Woodie Goose form

Hii this is a simple ideia but i think it's good and will not make woodie OP or anything like that... i was wondering if would be a good ideia if goose form could pick and handle at least one item in his mouth because he's only usefull to find the islands on the ocean or exploring ruins because he has night vision but making him able to hold one item in his mouth would make very usefull to bring itens from ocean like bottles or seaweed.

It's just an ideia in my oppinion wood it's amazing and perfect balanced moose form can't beat any usefulls boss alone(just the easy ones)  but it's good to farm enemies. Wereabever it's usefull to chop and dug trees without summoning tree guardians and this two forms are usefull all game but Goose loose his utility very soon i don't think anybody use goose form to reach at one place fast since in first days we are collecting resources so walking in goose form prevents you from doing that and after winter walking Cane beats goose speed so there's no good reason to use him(maybe if your want to cross the lakes to short your path...) but as i said it's only an simple ideia... 

Cheers.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:46 PM, Lord Cafe said:

after winter walking Cane beats goose speed

Cane is +25%, goose  is +40%.

It's still slightly less with cane+mag.    I'm a dunce, cane+mag is about 0.25x faster. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Grim the said:

It's still slightly less with cane+mag. 

It's slightly less, but you also keep your backpack on you and have free night vision while doing so. I'd still say the goose has plenty on utility as a pack mule for stuff even after getting the yellow amulet.

1 minute ago, Frashaw27 said:

It's slightly less, but you also keep your backpack on you and have free night vision while doing so. I'd still say the goose has plenty on utility as a pack mule for stuff even after getting the yellow amulet.

I agree with what you said, I was saying it to correct Lord Cafe claiming the cane beats goose.

Goose is a 40% speed boost, you keep your backpack, and you gain night vision and insulation.

Cane is a 25% speed boost, and you keep your backpack.

Cane+Magiluminescence is a 50% speed boost, you lose backpack, and gain light.

Woodie is already the strongest character in the game at resource gathering, and arguably the best at scouting. He's decent in almost every fight to boot. The last thing he needs is yet another buff.

Indeed if I were to change anything about Woodie it would be to raise the cost on his Idols to 5 Monster Meat instead of 3, to make them much harder to spam. This is coming from someone who probably has over 100 hours with the character; he's the only character in the game arguably as powerful as Wortox and each of them is only a breath below Wolfgang.

30 minutes ago, JaxckLl said:

Woodie is already the strongest character in the game at resource gathering, and arguably the best at scouting. He's decent in almost every fight to boot. The last thing he needs is yet another buff.

Indeed if I were to change anything about Woodie it would be to raise the cost on his Idols to 5 Monster Meat instead of 3, to make them much harder to spam. This is coming from someone who probably has over 100 hours with the character; he's the only character in the game arguably as powerful as Wortox and each of them is only a breath below Wolfgang.

I legitimately can't tell if this was sarcastic

32 minutes ago, JaxckLl said:

...Maxwell is better then Woodie for logging, and Bearger is better then both. Goose is okay for scouting, but you can't pick anything up as it, giving Walter an edge. He's worse in fights compared to Wolfgang and even Wigfrid.

Raising the cost of the idols would serve no purpose, they're okay as is and serve their purpose well enough, as there's no real reason to spam them. Wortox is not overpowered. Healing and teleporting is okay, but not the best perks in the world. Wolfgang isn't the best character either, he excels in combat but he's not super amazing in every other area of the game.

Like the above post, I cannot tell if this is sarcastic or not, feel free to yell at me.

The goose was perfectly fine until the beefalo updates which made it much less desirable. Before easy beefalo’s were a thing you could use your goose form in the late game to go from point A to point B quickly, your edge was speed like cane and magi but with a backpack. EG: carrying a lot of dragonfly gems and living logs to drop at a pseudoscience machine and then go back. I used to give it that use and it was fine. 

Since beefalos are a lot better and beefalo bells are a thing, you really don’t need the goose past the early sea exploration. You can carry even a piggyback on a beefalo as any character and still it would be better than using the goose.

I don’t think the goose form problem comes on not being able to pick up things but more about it’s late game utility. The only change that comes to mind to make it useful even in the late game would be to increase its speed. It would still be worse than Woby in terms of exploration, but at least you could use it to move around quickly past the early game.

Its probably going to be useful again if they add more interesting places to go at the sea, that you can visit often. But even in that case, a speed increase would still make it overall better.

If you take more than one idol and some sanity restoration (no fighting shadows as goose) then you can use the fact you retain your backpack and inventory during transformations.

Goose is probably his best perk imo. It negates hunger and seasonal temperatures, is one of the best speed buffs and is a lifeline when sailing.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, Grim the said:

It's still slightly less with cane+mag. 

Goose is faster than a walking cane if you just look at the raw numbers, but the goose has a short animation it needs to do before it can start walking, and then once you get there you need to sit around for several seconds not doing anything. It costs seeds, monster meat, sanity, and hunger, and while it technically gets you there 12% faster that bonus is likely to be closer to 0% or possibly even a negative number once you account for the time you spend waiting around to actually be able to be there in an actionable state. Unless you're skipping huge chunks of land by walking over water goose form will probably be slower. Even if you're running from edge to edge across the entire map you're likely to be sitting around doing nothing for about 10 seconds. 

Thanks for all the feedback i really though goose was slower thank walking cane but thanks for correcting me

On 6/30/2021 at 8:27 PM, JaxckLl said:

There's no limit to buffs to a character if this will make the gameplay better and more fun to play if the buff don't ake anybody else lifes worst he could have as many as he needed until reachs the perfect gameplay my ideia is like  change maxwell shadows to not chop or dug everything they see.

Woodie is far from being the strongests character in the game he's probrably the most usefull early on but far from being strong being good at multiples things means you're don't stand out in anything he can chop faster and that's good beside that he has the wereabeaver form to dug faster but in late game thoose skills aren't usefull and by late game i mean by the first winter since deerclops is a good way to farm wood while bearger ins't avaliable.

Stronger character's are another topic but pick Wolfgang as example he has zero depth in his gameplay you just need to eat some meatballs to get 300HP double damage and almost double speed this is even more usefull in late game since nobody dies or have problem about starvation in this game even beginners can keep up well after learning about meatballs unless you're playing Warly who needs diferent foods everyday almost starvation is the last problem that you have in DST but he should not be nerfed but get some rework to make players work for that amazing power something like some weights you have to use to train wolfgang muscles as an example.

But i'm saying all that just to reinforce that buffs and reworks aren't bad if they don't make another character worst think for a second what would be a bad update. If you change moose form to being able to eat healing foods he would be almost the best fighting character in the game since he would not need armor to fight but he can't do that and that's why moose form is only good agains't bosses which are preety easy to kill(We don't need to talk about jellybeans or healing over time with others items since this ins't enough to kill any hard boss before dying only if you have another play like Warly to make some spice food but if wortox he can tank anything but woodie alone can't do that and moonrock portals make the whole game broken)

I forgot to talk about woodie spamming transformations but i don't think nobody does that or someone really does? you don't need to turn into moose to kill two spiders most of the time you're only moose if need to kill HUNDRED of enemies at the same time even killing bosses is way better as human(try Bee Queen in moose form for example) i've don't starv together for almost 4 years i think and almost 2k hours and never saw people spamming transformations like you said.

Cheers 

Archived