JarrettM

[Game Update] - Public Testing 477822

Nebbie    434
11 minutes ago, JarrettM said:
    • Adjusted the power and burden of rocket engines

Numbers please.

11 minutes ago, JarrettM said:
    • Increased maximum height of the steam engine from 20 to 25.

Not sure why this was felt to be needed (it's sooo much higher than the other early engines already), but damn, that makes it even more clearly the go-to for early orbital research.

With all this work on rover asthetics and such, can we expect some actual gameplay changes on them? They're not great right now.

Primalflower    3537

i feel it pertinent to mention that if rovers are to be changed, all i would really want at all is for them to be able to dig T1 hard material, maybe T2 as well, if you're feeling generous. would make it so i wouldn't have to avoid ocean biomes while scouting the radiation asteroid, and T2 would make the rover usable on planetoids with abyssalite covering, if i don't want to send a duplicant along with them.

Nebbie    434
2 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

i feel it pertinent to mention that if rovers are to be changed, all i would really want at all is for them to be able to dig T1 hard material, maybe T2 as well, if you're feeling generous. would make it so i wouldn't have to avoid ocean biomes while scouting the radiation asteroid, and T2 would make the rover usable on planetoids with abyssalite covering, if i don't want to send a duplicant along with them.

They still to my knowledge leave a permanent "corpse" behind. Yes, they'd be actually pretty useful with hard material digging, but there'd still be the annoyance of having them sitting around in some corner forever.

Primalflower    3537
1 minute ago, Nebbie said:

They still to my knowledge leave a permanent "corpse" behind. Yes, they'd be actually pretty useful with hard material digging, but there'd still be the annoyance of having them sitting around in some corner forever.

I once heard that you could like, put them back in the rover module if you landed the rocket. Is this true? regardless,i agree, i think it would still be good to be able to deconstruct them like a sane person.

Edited by Lbphero

JarrettM    599
1 hour ago, Alexander Block said:

My game crashes on load 

Thanks for the report. We'll get this fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

zach123b    158

the rocket tweaks are looking good.  feels odd that the co2 engine has more power than the sugar engine

when are we going to get a space scanner for meteor showers?  i've been putting off trying to colonize the shove vole / regolith asteroid until then

KnoBuddy    15
On 9/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, JarrettM said:

oChanges & Improvements

• Enabled borderless fullscreen mode

Literally just added a launch argument to Steam to enable this like two days ago. Haha

Edited by KnoBuddy

NeoDeusMachina    448
30 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Where..? 

image.thumb.png.93dbe01845b6c48d42da0aa508657b29.png

If you enable Fullscreen, it will be borderless by default. The Fullscreen option was there already, but it would tab down if you clicked on another monitor for example. It doesn't do that anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sakura_sk    1444
1 hour ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

If you enable Fullscreen, it will be borderless by default.

Sorry... I was thinking about borderless window instead... :hopelessness: (Yes, fullscreen works as intended :rolleyes:)

NeoDeusMachina    448
1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Sorry... I was thinking about borderless window instead... :hopelessness: (Yes, fullscreen works as intended :rolleyes:)

Uhhh yeah i had brain fart there. I didn't do any sort of extensive testing but for me, having fullscreen ticked had the same effect as windowed borderless (which is usually also "full screen" as in "it occupies the entire screen).

Prior to the update, clicking on a 2nd monitor while having full screen ticked would minimize the game but not anymore. That is usually a feature of borderless windowed.

Hope that makes more sense xD

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Like 1