Creating an air pressured, underwater room

Hi.

I would lke to create an underwater room. While I woudl like to do it in the water asteroid from the DLC, it does not matter as the game physics should stay the same as in base game.

My question is - how or can I build a room filled with air underwater?

image.png.e3a62b6766e0d6fa1dc69c2905782fd2.png

If I build such a room and put a water pump in it, it will do nothing as the water will keep flowing in from the buttom.

My aproach was to close this space, build a water pump and provide air with the presure vent. I have ended up with a presure of about 2000g of air per tile. Once I have removed the floor, all the air went to just one tile on the top with about 6kg / tile. What should be the air density to stop the water from comming in from the bottom?

Did anyone play with a similar concept? 

I think that an underwater base would be really cool but I would like to keep the floor open, as they do in actuals underwater bases.

Regards

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I don't think ONI Physics supports that.

it should in some way. My guess is that the air pressure should be the same as water. So - I should probably have 1000kg / tile of air.. If this does not work though, it could be an interesting mechanizm to presurise gases - In theory, I coupd have infinite amount of for example natural gas under one tile.. hmm I need to check that :) that would be a good battery.

you might need to test this in sandbox.  I've only seen it done with single tiles of a different liquid in corners to prevent pressure transfer to the moon pool.

Would a layer of visco-gel on top of the water make it work better?

3 hours ago, Sturm58 said:

it should in some way. My guess is that the air pressure should be the same as water. So - I should probably have 1000kg / tile of air.. If this does not work though, it could be an interesting mechanizm to presurise gases - In theory, I coupd have infinite amount of for example natural gas under one tile.. hmm I need to check that :) that would be a good battery.

If you add some regulator for that or allow one or several tiles of water into the inverted-U shape, this could work. If you have too much pressure, the gas will probably leak out though. And your dupes will suffer popped eardrums in there. But it is an idea worthwhile exploring.

18 hours ago, Sturm58 said:

It doesn't matter how much gas pressure is there, it will compress it to a single tile anyway.

16 hours ago, Lacero said:

you might need to test this in sandbox.  I've only seen it done with single tiles of a different liquid in corners to prevent pressure transfer to the moon pool.

Would a layer of visco-gel on top of the water make it work better?

Hey this actually works, neat idea :). Even 10g of visco-gel per tile was enough.

30 minutes ago, WhiteWind36 said:

What's interesting that the air doesn't go out through airflow tiles and up through water... And if this doesn't happen then it's quite easy with airflow tiles and air lock with mixed gasses... Or layer of different liquid

Airflow tiles and mixed gasses doesn't work well together so there's blobs of a different liquid on either side in the airlock in the example above.

Note that if you place a door on the other side of the airflow tiles, and then open it that will create an air bubble to flows to the top. It's the bubble pump principle.

Archived