[Game Update] - Public Testing 477822

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Today's patch for the Public Testing branch contains a few fixes and some starmap sound and animation changes. We've also adjusted the power and burden of rocket engines to speed up space flights and bring some under-performing engines more in line with the rest.

If you'd like to try the Public Testing branch you can follow the instructions listed here.

Changes & Improvements

• Enabled borderless fullscreen mode
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Adjusted the power and burden of rocket engines
    • Increased maximum height of the steam engine from 20 to 25.
    • Switch planetoid keyboard shortcuts work while the starmap screen is open
    • Added Rover Lander deploy starmap animation 
    • Added launch/land animations for Interplanetary Payload on starmap
    • Adjusted Trailblazer Lander starmap animation to appear over target world.
    • Temporal Tear Opener is no longer deconstructable. 
    • Added sound for Trailblazer Lander on the starmap
    • Added sound for Rover Lander and Escape Pod on the starmap 
    • Added sound for Temporal Tear on the starmap

Fixes

• Spaced Out! Only
    • Fixed crash that could occur after deconstruction an automation broadcast receiver
    • Fixed several starmap rocket animation issues affecting self destruct and mining animation playback.
    • Fixed crash that could occur when choosing Interplanetary Launcher target
    • Fixed disease source visualization of Wall Toilets
    • Mini Liquid Pump no longer leaks Nuclear Waste.

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 2

11 minutes ago, JarrettM said:
    • Adjusted the power and burden of rocket engines

Numbers please.

11 minutes ago, JarrettM said:
    • Increased maximum height of the steam engine from 20 to 25.

Not sure why this was felt to be needed (it's sooo much higher than the other early engines already), but damn, that makes it even more clearly the go-to for early orbital research.

With all this work on rover asthetics and such, can we expect some actual gameplay changes on them? They're not great right now.

i feel it pertinent to mention that if rovers are to be changed, all i would really want at all is for them to be able to dig T1 hard material, maybe T2 as well, if you're feeling generous. would make it so i wouldn't have to avoid ocean biomes while scouting the radiation asteroid, and T2 would make the rover usable on planetoids with abyssalite covering, if i don't want to send a duplicant along with them.

2 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

i feel it pertinent to mention that if rovers are to be changed, all i would really want at all is for them to be able to dig T1 hard material, maybe T2 as well, if you're feeling generous. would make it so i wouldn't have to avoid ocean biomes while scouting the radiation asteroid, and T2 would make the rover usable on planetoids with abyssalite covering, if i don't want to send a duplicant along with them.

They still to my knowledge leave a permanent "corpse" behind. Yes, they'd be actually pretty useful with hard material digging, but there'd still be the annoyance of having them sitting around in some corner forever.

1 minute ago, Nebbie said:

They still to my knowledge leave a permanent "corpse" behind. Yes, they'd be actually pretty useful with hard material digging, but there'd still be the annoyance of having them sitting around in some corner forever.

I once heard that you could like, put them back in the rover module if you landed the rocket. Is this true? regardless,i agree, i think it would still be good to be able to deconstruct them like a sane person.

Edited by Lbphero

the rocket tweaks are looking good.  feels odd that the co2 engine has more power than the sugar engine

when are we going to get a space scanner for meteor showers?  i've been putting off trying to colonize the shove vole / regolith asteroid until then

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Sorry... I was thinking about borderless window instead... :hopelessness: (Yes, fullscreen works as intended :rolleyes:)

Uhhh yeah i had brain fart there. I didn't do any sort of extensive testing but for me, having fullscreen ticked had the same effect as windowed borderless (which is usually also "full screen" as in "it occupies the entire screen).

Prior to the update, clicking on a 2nd monitor while having full screen ticked would minimize the game but not anymore. That is usually a feature of borderless windowed.

Hope that makes more sense xD

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Like 1