.

Turning Crabbit into Crab Appletree Crabs.. Which makes sense considering there’s Carrats and Saladmander 

But the TL:DR- these mobs, characters, mechanics & assets shouldn’t only be accessible via Mods, I paid money for this stuff.. so why are people capable of mods getting to enjoy what I paid for for Free?

To be honest, you didn't pay money for this stuff any moreso than people on PC. These characters were made for single player dont starve, mostly where they belong from a balancing perspective and from a fun perspective. You paid for it just as much as anyone who bought hamlet or shipwrecked on PC. We can see why simply porting over isn't so easy when we look at ported hamlet and shipwrecked characters.

Both Walani and Woodlegs don't work when ported from SW to DST as the boating mechanics, which they were built around, are completely different between DST and SW. You can't really fix these boating mechanics without removing DST or SW boating experiences, which are immeasurably different in almost every regard, unless you create a weird combination of the two like the Tropical Experience devs did. Some mechanics are j ust incompatible. I've also read that programming stuff onto the xbox is extremely difficult.

Furthermore, a lot of the ported characters and mechanics are bugged to hell. Aside from TE (which I haven't really played), I haven't seen a single version of Woodlegs or Walani that actually works the way that it does in SW. Wheelers gun never works in any of the mods. I guess you could port wilbur in, but 1/2 of his gameplay hook would just be missing because there are no monkeys.

There's also the issue of atmosphere, which is super important to Klei. Don't starve and RoG had their own existential dread themes. SW was a tropical paradise. In Hamlet, adventure always felt like it was around the corner. directly porting the ruins of Hamlet would completely destroy the atmosphere of DST. Same w the overworld of shipwrecked

In conclusion, porting stuff won't work. Porting bipeds and animations? That could work. But directly porting stuff has a lot of quality control issues. Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize with you. Island Adventures is awesome. However, I dont think this is the way to go.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Personally I don’t think it’s fair that I paid money recently for the moderately newly released for consoles Hamlet DLC to play as Hamlet characters, when people on PC can play those characters for Free rather they did or did not buy hamlet.

Something I paid money for, people are enjoying for free.. yeah but the worlds not fair so why should I ever expect this to be?

Last I checked there is no mod that implements Wilba in DST which doesn't crash or has all features (crash after wereWilba death kills the interest for me). Also there is rebalance for multiplayer game that is just not included in these mods and likely won't be included ever. Remember, when Warly officially came to DST he was rebalanced significantly to fit multiplayer game more, also I believe character reworks have the same purpose (+ better synergy with DST-specific content).

Also Hamlet content doesn't work well with RoG content on the same map: Hamlet was oriented towards difficulty in acquiring basic resources and boss loot/mandrakes - not so much, while RoG has these things as exact opposite. In other words, even if one can implement Hamlet/Shipwrecked content with mods, a lot of people don't because it doesn't add fun to the game for them, or even makes it less enjoyable. I still play Hamlet in DS which I bought perfectly legit, as many people do even on PC, but I don't use mods to add Ham/SW content, and honesty is not the only reason.

10 hours ago, firoborn said:

I know we are in the PC plataform forums but OMG Mods arent the be-all and end-all argument you guys think it is

It is for this. "Instead of working on making fun, new, interesting content, can you please put content that already exists in the game?". Mods do exactly that.

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But the TL:DR- these mobs, characters, mechanics & assets shouldn’t only be accessible via Mods, I paid money for this stuff.. so why are people capable of mods getting to enjoy what I paid for for Free?

No. You didn't. You did not pay money for that. You paid money for an entirely separate game, and comparing the two is childish at best. 

Consoles and PC both have their strengths and weaknesses; sometimes one will be better at individual parts of games, and sometimes one will be better for entire games. If you want to only ever use one, prepare to deal with the issues which come with it.

Also - 

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually.. we are in the “General Discussion” if Klei wanted to create a different section of the forums specifically just for PC they should have a “Steam or PC” section..

General Discussion defines as all copies of the game across all its available platforms.

You're dead wrong. To get to this forum, you hit "Game Forums" under the "steam don't starve together" submenu. If you want to get to the PS or Xbox forums, you hit "Game Forums" under the submenu for the respective platform. I've attatched a few convenient screenshots, where you can see quite clearly the different forums for the different platforms.

If you want to visit the PlayStation or Xbox forums, feel free.

Screenshot_20211102-104526_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-104540_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-104553_Brave.jpg

9 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

No. You didn't. You did not pay money for that. You paid money for an entirely separate game, and comparing the two is childish at best. 

This.. so your saying it would be Okay for people to release mods of Wurt, Wortox, Wormwood & Wanda to by pass having to buy or actually own them?

I wouldn’t say a word if- in order to use your Shipwrecked and Hamlet Content mods you had to actually OWN Shipwrecked or Hamlet, but that’s clearly not the case here now is it?

so then- why do these mods continue to get to exist when mods of dlc characters get pulled for the same reasons these should?

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This.. so your saying it would be Okay for people to release mods of Wurt, Wortox, Wormwood & Wanda to by pass having to buy or actually own them?

so then- why do these mods continue to get to exist when mods of dlc characters get pulled for the same reasons these should?

Yes, I think it would be perfectly fine if mods of those DLC characters existed for the single player games. I am fairly disappointed that those characters have been limited to the multiplayer version, because it would be interesting to see them in single player. I especially think that the non-DLC characters, Winona and Walter, shouldn't be restricted to multiplayer.

12 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It is for this. "Instead of working on making fun, new, interesting content, can you please put content that already exists in the game?". Mods do exactly that.

I would 100% rather them adding old fun content from the old expansions like the hamlet ruins or shipwrewck islands than add more stuff like sea stacks, cookie cutters or crab king 

Just now, firoborn said:

I would 100% rather them adding old fun content from the old expansions like the hamlet ruins or shipwrewck islands than add more stuff like sea stacks, cookie cutters or crab king 

Sea stacks and cookie cutters bad, poisonous hole and rabid beetle good.

13 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Sea stacks and cookie cutters bad, poisonous hole and rabid beetle good.

The beetles can be killed in one hit.. they are minor annoyances at best.

But.. there’s an upcoming November update for a Terraria crossover, Great news if you play and enjoy both games this update will all around be good for you (or at least in theory it will be) but there are people like myself and Wendy C. Who are absolutely horrified at the thought of a Terraria crossover and how that content will impact DST as a whole..

I want to remain hopeful of this upcoming update, but if it ends up being something I don’t like- I’ll be back in this thread to tell you very specifically I would’ve preferred SW & Hamlet content over trying to incorporate another games content into the world of Dont Starve.

But.. until then I’m going to give Klei the benefit of the doubt that this upcoming Terraria thing that they intentionally planned for the month of Spooky but had to delay into November… will be great.

55 minutes ago, firoborn said:

you can dig poisonus holes and you have more than 4 tiles of space to deal with rabid beetles also they are very easily dealt with 

You can smash sea stacks & cookie cutters are literally just don't stand still under them, then hold F. Or do stand still under them and just hold F, they don't do much damage.

21 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You can smash sea stacks & cookie cutters are literally just don't stand still under them, then hold F. Or do stand still under them and just hold F, they don't do much damage.

yes but thats not the problem with sea stacks or cookie cutters, sea stacks intterupt the sailing experience and make it both more annoying and dangerus (especially if you want to go fast) and cookie cutters not only come in droves they also cant be one hitted by most characters the same way rabid beettles can.

Anyways i do agree that a direct port is to much but bringing some mobs, biomes, craftables  and or game mechanics from the DLCs should be at the very least considered by the developers.

21 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this become ridiculous very fast

To be absolutely fair, several of the Devs at Klei have once spoke up about this saying that they know it is something that they get asked about often and that many people would like to see happen, they have ALSO stated that if it was something that could easily be done they would have done it a long time ago.. But that for at that time: they were focused on FINISHING the Return of Them updates (which have now been concluded)

Theres still a few more promises they need to keep on the current roadmap before they can get into details about what’s coming up next.. but I’m looking forward to the 2022 Roadmap.

So of course: until Klei flat out says No, Never ever EVER are we doing that… you will see these threads like this pop up on occasion.

and at this point I honestly have to ask: what’s so wrong about them? If Klei didn’t want this type of stuff discussed- they would lock and hide these type of threads But they keep letting them pop up & the fact that they do keep popping up should show you it’s a valid thing many players would like to see.

And personally: after the abrupt cancelation of Lunar Horror Mobs, & now the absolute uncertainty behind this Crossover thing.. I would have preferred SW/Ham content take priority.

Actually I would’ve preferred more Lunar Horrors over SW/Ham content but that ship has long since wrecked.

What we know- JoeW made a comment about players and (developers alike) being tired of the way they currently handle their roadmap, and that they have exciting new plans for 2022 but, we still have a 2021 to finish up first.

None of the Devs would answer my follow up question from that post- I asked if they are tired of new biomes, new mobs, new characters, reworked characters, events and QoL updates as their roadmap schedule… what could they possibly have in store for 2022?!

The good news is we only have 2/3 more months left until we all find out I guess..? *shrugs*

Archived