where is old colony?

one thing is not make me sense about this game, where is the old colony who live at asteroid , to they die? where is the bodies or skeletons then? to they leave with rocked? where is stairs and stuff because you just cant go up without digging

example like this, its human made some sort office, some dupes probaply monitored from there maybe animals who knows

office.thumb.png.8d43f25e33c4bcfc6cd41c385207e925.png

its one off proof that someone was there before our dupes landed to asteroid

13 minutes ago, JRup said:

Turned into hatch poop.

ok, so you say they teleported there like our colony todo? but where is all the machinery, you just cant build office like that with simple rocks. for example computer at desk needs silicon stile factory for make microchips and stuff

26 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

It is up to interpretation. You can gather lore from data base entries, in-game clues, and make up your own story.

what i think off this is, dupe who at second asteroid in sleeping capsule eat all the other dupes, by reading logs there was kind off allot off them, or it can be that this dupe was alone here and write imagine people to logs, that would explain nut build in that office

Inspecting the printing pod iirc gives you a piece of lore about an evacuation notice. The original staff working in those office and lab areas likely got evacuated before whatever happened after - happened. We don`t know where they went or whan did it happen (well the age of the frozen dupe is kind of a clue on that). We don`t know if they are still alive but in one of the shorts there is a broken planet with a force field around it so there is still something we don`t know about.

9 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Inspecting the printing pod iirc gives you a piece of lore about an evacuation notice. The original staff working in those office and lab areas likely got evacuated before whatever happened after - happened. We don`t know where they went or whan did it happen (well the age of the frozen dupe is kind of a clue on that). We don`t know if they are still alive but in one of the shorts there is a broken planet with a force field around it so there is still something we don`t know about.

there now new question about this, ok they evacuate , but why they left that one guy inside frozen capsule ?  panic? well if they panic out then there is change that they easily used  that broken elevator and die all at there

6 hours ago, gabberworld said:

but why they left that one guy inside frozen capsule ?  panic? well if they panic out then there is change that they easily used  that broken elevator and die all at there

The thing is dupes were an experiment. They aren`t "real" people but 3d printed ones that were being designed in the facility along some other weird tech. The frozen dupe just got left like an abandoned experiment would.

Do you read all lore?

There was no old colony on this asteroid. You are not on asteroid, you are still on Earth - on some chunk of it, ripped away in grand disaster. This is remnants of main Gravitas laboratory. Most people just gone from this laboratory before disaster strike -- this is first info you get inspecting printer

"Attention all Gravitas personnel

Evacuation protocol in effect

Reactor meltdown in bioengineering imminent

Remain calm and proceed to emergency exits

Do not attempt to use elevators".

If you have a Red Dwarf on your starmap, you can understand what happens to most of laboratory personnel. Tragic, but old reactor now source of alluminium and ... well... lets call it "fossil", good replacement word for "remnants of stupid scientists and stuff"

Gravitas made a great project to colonize far away stars, but after that they break time/space and ripped earth apart. You are Artificial Intelligence made from one of lead scientists (there was two girls, if you read everything in office, one became director of all this, and another one was genius scientist, you are made by brain-mapping scientist one).

Some time after explosion printer reactivates and print first three dupes, thinking it is on new planet. But it is not. So it is slightly surprised by not being on surface and not having living support

6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

had to say i think ed about that :)

Well, there are no red dwarf star in solar system, and aluminum do not exist in natural form -- it is man-made material. So, red dwarf can only be melted down reactor. And if we found lot of old bones near it, then source of them became obvious

31 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Gravitas made a great project to colonize far away stars, but after that they break time/space and ripped earth apart. You are Artificial Intelligence made from one of lead scientists (there was two girls, if you read everything in office, one became director of all this, and another one was genius scientist, you are made by brain-mapping scientist one).

Some time after explosion printer reactivates and print first three dupes, thinking it is on new planet. But it is not. So it is slightly surprised by not being on surface and not having living support

Well, there are no red dwarf star in solar system, and aluminum do not exist in natural form -- it is man-made material. So, red dwarf can only be melted down reactor. And if we found lot of old bones near it, then source of them became obvious

what i can say, RIP dupes fossil.thumb.png.ccb659a06ad0c733ac8cc2cc61ebce0e.png

On 7/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, Sasza22 said:

The thing is dupes were an experiment. They aren`t "real" people but 3d printed ones that were being designed in the facility along some other weird tech. The frozen dupe just got left like an abandoned experiment would.

Dupes are not real :confused:

I still believe in Father Christmas !

Make great game dear Papa Klei Smurf :afro:

26 minutes ago, babba said:

Dupes are not real :confused:

I still believe in Father Christmas !

Make great game dear Papa Klei Smurf :afro:

i been still think ed all the time that this pot is oneway stargate , that they come from some planet, and you as colony leader choose who can come in and who is skipped

something to add, when you inspect the neural vacillators it will give you various research notes indicating that critters were also designed by the facility in their efforts to spread life, except gassy moos those seem to be of alien origen.

dont worry about those fossils in the oil biome, its more likely that they are of animal origen , given that the asteroid comes from earth's crust and there are fossils in earth.

Spoiler

every and all dupes are the clones of the facillity staff, those doors with bioscan in those ruins was where they took the samples from the staff, the process was not perfect thats why dupes dont have feet and don't remember their old life. 

that shattered planet you see in the space biome its earth, the bigger remains atleast.

there is more if you want to know

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

what i can say, RIP dupes

Not dupes. Earthling humans. "Dupes" is "Duplicants" -- copies, printed by Printer Pod, made specifically for space exploration. They wasn't exists before, only small amount of test subjects frozen in Facility. They are smaller than humans, more efficient than humans, enormously strong and brainwashed happy :)

But, with oil and molten core, possibly this fossils is part of Earth and really prehistoric fossils

I'll admit.... I discovered that you can inspect your first printing pod.. yesterday.
(I do have 600+h on ONI atm)

I think I did not find quite a few of log entries till now - few I've seen first time here.

6 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Not dupes. Earthling humans. "Dupes" is "Duplicants" -- copies, printed by Printer Pod, made specifically for space exploration. They wasn't exists before, only small amount of test subjects frozen in Facility. They are smaller than humans, more efficient than humans, enormously strong and brainwashed happy :)

But, with oil and molten core, possibly this fossils is part of Earth and really prehistoric fossils

Maybe humans first shrunk themself in size and then made dupe clones :confused::confused::confused:

20 hours ago, gabberworld said:

i think we need the video about that what happened before we landed to the asteroid

Again, we are not landed anywhere. Just old Printing Pod turn-on accidentally in a long forgotten ruins of Gravitas Facility after centuries passed since destruction of Earth

15 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Again, we are not landed anywhere. Just old Printing Pod turn-on accidentally in a long forgotten ruins of Gravitas Facility after centuries passed since destruction of Earth

im pretty sure what happened, that dlc reactor or reactors blow up and destroy the earth

Just now, gabberworld said:

im pretty sure what happened, that dlc reactor or reactors blow up and destroy the earth

No, at the time of building nuclear energy was outlawed. They need some compact energy source and they restarted their old research on temporal physics. They create compact source of unlimited energy, Time Bow reactor generating infinite power. But something gone very wrong way...

Compact Time Bow reactor installed in Printing Pod. So, it is eternal (well, they talk about 4000 years), and it don't produce any heat or waste

30 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

No, at the time of building nuclear energy was outlawed. They need some compact energy source and they restarted their old research on temporal physics. They create compact source of unlimited energy, Time Bow reactor generating infinite power. But something gone very wrong way...

Compact Time Bow reactor installed in Printing Pod. So, it is eternal (well, they talk about 4000 years), and it don't produce any heat or waste

yeah , still what i really think is that sleeping guy killed them all and write all new logs, for look like it was a accident

and that fossil what is in map is those humans leftovers

long long time ago before that, some asteroid just hit the earth, that what happened the earth self 

that guy who is in that capsule just go nut as there all kind differed materials , probaply he/she expose them all, like radiation,  gems and soo on

Archived