Interesting thing I learned about thulecite crowns vs suits

Crowns or Suits  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use thulecite crowns or thulecite suits?

• Thulecite suits
    • Thulecite crowns
    • just dont get hit lmao lol i never get hit i have 10k+ hours no i wont prove it

1 piece of thulecite is 210 points of armour durability. 2 suits provide the same amount of combined durability as 3 crowns do, and both cost 12 thulecite. Suits however are more nightmare fuel efficient than crowns due to having more durability, with 2 suits costing 8 fuel instead of 3 crowns costing 12. Of course the crown has the ability to save hp at the cost of sanity, and while minuscule, sanity is most likely going to be more important than health in fights, due to shadow creatures making many fights much more annoying.

I might start using suits over crowns now. This information is kinda useless, but kinda cool.

but can we talk about how for some reasons thulecite club has less damage then dark sword? i mean sure the club gives small speed boost and dont breaks your sanity but still and those shadowtacles are just too inconsisdent to be usefull but yes crown seems to be the better option like most of times

Suits are great because they take the same slot as a magi. Lets me hit 1 to alternate between moving fast & consuming nmf or taking less damage & restoring sanity. Also very handy in a cave base because it counteracts most of the sanity drain, turning -5/m into only -1.7/m. It lets you go quite some time before needing to restore sanity, and when you do need to restore sanity it can be as simple as just wearing a suit + tam for +5/m even in caves.

most of the time i have 1 bone armor (i dont enjoy abusing bone armors cd) so i use crowns unless is a boss fight where i want to tank or where the bone armor cd wont be enough in case of missing kiting (like antlion or fw (his cage triggers the bone armor))

edit: with the addition of the celestial crown im using more suits to fight certain bosses for not wearing head protection, it feels like a fresh change to the gameplay which i enjoy

Personally I love using suits for Celestial Champion, because I can take advantage of the Enlightened Crown. Don't even need to reduce sanity+ extra damage. (CC's sanity aura is so strong you will never have to worry about dropping sanity from the crown)

People talking about suits taking up the backpack slot: just equip the suit when in combat. It's the same thing with the crown (and I'm assuming you're bringing armour with you whenever you leave base, because you should), except if you're wearing any other head slot item, you don't lose it's effects.

Also yeah the club sucks, it's best use is being a walking cane stand in

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Suits are great because they take the same slot as a magi. Lets me hit 1 to alternate between moving fast & consuming nmf or taking less damage & restoring sanity. Also very handy in a cave base because it counteracts most of the sanity drain, turning -5/m into only -1.7/m. It lets you go quite some time before needing to restore sanity, and when you do need to restore sanity it can be as simple as just wearing a suit + tam for +5/m even in caves.

Kiting with magi? I guess early game sure that works, but wouldn't it just be safer to kite with a cane?

Just now, Well-met said:

I've read all posts so far and I still can't decide which one of the two I should focus more on

I really don't care for the backpack argument

Personally I think it depends if you want do deal with many enemies or single enemy. If it's fuelweaver you likely want either a suit with bee queen crown or full thule armor, considering there's nightmares to deal with and itself all going on you. Thule crown and scale suits if dealing with bee queen and not bothering on getting stun locked and stun the bees instead. Thule suit is reliable in 1v1 situations more similar to bone armors since the shield is only good if you get stunned. Crowns take up more space with less health and suits take up less space with more health. Both are strategic and work together if you wanna split the damage instead of loosing one piece of armor more.

It just depends on your gameplay and what you fight. Situational items and such.

@Baark0 why no “both” option in the poll?

I use both, although most of the time just the crown+backpack or crown+magi+cane is enough for most situations and bosses. When facing more serious threats where I know I’ll be tanking stuff (EG: out of control late game public server hound wave) or for some boss fights I use the armor.

The thing is that later in the game, after bee queen starts being defeated consistently and the bee queen crowns start to stockpile I like using the bee queen crown as main head armor instead (it has a huge durability, keeps sanity always up and I don’t generally tank stuff anyway)

As frosty_mentos explained perfectly, the suit is also a great complement for the bee queen crown, specially during FW fight: both have a pretty high durability, you become immune to the sanity aura, and instead of the 70% resistance of the crown you get the full 90% of the armor.

Spoiler

inb4 “geeeez git gud. Learn2kite. wear no armor. #nohitlife” comment shows up

7 hours ago, Baark0 said:

Kiting with magi? I guess early game sure that works, but wouldn't it just be safer to kite with a cane?

I guess they mean cane+magi. It gives you enough speed boost to kite most things in the game, specially over cobblestone. Even more if you are mighty Wolfgang or bloomed Wormwood. Absolute overkill if you are charged WX.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

I've read all posts so far and I still can't decide which one of the two I should focus more on

I really don't care for the backpack argument

If you don't need a backpack then suits are great. Free sanity regen (Strong enough to make you not need a tam unless you're underground), makes the magi not fly around to random spots in your inventory, lasts a lot longer before breaking so excluding some boss fights you can just run around with a single suit for a long time and no other slots for armor, can protect you while you wear headgear which excluding seasonal clothing and the magi is a lot better than body slots (Tam, miner's hat, enlightened crown, moggles, clever disguise, fashion melon, etc), and are a lot less likely to be taken by other players because most players can't function without a backpack.

Whether the suit or the crown is better depends on what you're doing, but I find the suit to be a lot more useful most of the time.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

@Baark0 why no “both” option in the poll?

I use both, although most of the time just the crown+backpack or crown+magi+cane

Because even people who use both still usually use 1 over the other, even you say you use crown more than suit, so theres your poll answer

Archived