Useless Items, What can be done?

34 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

What if gloomer wings can get a moon tab recipe for a body slot (or head slot like super mario hat) item that increase speed and makes us able to jump short distances?

Mactusks on public servers, I mean in servers where there is just one Mactusk igloo, gets players in a race to get it killed before anyone else. Glommer who comes earlier and respawns slower, will suffer an even worse fate if there is an item that can be done with the wings that is as good as what's described above.

I'm sort of with @Terra B Welch on this one, unless this item can only be crafted in the very late game (where he gets killed every night anyway, since with the moonstorm event it keeps respawning daily and lets people gamble for their Krampus sacks)

I think glommer should even be buffed, like, provide a larger sanity aura, so players are interested to keep it alive before the moonstorm event.

Just now, ShadowDuelist said:

Mactusks on public servers, I mean in servers where there is just one Mactusk igloo, gets players in a race to get it killed before anyone else. Glommer who comes earlier and respawns slower, will suffer an even worse fate if there is an item that can be done with the wings that is as good as what's described above.

I'm sort of with @Terra B Welch on this one, unless this item can only be crafted in the very late game (where he gets killed every night anyway, since with the moonstorm event it keeps respawning daily and lets people gamble for their Krampus sacks)

I think glommer should even be buffed, like, provide a larger sanity aura, so players are interested to keep it alive, before the moonstorm event.

We already are interested on letting him alive because of his goop which is a good plant food and the best healing option to fight moon stuff

The item can be added to the moon orb tier after killing CC or making the 3 altars increasing the crafting tier with new recipes (there is little sense of having the same recipes with 1 altar, 2, 3 or in the upgraded orb) so it could be a very late game item.

43 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think glommer should even be buffed, like, provide a larger sanity aura, so players are interested to keep it alive before the moonstorm event.

The fact people abuse the moonstorm event to kill glommer makes me depressed.

1 hour ago, Just-guy said:

I like the idea but Starcaller's Staff already has uses for light during boss fights.

I really like this, but it would probably need some late game item so it wouldn't be able to cheese things like the labyrinth.

I was actually thinking of only making it work above ground where you can place boats. I believe it would easier to implement since if you misjudge a jump you will just drown. There is no animation for falling into the dark abyss. It could take beeswax and be ruins gear as a nod to icarus and be refueled by beeswax to affirm its late game place. Though it would have to degrade very, very slowly since beeswax is hard to come by...

Speaking of, the labyrinth can be semi-cheesed by walking at the edge... Should they fix that lol?

2 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I like the idea but Starcaller's Staff already has uses for light during boss fights.

Well that depends on when one clears the ruins.

Flying light source that can be crafted relatively early on would be somewhat useful for players that don't rush ruins

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

just make it so glommer doesnt drop his wings if he's murdered by a player

easy.

If they make it so he sheds a pair of extra wings(like how a snake sheds skin) by feeding him lots of treats then I'd be fine.

But it just makes me depressed when glommer is killed. :(

i once used fire nettle fronds in winter to keep warm. But its still kinda redundant since making fire + thermal stone is super easy. buts its there i guess. If there was a way to harvest them without being stung, we could use them to kill hungry mobs.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:42 PM, Hornete said:

I think it's okay for phelgm to stay "bad", I can't really imagine a use for it that'd work, since you barely get phelgm, you'll probably kill ewecus once for the brush and that's it.

Maybe it could be added to the loot table of the Naked Mole Bat burrow, a 30% chance to drop aditional to the other 2 items when it's dug up.

Green moonlens - A late game building that is prototyped at a pseudoscience station that functions as both a shadow manipulator and an alchemy engine as one. When crafting within a certain distance of this building all low research crafts (science machine and under) will be half cost to make.

Red moonlens - Just add it as a part of the recipe for the dragon furnace and add the function to cook or burn multiple items at once within the furnace like obsidian packim baggims in shipwrecked.

Yellow moonlens - A stronger version of the firepit that lasts longer and either repels sanity creatures within a radius around the fire OR absorbs sanity damage of all survivors nearby. One or the other would be neat.

Archived