Health modifier

2 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

If one person goes to fight dragonfly or any other boss alone while other people are on the server then nothing changes, really. It'd be exactly like doing that now.

idk - currently the health pool is pretty fair for most bosses at 2 players.  Even CK is pretty fair as a 2 player fight, with one person focusing on dps and heal disrupt while the other manages claws, freezing, and boat repairs.  If they reduced it by half for a single player, and had current health be the 2 player mark, then it would have to scale up from there.  I could imagine at 8, 12, or 20 players even deerclops would be a raid boss...  Albeit a very ez one that is turned into a living log farmer, and needs only 1 go to clear a reed trap (ironic that even in scaling up bosses, cheese just becomes more plentiful lol, happens in sandbox games)

54 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

idk - currently the health pool is pretty fair for most bosses at 2 players.  Even CK is pretty fair as a 2 player fight, with one person focusing on dps and heal disrupt while the other manages claws, freezing, and boat repairs.  If they reduced it by half for a single player, and had current health be the 2 player mark, then it would have to scale up from there.  I could imagine at 8, 12, or 20 players even deerclops would be a raid boss...  Albeit a very ez one that is turned into a living log farmer, and needs only 1 go to clear a reed trap (ironic that even in scaling up bosses, cheese just becomes more plentiful lol, happens in sandbox games)

But the Game caps at 6 players?? Even on the more powerful Xbox Series X & PS5 consoles.

I bought a new Xbox for a better version of the game, and rather unfortunately.. it’s looking more and more like the only improvements I’ll ever get is faster loading times for the same game.

The biggest problem I have with Dragonfly in particular is Unless the player brings a Panflute and a lot of gunpowder (or plays as Wolfgang) a single player attacking it even if they are playing as Wigfrid or Wendy can NOT attack her dealing enough damage to get one of her core features (dropping scales) to trigger.. and it’s really dumb:

If I get someone to idle in a corner as Wendy with Abigail in Riled up mode hitting the boss with Abbys Petal Buff, then I (playing as Wigfrid or a Second Wendy) can get scales to drop.. and with relative ease.

OTHERWISE- your only option is to pan flute it to sleep and do enough damage in a limited time window Aka Gunpowder explosions to get it to drop scales.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The biggest problem I have with Dragonfly in particular is Unless the player brings a Panflute and a lot of gunpowder (or plays as Wolfgang) a single player attacking it even if they are playing as Wigfrid or Wendy can NOT attack her dealing enough damage to get one of her core features (dropping scales) to trigger.. and it’s really dumb

I actually like the interaction a bit. DFly getting stunned because of the fact you are literally dealing an overwhelming amount of damage to just cause her to just drop is fairly neat, and while scales are nice, they aren't something you will need in overabundance to the point where solo players will feel robbed that they can't get more then one, especially as aside from the furnace the other crafts are not overall that good. Plus, the main thing you would likely want to kill her constantly for is ruins gems for the ancient tier items.

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The biggest problem I have with Dragonfly in particular is Unless the player brings a Panflute and a lot of gunpowder (or plays as Wolfgang) a single player attacking it even if they are playing as Wigfrid or Wendy can NOT attack her dealing enough damage to get one of her core features (dropping scales) to trigger.. and it’s really dumb:

Add Webber to that list. A crowd of spitters can easily drop her.

This doesn't really make sense...  You gotta kill her for a furnace recipe anyway, and you get a scale for killing her.  If you want to farm scales for something else then just use the green gem she drops to make a deconstruction staff in the ruins.  Craft scaled turf and deconstruct to easily get 6 scales out of that 1.  You want the yellow and red gems from her anyway.

Scaled chests are not that important, I wouldn't waste time farming them up until I had a good base going.  You can switch to Winona and build catapults to help with dfly too, although it takes some practice to utilize them - and you've got to do statues or fossils for the wall.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Yeah this feels a little cheap to me as Wormwood needs to get a deconstruction staff to get more scales out of her. Meanwhile Wanda scoffs and stares me down like the worm I am.

I hope there is a /s after that b/c I laughed...

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

I actually like the interaction a bit. DFly getting stunned because of the fact you are literally dealing an overwhelming amount of damage to just cause her to just drop is fairly neat, and while scales are nice, they aren't something you will need in overabundance to the point where solo players will feel robbed that they can't get more then one, especially as aside from the furnace the other crafts are not overall that good. Plus, the main thing you would likely want to kill her constantly for is ruins gems for the ancient tier items.

Not to mention that if someone REALLY wants scales they could always dupe them.

Kinda expensive but gets the job done.

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the problem with hp based on players on the server is that, sometimes, players go alone to defeat a boss to split tasks or more players come to the fight when it was already started so what happen in these scenarios?

Putting aside the nightmarish programming that goes into, cause we don't know how effective and plausibile is coding the thing i'm proposing you, but let's imagine it's possible and easy, would you like if the hp scaling is based on an area of effect. As you said, if you're fightning alone the boss would have hp and attacks based on a solo experience but if more players come into the battelfield the hp and attacks will change. After all, isn't Klaus already doing this? If you fight him alone nothing change but if another player comes in (even entities like bunnymens too) he change, like more spell effects.

So woudn't be this a big help for everyone? A nice start for this problem? 

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

The problem we're talking is when you play solo the game is not fair (keep in mind we're not talking bosses only) and when you're in a dense group became a joke (obviously a group of normal players, new players group is another story)

1 hour ago, Milordo said:

Well then, i suppose this is over. Rip, it was fun and interesting.

I wouldn’t call it “over” there will always be topics like this, and dragonfly in particular was brought up several times in past (now probably locked or archived threads) where the Developers themselves come out and admit they could’ve probably designed them a bit differently or done some things to make those fights less of a hassle for less players involved.

My personal idea on that suggestion would be to have her lava pools bubble up and become like hardened charcoal (not too much of a coding difference from how Ponds freeze over in Winter) theres only one player in the fight, maybe 1 lava pond will be active while the others are hardened off.. when another player enters the fight proximity one of the hardened ponds crack open and become active.

Its not the BEST idea I have ever had, but it’s at least something.. without having to build walls around each individual pond.

My biggest issue with bosses in this game in general, outside of their loot drops: is that there’s no difference fighting them Alone vs fighting them with a party of 12..

And they should CHANGE based on how many are fighting it, gaining not just more health, or doing more damage, but also getting new mechanics and abilities with the more players involved in the fight that really make the fight more then just gather some friends and spam attack button till it’s dead.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:27 AM, StretchVanb said:

They’re all still fun fights, but needing three blue gems and multiple non-renewable resources (pan flutes) just to kill a boss is kinda weird.

Green gems are renewable making pan flutes renewable. You can also get mandrakes from Klaus.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, Nettalie said:

They... casualized the hell out of game mechanics by providing a quality of life feature...?

You are aware that these things were a thing in ds already right?

You can not pause the game and then move items around while the game is paused in Don't Starve.

5 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You can not pause the game and then move items around while the game is paused in Don't Starve.

yes if you use controler. With controler you can open the crafting/inventory menu and the game pauses and you can move items and equip or unequip them

i guess klei added this mostly thinking to give console a huge qol

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes if you use controler. With controler you can open the crafting/inventory menu and the game pauses and you can move items and equip or unequip them

i guess klei added this mostly thinking to give console a huge qol

Yeah well? I’m in the group of players that enjoy the game NOT Pausing when I pull up my mini-map or inventory, especially in a game that’s genre is allegedly an “open world sandbox survival game.”

When You play State of Decay 2 and you access your inventory or pull up your map while driving down the road the game DOES NOT PAUSE and your vehicle will continue going forward uncontrollably while viewing map (usually smashing into the nearest obstacle or exploding poisonous gas zombie you ran over while viewing the map)

Just because it’s something DS Single Player Did, does not mean it’s something I want DST to do: and in fact call me Crazy.. but I would enjoy a QoL update to SINGLE PLAYER DS so I can enjoy my Mini-Map and Inventory NOT Pausing while I play Shipwrecked or Hamlet.

It is great that Klei took into consideration to have an option to Disable this function while not fully disabling having a pause button altogether.

Because now people who wanted their inventory/map to pause the game can have that, while people who enjoyed the way DST DID NOT pause the map/inventory for that added Emerson & realism, can continue to enjoy it that way.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah well? I’m in the group of players that enjoy the game NOT Pausing when I pull up my mini-map or inventory, especially in a game that’s genre is allegedly an “open world sandbox survival game.”

On 9/27/2021 at 11:12 AM, zarklord_klei said:
  • When playing by yourself, on a server you locally host or are an admin for, the game can now automatically pause (“Auto-Pause”) when focus is taken away from the world.
    • For example: the “Not a pause” Pause Screen, cookbook, wardrobe, map, etc.
  • While other players are in the world, auto-pausing will be disabled.

Please check your info before you act like some great travesty is being forced upon you.

"omg pc has mods they can do things console players can't this isn't fiar"
Klei implements pause mod officially
"omg how dare they give me the ability to pause a game when I want!"

srsly man, this and the dfly thread - at least read up on what you're talking about if you won't actually play with it to find out...

15 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Please check your info before you act like some great travesty is being forced upon you.

"omg pc has mods they can do things console players can't this isn't fiar"
Klei implements pause mod officially
"omg how dare they give me the ability to pause a game when I want!"

srsly man, this and the dfly thread - at least read up on what you're talking about if you won't actually play with it to find out...

One- it’s in Beta and not actually available to console players at this moment. 
Two- I am very much AWARE this information, but thanks anyway.

And Three- I don’t like the Auto-Pause while checking my Map & Inventory even when I’m playing the Single Player games Shipwrecked or Hamlet DLC’s and Since Klei has stated that they are going to provide QoL updates to Single Player Dont Starve- I would like to take this time to suggest an OPTION that lets the game NOT PAUSE when I access map/Inventory.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Two- I am very much AWARE this information, but thanks anyway.

So you're aware that you're complaining about a feature being forced on you that is not actually being forced on you at all?

15 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

So you're aware that you're complaining about a feature being forced on you that is not actually being forced on you at all?

I’m not even complaining about it, if it were added and I had no option to disable it.. I would rightfully be complaining. But: As I’ve pointed out in several threads that bring it up.. There’s options to have it or not have it.

So literally everyone who wanted that can have it, and everyone who didn’t want it won’t use it.

3 hours ago, Nettalie said:

Don't Starve is supposed to get quality of life updates?

In shortest TL:DR I’ve ever posted? Yes.. but not the same type ones DST is getting.

Its already gotten One this year actually: Which added Fences & Beefalo Taming.

Spoiler

Not to be pessimistic but I'm pretty sure the updates talked about here are quality of life updates for Don't Starve Together, while Don't Starve will only receive bug fixes and performance improvements.

As for that quality of life update you're talking about...... I am 100% certain that has been out since 2019 for PC. If it hasn't been out until now for console, then I would genuinely be extremely surprised.

Can someone double confirm?

Archived