Atmo suit Deliver suit auto toggle when? Im not babysitting a dock all game

Come back from a long break, Atmo suits now have durability which is cool I have an automated setup in mind to transport worn suits and deliver fixed suits to checkpoints....

However Klei still haven't got rid of the stupid manual deliver suit button, which should have been done the second automation and sweepers became a thing, now that they've added suit degradation it should DEFINITELY not be a thing.

My single suit dock plans are gone, and its pretty much killed all enthusiasm to continue as i certainly don't want to be babysitting suit docks for the rest of the game, while everything else in the base get automated.

Just select "deliver suit" once and set the docks to prio 9. Also have the repair task at 9 and set to infinite execution. Produce a few more suits than needed. Done. 

Yes, this used to be broken, it works now.

14 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Just select "deliver suit" once and set the docks to prio 9. Also have the repair task at 9 and set to infinite execution. Produce a few more suits than needed. Done. 

Yes, this used to be broken, it works now.

It fails to solve any issues with having a single atmo suit dock, dupe takes suit, dock sits there without an atmo suit in it for the next dupe, meanwhile an auto sweeper and a storage bin full of atmo suits just sits next to it, nor do dupes place a new suit there to go out.

1 hour ago, xenoborg said:

It fails to solve any issues with having a single atmo suit dock

Why would you need "single"? Check point means you need to have an array of docks behind it, not just one if you need multiple dupes to exit the check point and when returning put the suit somewhere. Otherwise they would either be trapped or drop the suit when entering.

17 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Why would you need "single"? Check point means you need to have an array of docks behind it, not just one if you need multiple dupes to exit the check point and when returning put the suit somewhere. Otherwise they would either be trapped or drop the suit when entering.

No the thing is you dont need an array of docks, whether you set up good scheduling, limit dupe access or other, you can very easily get away with having a single dock.

I have 6 dupes per dock, all on different schedules, they wake up -> they pee -> they eat and relax -> they exit via a single atmo dock, a suit from a bin gets AUTOMATICALLY (wishful thinking i know right.....) put on the dock and charged in time for the second dupe to get ready to work. If dupes come back in the main base and theres already a suit in the dock, they drop it and get allowed access as the clearance isnt vacancy. Sweeper picks up droped suit to put in bin.

You only need an array of docks because of that stupid manual deliver suit button.

You only need look at Brothgars latest playthrough on youtube to see hes constantly having to click redeliver oxygen masks, for his dock per dupe base. Just put a deliver x toggle on the thing.

46 minutes ago, xenoborg said:

You only need look at Brothgars latest playthrough on youtube to see hes constantly having to click redeliver oxygen masks, for his dock per dupe base.

He needs to do that because oxygen masks are maintained elsewhere and not before dupes exit the check point, not because of the "single" dock design you described. I usually prefer to make my life easier so I haven't tested how to maintain a single dock for x amount of dupes. :roll:

37 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

He needs to do that because oxygen masks are maintained elsewhere and not before dupes exit the check point, not because of the "single" dock design you described. I usually prefer to make my life easier so I haven't tested how to maintain a single dock for x amount of dupes. :roll:

His options are still limited by that archaic manual deliver suit button though, he could easily have a conveyor rail ship fixed oxygen masks into the dupes rooms, but an auto sweeper wont pick them up and place them on the charging stations and i dont think the dupe would either. He would have to have a crafting station or exosuit forge in every one of his dupes rooms to not get them stuck.

Each schedule block is 25 seconds, the max throughput of a vent is 1kg/s, Atmo suit takes up to 75kg of oxygen. So a dedicated vent takes 3 blocks to charge a suit fully

23 minutes ago, Gorebell said:

Use multiple docks. They're not going to change the game just so your particular stupid build idea will work.

The docks have always been broken and bugged out since they came out, this fixes that issue in its entirety... while also allowing players to do more interesting stuff in the process. But gg on your dumb opinion that players shouldnt have build ideas (and how clueless you are to think its stupid in the first place).

2 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

One problem with a single suit is that if your dupe is incapacitated your other dupes won't be able to help you. Just something to think about. 

He constantly refills the station after each dupe takes a suit.

Just now, RonEmpire said:

One problem with a single suit is that if your dupe is incapacitated your other dupes won't be able to help you. Just something to think about. 

You don't have a single suit, you would have several next to it in say a bin, or dropped off by a conveyor rail, hung up by either a dupe or a auto sweeper when the first suit is taken out. Several suits, one dock. You dont have to have just the one dock either, you could have multiple, but at the end of the day you aren't limited by the docks themselves but the suits you can supply the docks,

10 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Suits take time to refill in oxygen. That's a lot of wait time 

I am aware of this, hence scheduling and restrictions etc. even without that, you could have a haz area with say 3 docks -  those 3 docks hard limit you to 3 dupes in there at any one time, in that time another 3 suits could have already been filled or partially filled for more dupes to enter if need be because you are no longer limited to just 3, its a complete timesaver if nothing else.

Dupe drops his suit outside, you aren't scratching your head wondering why one of your docks doesn't have a suit, a dupe will always pick it up and always place it in a dock with auto fill, ergo you no longer need to manually do something that should be a toggle.

So going back to my point if your dupe needs a rescue from mishaps a single lone dupe will be stranded or incapacitated. Or entombed and needs to be dug out. A single suit and the wait times not going to cut it. 

Reason I mentioned this is because well. I've been there and done that.   Used a single dock because I was too cheap to make a second dock. 

As a suggestion, maybe use a door past the checkpoint and control who gets access thus limiting the usage of the dock while still having a backup dock available. 

The schedule idea works great too and that is how I control only certain amounts of dupes using the bathroom at any given time. 

And worst case scenario you can red alert to get everybody awake. 

35 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

So going back to my point if your dupe needs a rescue from mishaps a single lone dupe will be stranded or incapacitated. Or entombed and needs to be dug out. A single suit and the wait times not going to cut it. 

Reason I mentioned this is because well. I've been there and done that.   Used a single dock because I was too cheap to make a second dock. 

As a suggestion, maybe use a door past the checkpoint and control who gets access thus limiting the usage of the dock while still having a backup dock available. 

The schedule idea works great too and that is how I control only certain amounts of dupes using the bathroom at any given time. 

And worst case scenario you can red alert to get everybody awake. 

I feel like you aren't getting what im asking for, theres not going to be a single suit, thats the whole point of having an auto deliver constantly on (the feature I am asking for), there would always be a suit in a dock filling or full at all times, there doesn't have to only be one dock either, the point is the suits should be the limiting factor not the dock, as long as i can keep supplying suits and o2 to a dock dupes should be able to use those 1-2-3-4 docks etc without me having to go click on a dock and click deliver suit every single time a dupe takes one.

9 hours ago, xenoborg said:

It fails to solve any issues with having a single atmo suit dock, dupe takes suit, dock sits there without an atmo suit in it for the next dupe, meanwhile an auto sweeper and a storage bin full of atmo suits just sits next to it, nor do dupes place a new suit there to go out.

Has that approach ever worked well? I think you are using it wrong...

When a dupe takes a suit, the dock is in "taken" state. It will only await a suit returns. If the suit is worn out, the dock will drop the suit and become "vacancy" state. At that time a dupe or sweeper can deliver a new suit. I guess "single dock" design is not expected by designers.

6 minutes ago, DolphinWing said:

When a dupe takes a suit, the dock is in "taken" state. It will only await a suit returns. If the suit is worn out, the dock will drop the suit and become "vacancy" state. At that time a dupe or sweeper can deliver a new suit. I guess "single dock" design is not expected by designers.

Which is baffling, considering how much just a QoL improvement it would be, the number of times docks just cease to exist because you haven't looked at them for a while and none of them have suits in them anymore because dupes have dropped them or misplaced them, why have an all access option on the checkpoint if the only way to get the dropped suits back on a dock is to manually click deliver every time, makes zero sense.

11 minutes ago, xenoborg said:

Which is baffling, considering how much just a QoL improvement it would be, the number of times docks just cease to exist because you haven't looked at them for a while and none of them have suits in them anymore because dupes have dropped them or misplaced them, why have an all access option on the checkpoint if the only way to get the dropped suits back on a dock is to manually click deliver every time, makes zero sense.

Personally I don't use "All Access" because in the first colony I built multiple entrances. I found that they will drop the suits when dupes come back to base. (I don't use doors to limit access atm.) And that was in the base game. So I guess that's how they implement it. It never comes to my mind that the way you use it.

Btw, I don't think that's a simple QoL improvement. That may change a lot underneath implementations. 

17 minutes ago, DolphinWing said:

Personally I don't use "All Access" because in the first colony I built multiple entrances. I found that they will drop the suits when dupes come back to base. (I don't use doors to limit access atm.) And that was in the base game. So I guess that's how they implement it. It never comes to my mind that the way you use it.

Btw, I don't think that's a simple QoL improvement. That may change a lot underneath implementations. 

It may not be simple, but it was definitely something they should have addressed a long time ago when they brought automation / sweepers and conveyors to the game, or during the two QoL patches, i'm not the first person to complain about the manual action required to deliver a suit either, considering entire bases would grind to a halt for players because of it. It just so happens said improvement would also allow me and other players to do a bunch of cool stuff with less docks.

The new suit repair mechanic already breaks bedroom checkpoint bases as brothgar can attest to. This can fix that.

Having every suit dock instantly refilled with a fresh one would be a different game design. I have 50 lead suit docks or so in various places in my start map, it takes ages to reload the oxygen per dock, that's why it's great to line 3-15 up in a row for mass oxygen ( long term) retanking. If suits would pop up fresh in every dock every time one would be taken, then oxygen would IMHO also have to instantly be refilled.

At the end of the day the docks would be so simplified that it would be boring - My opinion.

An umbrella stand could work great with instant umbrella replacement, then we can have many Merry Popins'es on the map, instantly. Instant umbrella kwik fix to the hand, pop pop yellow rain protection.

It's not QoL if it creates a constant request for errands. A QoL would be to need less time micromanaging something and right now atmo suits even after the "durability"  update made it to this point. The only time that doesn't work and needs micromanaging is exactly when you put only one dock and expect a different behavior than designed

Archived