[SOLVED] Confused about summoning the Lord of the Fruitflies

For the first time i bothered to try to summon Lord of the Fruitflies and from what i understand from wiki.

I need to have 15 or more fully grown crops close to each other.

Well ... 

Attempt 1 - Fail

Ouzdn3i.jpg

Attempt 2 - Fail

LBRQbB0.jpg

What am i missing? I did what wiki told me (i think) and my world is old enough for Lord to spawn reliably (apparently)

I had trouble with this, too. I think the solution is that the fifteenth plant to mature to fully grown has to be in range of fourteen other ones. If it's one on the end, it's not in range of enough other plants. You also have to be there when it happens, you can't be far away, I think. And I got that theory from this thread, so maybe you'll find the answer there.

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Oh so i need to babysit the plants.

Like i can't even be slightly off screen when the plants grow?

You can be completely offscreen, because I can't count how many times I went to take care of something and returned to Fruity Lord making a grand entrance.

Everytime a plant fully grows(either giant or regular fully grown), it checks in a 4 unit radius (4 units = 4 walls) around itself for other grown crops. If there's 15 or more fully grown crops, then it will spawn Lord Fruit Fly. If there is 14 or less crops, it does the same check for all those crops to see if there's 15 or more fully grown crops around each one.

These checks will not run if the crop is unloaded.

32 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

a 2x2 area of plots has always been consistent at summoning this guy for me, you trying to bait lord of the fruit flies to a dummy plot?

I have 2 small bases in this world cause Oasis and Pig King's Deciduous Forest are very closeby and have interesting wormhole and sinkhole locations near.

First attempt was at my Oasis camp actual farm plot that i used second attempt was on what one may call a "dummy plot" close to my Deciduous Forest camp. 

Cause i thought maybe the spacing was wrong on the Oasis one.

Still didn't spawn with all 4 plots closely clustered together.

PS:

One thing i like to mention. I didn't till the farm plot. I used Wormwood's ability to put in seeds in the farm plot without needing to use a Hoe.

Maybe that's the problem? They were still planted on the farm plot with the square border getting highlited and all.

25 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I have 2 small bases in this world cause Oasis and Pig King's Deciduous Forest are very closeby and have interesting wormhole and sinkhole locations near.

First attempt was at my Oasis camp actual farm plot that i used second attempt was on what one may call a "dummy plot" close to my Deciduous Forest camp. 

Cause i thought maybe the spacing was wrong on the Oasis one.

Still didn't spawn with all 4 plots closely clustered together.

PS:

One thing i like to mention. I didn't till the farm plot. I used Wormwood's ability to put in seeds in the farm plot without needing to use a Hoe.

Maybe that's the problem? They were still planted on the farm plot with the square border getting highlited and all.

could be, I never tested it with wormwood so I can't say for sure..

11 hours ago, ALCRD said:

It's not. I main Wormwood and I consistently spawn Lord of the Fruit Flies after almost every harvest is ready independent of whether I use a hoe or not.

Archived