Best Farms in your opinion.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:50 AM, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

It is a little (very) niche, but bringing the grass gators via Woodie's goose form proved pretty decent to me. They drop 2 twigs per day i think, so if you bring 4, it's 8 twigs a day). It's not the most effective method to get twigs, but it is one of my favourite ones. Not many people on pubs expect to see grass gator in your base.

Wait how exactly do you relocate grass gators to your base??

8 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Grass gators behave like koalefants, so if you chase them from the waterlogged biome to the land area as Weregoose, they will basically just... run.

And you can pen them in when they get to land.

Just now, zacqiang said:

Grass gators behave like koalefants, so if you chase them from the waterlogged biome to the land area as Weregoose, they will basically just... run.

Would a telelocator work?

9 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

Yes, but you have to telelocate him when he is not under the Great Tree trunk's canopy because canopies block lightning (natural AND manmade).

I tried teleporting my beef under canopy and it worked no problem. Do player made canopies work different than natural in that aspect?

21 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

Huh... well I know what I'm doing later. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

I tried teleporting my beef under canopy and it worked no problem. Do player made canopies work different than natural in that aspect?

Huh, interesting... IIRC lightning strikes don't go through canopies, so the telelocator's lightning strikes shouldn't too.

Maybe Klei changed it so that telelocating under canopies work like usual.

48 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

Huh, interesting... IIRC lightning strikes don't go through canopies, so the telelocator's lightning strikes shouldn't too.

Maybe Klei changed it so that telelocating under canopies work like usual.

Telelocating works regardless of whether or not the lightning hits the target. 

The farms I usually make use of nowadays are

• A varg farm for gems, hounds teeth and monster meat/rot using catapults (might not even be needed if you have another kind of set up for gems like automatically killing the clockworks in the ruins with anenemies)
  • A grass gekko farm using chester (chester scares them to automatically drop their stuff)
  • The bird farm that was shown by others earlier
  • I guess you can count beeboxes as farms even though that's just regular beebox behaviour?
  • If you have a reed trap, you can try placing a few lureplants and using wickerbottom's applied silviculture, although I havent used this one in a long time so I am not sure about how well it works nowadays
  • A moonrock farm (it's really similar to the varg farm, but its built near the moonstone, allowing you to convert the spawned hounds into statues mineable for moonrock. I mostly use the moonrock on decor like moonrock walls, so its not necessarily the most essential farm one can think of)

6 hours ago, zacqiang said:

Yes, but you have to telelocate him when he is not under the Great Tree trunk's canopy because canopies block lightning (natural AND manmade).

I didnt though about the telelocation not working because the trees protection.

I think is bugged because i always could teleport then even when they are under the canopies

Farms/Setups I use:

-honey farm, standard nothing special but honey is so damn good

-huge farming plot for when I want to grow veggies, I use self sustaining combos for each season 

-walled in bunny/merm farm, proud of this one, generates tons of food, puffs, spoiled fish so bone shards too. Self sustaining, just have to pick up the spoils. Three houndius outside the gates for protection. 

-grass gecko farms, small one in base huge one in desert, I use Saladmanders to keep the geckos scared.

-volt goat anenome farm, so good for horns

-boat houndius for moose/goose nest area to help fight them

-50ish bunnyman army and arena for beequeen

-catapults/houndius regiment with bone armor etc to destroy dfly with ease whenever

-stone fruit farm 

-soothing tea farm using Lord of fruit flies and unfriendly fruit flies to quickly grow weeds, mini bee area nearby for honey for soothing tea

-firefly highways for paths to commonly used areas

-bird/blowdart farm with anenomes, a houndius and catapult plus turf

-mini lunar forest at base for easy wood plus the flowers if I want to make bath bombs etc

-pig chopping area deep in forest for hired logging plus big forest area dedicated to bearger each year for logs/living logs

-barnacles farm that nets roughly 40 or so per harvest - hard to set up but amazing for food

-full moon pig farm, super useful. Mushroom p planters nearby so pigs can wear funcaps while baited for easy mass mushrooms, rarely used but effective.

-moonstone farm at the moon rock structure thingo, with walled in catapults it can be a meat or moonrock farm

-secondary mini oasis base with marble forest/ farm among other stuff 

-spider archipelago that deerclops farms for me each year (4 nests is perfect I never lose the clops loot, very short battle after and 4 dens worth of loot)

-fig farm from above average trees

-catcoon butter pen in base 

-koalafant forest for huge amounts of manure

-walled in bunnymen right next to every opening to caves to keep bat aggro - generates a ton of rot,  bat wings etc

-four furnace thermal station for winter

-blocked off Klaus spawns except for two for easy location plus cobble arenas to help with fight 

-lure plant boat farm

-splumonkey/lobster farm and spider/lobster farm. Monkeys and lobsters fight during shadow cycle

-backstep clock area with portals to lunar island, pearl, ruins and archives for Wanda 

May be forgetting a few.

I want to add a Varg farm and grass gator pen

On 10/2/2021 at 5:57 AM, GelatinousCube said:

On 10/2/2021 at 6:06 AM, zacqiang said:

Worth noting: you have to chase them only through the shallow waters - otherwise they teleport back to waterlogged.

I'm a bit late, but personally wicker bottoms wood farm is the best farm in my opinion.

This is how you set it up:

Step 1: Find Bearger. Then wait for Autumn or Summer, attempting this in any other season will make you walk the walk of shame back to your stuff.

Step 2: Relocate Bearger to a deciduous forest then proceed to collect birchnuts with him (remember, the goal is to get birchnuts, not destroy every single tree). Collect the birchnuts shortly after 1 day of doing this (warning, catcoons steal birchnuts so try using Bearger to kill them).

Step 3: Designate a area for planting the birchnuts and then start planting (I recommend 5 stacks per harvest, 2 your first time).

Step 4: Get 2 living logs and 4 papyrus (if you aren't already Wickerbottom 2 is enough).

Step 5: Switch to Wickerbottom (if you aren't already) and then craft 2 Applied silviculture (craft more if you want, but even doing 2 harvests is more then enough).

Step 6: First of all, imagine the radius of applied silviculture as huge square around you, maybe slightly bigger then you can see, so try your best to get to the middle of the forest you created. If your cast didn't reach the whole forest then you'll need to walk to the still not grown side and try your best not to cover the already grown side or those trees will revert back to stage 1 and 2, I'm hoping you figure it out.

Second, all the trees need to be in stage 1 (Small birchnuts tree, not sapling) otherwise applied silviculture won't do anything.

Now use applied silviculture twice, it's okay if a few trees go back to stage 1 as long as most of the trees are at stage 3 (big birchnuts tree), now quickly bring Bearger and destroy all the trees, his charge also uproots the stumps so utilize that.

Step 7: Collect the loot and repeat Step 3 and 6 if you wish, however you might want a lady forager to speed things up.

Warning 1: by the second Autumn, you should be able to use this farm 6 times, personally I don't even use more then 3 however be warned that the trees will start losing their leaves (and consequentially their birchnuts) after the 18th day of Autumn, so finish up by then.

Warning 2: You can't use evergreens since they'll kill Bearger, and also cause Bearger can just run over the Poison Birchnuts.

I like this farm a lot, ever since I utilized it I've never run out of boards. Btw sorry about the lengthy post but if anyone is having any problems with trying to cover the oasis with cobblestone (why the hell are you doing that?) then this would most certainly be helpful.

Archived