We need some biome variation

So we always start in the same set of biomes, game after game, with little variation.

I’d love to see secondary biomes that are visually different and have the basic components we need but still differ somewhat for the original and can appear in random combinations.

And more NPC villages too. Maybe female and baby Mactusks, or the new bird NPCs from the event, with different behaviour than the pigs.

Maybe they’re interchangeable, and whether you get the pig biome on the mainland or on a second land overseas to sail to is random chance.

plus it would give us more reason to sail, and we need more destinations on the water. Be it a shipwrecked style island or whatever. 

But every game begins the same. Every NPC village is the same. Let’s throw some chaos in there.

A crow village would be cool, the mainland biomes are honestly fine as they are, RoG perfected the DS experience. Ocean could use some more islands, I'd like to see an arctic island, with polar bears, year round ice, pengulls, seals, and maybe even orcas.

i alredy dit not like ore variations in terraria because there is just no real reason to have it so even more so if there still the same as the other version of it like there is realy no reasons for iron to be replaced whit lead wich exactly works the same as iron and even the 2 disease bioms where kinda the same pretty much so and if even the bioms feel the same how will biom variations work in dontstarve? like for what do you want to replace the birchnut forest whit that the other version of it still dont feel the same as the original version? an apple forest version? wich as the same feel to it too i mean i dont want to sound mean or anything like that i just put my opinion out

On 6/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, Dr.Medic said:

i alredy dit not like ore variations in terraria because there is just no real reason to have it so even more so if there still the same as the other version of it like there is realy no reasons for iron to be replaced whit lead wich exactly works the same as iron and even the 2 disease bioms where kinda the same pretty much so and if even the bioms feel the same how will biom variations work in dontstarve? like for what do you want to replace the birchnut forest whit that the other version of it still dont feel the same as the original version? an apple forest version? wich as the same feel to it too i mean i dont want to sound mean or anything like that i just put my opinion out

1. Ever heard of punctuation? Try it sometime

2. Ore variation in Terraria is to make each world feel different, you know how boring it gets in Minecraft mining the same 5 ores over and over again? With the hardmode ores you get even more variation since each armor set has different set bonuses. Really, why are you complaining about there being more content in a game?

1 hour ago, Baark0 said:

1. Ever heard of punctuation? Try it sometime

2. Ore variation in Terraria is to make each world feel different, you know how boring it gets in Minecraft mining the same 5 ores over and over again? With the hardmode ores you get even more variation since each armor set has different set bonuses. Really, why are you complaining about there being more content in a game?

1. WOW imagine complaining about someones grammar on the internet

2. because it does not realy make it differend the ore variatons its still in the same order you get the ores its tin or copper then iron or lead then silver or tungsten then gold or platin and the other 3 ore variations are not realy any better there still in the same order you get them its just they have a differend color 

youo know i dont realy complain about there bein more content i more want meaningfull and unique content then a reskin of iron

7 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

2. because it does not realy make it differend the ore variatons its still in the same order you get the ores its tin or copper then iron or lead then silver or tungsten then gold or platin and the other 3 ore variations are not realy any better there still in the same order you get them its just they have a differend color 

youo know i dont realy complain about there bein more content i more want meaningfull and unique content then a reskin of iron

I'm the one complaining? That's wild dude. I simply pointed out that you should try punctuating your sentences sometime, because it might make me take your words more seriously.

This really isn't the place to discuss Terraria ores, but I have never seen anyone until now complain about there being 2 sets of ores, like ever. It actually makes 0 difference, and is just there to make each world a little different. I physically can't come up with a reason as to why anyone would dislike there being more content in a game.

The ores were not meant to be meaningful content. If you really only want meaningful content, then I assume you must've hated the party update, since that pretty much only added cosmetic items that are just for fun. You must also hate the Cawnival, since again, that just added cosmetic items. Not everything has to be super impactful on the way you play the game.

Also imagine actually progressing through the ore tiers in pre-hardmode lmao

If we get new biome alternatives akin to the variation found in twigs and berries (i.e: twiggy trees, juicy berry bushes), I would personally love to see a foggy forest alternative to the dark forest that has the ominous graveyard fog, possibly limiting sight.

8 hours ago, Baark0 said:

I'm the one complaining? That's wild dude. I simply pointed out that you should try punctuating your sentences sometime, because it might make me take your words more seriously.

This really isn't the place to discuss Terraria ores, but I have never seen anyone until now complain about there being 2 sets of ores, like ever. It actually makes 0 difference, and is just there to make each world a little different. I physically can't come up with a reason as to why anyone would dislike there being more content in a game.

The ores were not meant to be meaningful content. If you really only want meaningful content, then I assume you must've hated the party update, since that pretty much only added cosmetic items that are just for fun. You must also hate the Cawnival, since again, that just added cosmetic items. Not everything has to be super impactful on the way you play the game.

Also imagine actually progressing through the ore tiers in pre-hardmode lmao

man it seems i hit a nerve here well then be it that way if you realy do wish to think it that way sure im the bad one and your the super good person that is always right in every single way if thats makes you happy

9 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

man it seems i hit a nerve here well then be it that way if you realy do wish to think it that way sure im the bad one and your the super good person that is always right in every single way if thats makes you happy

Just ignore my arguments and instead reply with a "I'm not mad, you are"

ok lol

On 6/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, Dr.Medic said:

Alright, so this is gonna be off-topic, but when your grammar is unreadable to the point where it is physically hard to look at points, then people are not going to be able to understand your points.

Now, on the topic of terraria...

We could have biome variation in terms of redesigned biomes like how in terraria you get either crimson or corruption. In our case, we could have savannahs vs grasslands, swamps vs marsh, desert vs dunes, and etc. We could have new mobs for these replacement biomes too, just to give the world more flavor.

23 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You can have different points of view without bickering. 

Please keep posts polite and on-topic.

Sort of disappointed this wasn't a cool "we're working on something similar to OPS suggestion" from the devs, thanks for always being active though!

I would be a sucker for biome varieties,  having the alternate biome spawn on a different island would be the cherry on top!

Klei should overall look into adding more variety to the game.

More sprites for common objects like boulders, seeds, grass tufts, trees.

Unique seasonal effects chosen randomly every year; so that seasons don't feel as repetitive.

And yes, different versions of the same biome.

36 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Klei should overall look into adding more variety to the game.

More sprites for common objects like boulders, seeds, grass tufts, trees.

Unique seasonal effects chosen randomly every year; so that seasons don't feel as repetitive.

And yes, different versions of the same biome.

Yes I agree with this statement, and assuming they’re not planning to Abandon DST for some as of yet to be announced DS 2.. then I think doing things like this would be a huge step in the right direction.

if you watch Klei’s animated shorts theyre often drawn more life-like full of activity such as spiders fighting over a nest or crows in tree tops, different designs for trees etc.. Elevated foundations of hills & cliffside ledges..

Where is all of this IN-GAME? Your showing me a Wonderful looking world that just doesn’t quite live up to it’s portrayed versions in actual gameplay.

As someone who bought one of the new PS5/Xbox Series consoles I would LOVE to see Klei put that power to use.

right now: They’re probably heavily focused on those two mystery updates still to come, but later.. I’d love to see them take the world that they draw and animate (their personal vision of what the constant and its whacky cast is like) and put that into actual gameplay as much as they possibly can.

Yea I love this idea. It would add more replayability and a few other games do this. Im gonna compare to terraria again. Relogic added a new biome variant to the corruption called the crimson in the 1.2 update. Each biome are now completely different which is very epic. Each of those evil biomes in terraria have different bosses, enemies, items, music, crafting recipes and alot more. 

The binding of issac also does something like this where sometimes you can get the cellar floor or the basement floor, Or you can get the catacombs floor or caves floor. etc. 

Now if we put this into dst image a variant to the dedicoius biome called the stone keep. So instead of a lush forest you would have the chance to get a stony place with stony npcs and stuff. So instead of pigmen you would get rocky people. Where they drop rocks when they get killed instead of pigskin and stuff. And there would be a stone king that gives you rocks instead of gold when you feed him meat. And there would be trees that drop stone instead of wood. AND bam we have a completely new biome in the game which is a 50/50 variant to the dedicous biome and you could get either one. So a playthrough that is dedicous biome would be completely different from a playthrough that is stone keep biome. And they can bring this idea even farther and add variants to the caves, ruins, savannah, lunar biome, pearl, and a lot more places aswell. The possibilities are endless.

Archived