Atmo suit Deliver suit auto toggle when? Im not babysitting a dock all game

19 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

When there is only one way in and out (sorry...)

My old "atmo suits only for space"

Hide contents

1597252675_alwayspermittedoneentrance.thumb.PNG.88701a0177fbf1746d393af2ae6d4955.PNG

1173767404_alwayspermitted.thumb.PNG.2bfe775063a6417f4bd4b45b81c94a32.PNG

My new "masks for space" 

Reveal hidden contents

915158531_oneinout.thumb.PNG.6e501c9a36064e00271ffe56355f1ddf.PNG

1067184446_alwayspermitted.thumb.PNG.5d6ea813ffe8c57e619cbb810a7a1548.PNG

My new "how to visit other planets when dupes already wear a suit"

Reveal hidden contents

314627273_alwayspermitted2.thumb.PNG.f58a4f688c75a90a8c629f661c99d080.PNG

538329772_alwayspermitted2_.thumb.PNG.a480cae3e3a8886f9d98e5be2ac8653c.PNG

Its literally pointless having all access in that situation, because its exactly the same as vacancy. The only dupes that can enter are the ones that have left, If you had two checkpoints there both leading to space, with all access, you would have one checkpoint and a bunch of suits laying at said checkpoint with the other one suitless at some point. Klei didnt make another option to only be used when it functions exactly the same as Vacancy.

56 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

When there is only one way in and out (sorry...)

My old "atmo suits only for space"

Reveal hidden contents

1597252675_alwayspermittedoneentrance.thumb.PNG.88701a0177fbf1746d393af2ae6d4955.PNG

1173767404_alwayspermitted.thumb.PNG.2bfe775063a6417f4bd4b45b81c94a32.PNG

My new "masks for space" 

Reveal hidden contents

915158531_oneinout.thumb.PNG.6e501c9a36064e00271ffe56355f1ddf.PNG

1067184446_alwayspermitted.thumb.PNG.5d6ea813ffe8c57e619cbb810a7a1548.PNG

My new "how to visit other planets when dupes already wear a suit"

Reveal hidden contents

314627273_alwayspermitted2.thumb.PNG.f58a4f688c75a90a8c629f661c99d080.PNG

538329772_alwayspermitted2_.thumb.PNG.a480cae3e3a8886f9d98e5be2ac8653c.PNG

All Access and Vacancy, both only affect suited dupes as well. Non suited dupes can enter the checkpoint in both modes, so its not like it was made for that purpose either.

1 hour ago, xenoborg said:

If you had two checkpoints there both leading to space, with all access, you would have one checkpoint and a bunch of suits laying at said checkpoint with the other one suitless at some point.

That's when exactly you need "vacancy only". You fill all docks with suits and let dupes loose to chose. (I'll upload an example for that too if you would like to)

10 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

That's when exactly you need "vacancy only". You fill all docks with suits and let dupes loose to chose. (I'll upload an example for that too if you would like to)

Which makes All Access in its current form pointless, if you only use it when it does the exact same thing that Vacancy only does, your base would do the exact same thing with a single checkpoint with vacancy. No need to upload.

Auto deliver would mean those suits got picked up and placed back in a dock without your intervention (besides turning on infinite auto deliver). Thus making all access not pointless and more options viable with docks.

"All access" is the default while "vacancy only" is a conscious choice. There are no "more options" using delivery, just the "only one dock needed" option. The previous oxygen masks worked similarly and you needed to always provide new masks. It was horrible and grindy...

Not really much more else to say

I've listed the pros over 3 pages and not one person has given an actual legitimate con

Pros

QoL Suits dont go missing from circulation ever, requiring manual input (the player pressing deliver suit, every time) This might have been fine when there was only a few buildings in the game but not now.

All Access on checkpoints suddenly becomes viable and not useless

Actual build options and new things to do become possible (Automated suit docking/ repair / tidying, scheduling etc)

Bedroom checkpoints will now work again and be viable, and not broken by the new repair mechanic

It doesn't change the balance of the game in any way, suits still take the same resources and time to fill (electricity/O2/75 seconds),  you save 100kg refined metal per dock sure, but that can easily be offset with automation costs + extra suits

Everything needed to do it is already in the game, Infinite errand buttons and tasks, copy/paste settings buttons, the fact that the intended outcome can be done manually already (by staring at a dock and clicking deliver suit when it gets taken)

Its an option, not a forced state, you can still just choose to click deliver suit button and completely ignore the infinite button next to it.

But please someone enlighten me why this will suddenly break the game/gameplay

14 minutes ago, xenoborg said:

But please someone enlighten me why this will suddenly break the game/gameplay

I don't think it would break anything per se and I actually like the idea. However, I would personally mostly see an application for it for space colonization in SO!, since space is limited in rockets and having a single dock servicing multiple dupes without having to manually click on "deliver suit" in between every time a dupes goes out of the rocket would be really useful.

I see your point and I agree with you on some of it. The only thing though is that I am not convinced in how widely we would end up using such an automated setup vs what we currently have as it requires a lot of schedule management to pull off flawlessly and it becomes increasingly difficult if you manage many duplicants traveling between different planets. That might be due to my personal playstyle, where duplicants going out 1 way can only come back through the same way thus avoiding the problem you mentionned of having suits dropping randomly. I even have extra docks on checkpoints going to rockets in case dupes come from another planet with their own suit. There is always a dock available, basically.

So, yeah, it would be nice to have but not "need to" have in my opinion. If Klei implements that, I would certainly try using it for rocket interiors :-)

17 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

I don't think it would break anything per se and I actually like the idea. However, I would personally mostly see an application for it for space colonization in SO!, since space is limited in rockets and having a single dock servicing multiple dupes without having to manually click on "deliver suit" in between every time a dupes goes out of the rocket would be really useful.

I see your point and I agree with you on some of it. The only thing though is that I am not convinced in how widely we would end up using such an automated setup vs what we currently have as it requires a lot of schedule management to pull off flawlessly and it becomes increasingly difficult if you manage many duplicants traveling between different planets. That might be due to my personal playstyle, where duplicants going out 1 way can only come back through the same way thus avoiding the problem you mentionned of having suits dropping randomly. I even have extra docks on checkpoints going to rockets in case dupes come from another planet with their own suit. There is always a dock available, basically.

So, yeah, it would be nice to have but not "need to" have in my opinion. If Klei implements that, I would certainly try using it for rocket interiors :-)

You wouldn't even need scheduling per se, unless you are going for something particular, like my 6 dupes per dock to exit the base. Think of like a Haz zone where youve got down a few docks, if you can put a sweeper there with some spare suits, suddenly a few more of your dupes could access the haz zone while the first set of dupes are still there, so you could have more than 3 dupes in a spot that only has 3 docks. instead of just having to spam docks everywhere. Or those 3 dupes come back and the next three dupes arent waiting for those 3 suits to charge.

4 minutes ago, xenoborg said:

You wouldn't even need scheduling per se, unless you are going for something particular, like my 6 dupes per dock to exit the base. Think of like a Haz zone where youve got down a few docks, if you can put a sweeper there with some spare suits, suddenly a few more of your dupes could access the haz zone while the first set of dupes are still there, so you could have more than 3 dupes in a spot that only has 3 docks. instead of just having to spam docks everywhere.

Yeah, you're right. I guess worst case scenario even if they are all on the same schedule, they would end up waiting a little bit for suits to refill then just go. That is basically what happens when I try using 1 dock on a rocket for 2-3 dupes colonizing a new planet, except there is the additional delay from me manually delivering new suits to the dock and wasted time if I don't notice a suit needs to be delivered and dupes are just idling inside the rocket.

Archived