@gabberworld

The screenshot from OP produces more.

In short:

• Arbor trees have 7 tiles where they "can" produce. They use 5/7, however.
  • With some careful pruning all trees can do 5 productive spots. Pruning doesn't need repeating, the plants will be set once you've done it right.

With this in mind OP has effectively won by 2 trees.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:19 AM, gabberworld said:

does this setup drops same amount tree like 2 tile between trees or your setup drops more?

tree.thumb.png.7554bb136326e350bb975d7859e17b39.png

If you want vast amount of lumber, 2 tile like what you did is better, however, you have to change tile with door so lumber will drop down.
image.png.e159b3926d20a533da31904aab20db0e.png
The tile on top is to make sure no lumber on top of the tree and any unharvested branch will drop down and you can put your conveyer system there.

4 hours ago, Tranoze said:

If you want vast amount of lumber, 2 tile like what you did is better, however, you have to change tile with door so lumber will drop down.

Why? I have a conveyor that picks up the lumber and takes it where it needs to go.

3 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Why? I have a conveyor that picks up the lumber and takes it where it needs to go.

Oh this is not pip farm, it is pure lumber farm, by having lumber stack on top of each other like this you can disable dupe harvest and have good supply of lumber with minimal amount of conveyer system.
image.png.6da509e0c19ce75055305e1f04d3e792.png
I just have pip there because it was still in planting progress, but all lumber will drop down to bottom where conveyer system is.

A wild lumber tree can feed 3 pips, and having more just a waste of time for dupe to harvest (if im correct, pip and drekko wont eat ripe plant, so you should enable harvesting in your farm.)

7 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

@Tranoze Branches take a very long time to harvest on their own. You can skip this delay by using a schematic by kbn.

It only take 4 cycles to auto harvest, But, BUT i think that schematic plus escher pump is perfect for 0 power auto harvest arbor tree.

3 hours ago, Tranoze said:

A wild lumber tree can feed 3 pips

The scheme was not created for the sake of pips, but to get the maximum yield from the farm.

"The farm requires a minimum of dupes labor, and produces in 1 cycle: 160 kg of dirt, 400 kg of lumber, etc."

3 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Branches take a very long time to harvest on their own. You can skip this delay by using a schematic by kbn.

It's an interesting scheme. I'm afraid it will be too complicated and incomprehensible for most people.

7 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Except it is 20 cycles.

Did something change? Cuz it take 4 cycle for any type of plant to go from ripe to drop, so arbor drop one per 22 cycles instead of one per 18 cycles.
So how did you say that is 20 cycle?

5 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

The scheme was not created for the sake of pips, but to get the maximum yield from the farm.

If so you can totally plant 9 more lumber on your roof of that scheme for more lumbers.
Here is my quick edit for your scheme in ms paint
image.png.a364c6dcfd660d40b012569e63f8e7e0.png
You can even extend it more...
image.png.2a49afd24753bd7c8588b2191fc816b9.png

5 hours ago, Tranoze said:

it take 4 cycle for any type of plant to go from ripe to drop

Any plant except arbor tree branches.

5 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Did something change?

Yep, it changed in July 2019, before Arbor Trees were released, when we discovered it was easy to do what you are suggesting in the preview branch.

21 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

You can't fit that tightly. There should be more vertical distance (the article mentions this).

It just from ms paint so i can only draw 4 tile but it must be spacing 5 tiles. The point is, wild abor tree does not produce much lumber, lumber does not generate that much power, lumber generator only create 300W compare to dupe running (400W), and convert them to ethanol also the same. It better to make dedicated lumber farm rather than filling them in pip farm that waste power and conveyer rail to deliver them to lumber power system.
So i usally under feed my pip, for example, 7 pips only need 2 wild lumber tree, that way it less likely for me to harvest any lumber from pip ranch.

The circuit produces enough lumber to generate 667 watts of energy. Plus dirt, shells, and meat. Not so little, considering that the dupes work is minimal and the circuit is extremely simple.
The manual generator only produces 400 watts and nothing more and requires dupes all day (in shifts).

On 6/13/2021 at 8:35 AM, nakomaru said:

@Tranoze Branches take a very long time to harvest on their own. You can skip this delay by using a schematic by kbn.

I actually implemented this in survival. Made a tall farm of thirteen trees to fuel two ethanol distillers to irrigate twenty-six nosh sprouts to feed sixteen dupes spicy tofu.

Spoiler

20210124101007_1.thumb.jpg.e0ddeeeb2c3e72da929f413010e045f9.jpg

9 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

a little bit of the idea

On many of your designs you do not use Power Control Station.

It is extremely useful if you have some refined metal to spare. For example, it makes supercoolant aquatuner + steam turbine power neutral.

But using it on petroleum generator will create 1kW of extra power. For a cost of 5 metal per 3 days

Yeah, I've never used it. And yes, it brings more benefits than costs. I also use conductive wires even in places where heavi-watt wires should be used. If you want, you can add the station to any circuit on your own. I pointed out its undoubted usefulness in my article on electricity.

I do it because:
- So as not to complicate the circuit and the reader's perception of it.
- Many people think it is not justified.
- Newbies may take it as a necessary element of the scheme (which is not true).

Archived