64-bit version of DST?

6 hours ago, Slagger said:

Fallout series, Terraria Modloader etc., most of 32bit games have 64 bit version that made by community. I mean it shouldn't be that hard for devs to make.

Common misconception. Just because modders made it does not mean it's that simple. Devs need to meet much higher standards. All the bugs resulting from it, possible stability issues, essentialy destroying entire mod workshop for like a month. They can't just quit at any point like a modder and they affect ALL players, rather than a small following using a mod. So someone who doesn't have any issues with 32 bit might suddenly be unable to play the game at 64 bit for whatever reason, and they can't just uninstall a mod.

There's also the price. Is moving to 64 bit affordable, and does it even make sense to move? The game runs fine at 32 bit without mods.

7 hours ago, Slagger said:

Fallout series, Terraria Modloader etc., most of 32bit games have 64 bit version that made by community. I mean it shouldn't be that hard for devs to make.

I thought most games are 64-bit by default, aren't they?

2 hours ago, MrNaxeros said:

Common misconception. Just because modders made it does not mean it's that simple. Devs need to meet much higher standards. All the bugs resulting from it, possible stability issues, essentialy destroying entire mod workshop for like a month. They can't just quit at any point like a modder and they affect ALL players, rather than a small following using a mod. So someone who doesn't have any issues with 32 bit might suddenly be unable to play the game at 64 bit for whatever reason, and they can't just uninstall a mod.

There's also the price. Is moving to 64 bit affordable, and does it even make sense to move? The game runs fine at 32 bit without mods.

Can't say anything about price or bug stuffs, you made good points.

But they can make both version exist in folders by 64 is default. Starbound does same thing. 64 bit version was not working on my old computer so I was using 32 one instead. Modders can decide which version they are gonna work with it or update their mods. About abounded mods, most of mod that older than a years already not working because of monthly updates so not much is gonna change about it.

Also I don't know how this game works so correct me if I am wrong  anywhere.

1 hour ago, Duck986 said:

I thought most games are 64-bit by default, aren't they?

Games older than 2010 mostly not. As I know it's about ram capacity of computers which old computers don't have much.

About DS and DST, I think they are 32 bit bc game supposed to be an kind of flash/explorer game at first and something changed.

After the huge performance loss i got in ONI after recent update. I'm a bit scared about DST's 64 bit implementation.

I hope the 32 bit version will still be still available just in case.

(FYI i do have a 64 bit system btw)

3 hours ago, ALCRD said:

After the huge performance loss i got in ONI after recent update. I'm a bit scared about DST's 64 bit implementation.

I hope the 32 bit version will still be still available just in case.

(FYI i do have a 64 bit system btw)

yeah you can don't worry about it

Archived