2021 DLC Character Discussion (The Sequel)

1 hour ago, Blue Moth said:

i'd like to flip that question on its head: can a robot not be nonbinary?

Yes, it can be, for example, ternary (3 possible values). Even hexadecimal (base 16) - related to its supposed computational/operating system just to randomly exemplify.

And from my understanding, English language catalogs everything that's not human as an "it", not to mention inorganic "entities". Hence, most correct way of addressing a robot/automaton is as "it".

As for WX and ...basically plural non-nominal way of addressing it (quite the confusing manner regarding people for whom English is not their 1st language, even more-so in case of Latin-based grammar for example, like Italian, Spanish or Romanian that are extremely gendered languages, each plural word form having a specific gender from the existing two) - let's parade it for what it is: DST lore retcon pandering in a fringe zeitgeist vein, and call-it-a-day.

43 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

WX may not be the organic definition of alive, but they are a person like the rest of the characters. But also, none of the cast is truly alive, just code and art assets. So WX is definitely non-binary.

I don't think it works like that since that would technically mean non of them are persons but one entity of code.

1 hour ago, Blue Moth said:

i'd like to flip that question on its head: can a robot not be nonbinary?

Mate have you seen Bender, the guy literally told us himself that his antenna is his dong, he changed gender like 4 times and shows no shame when he sees a lass:

BiB8Jeg09bs7h0Gf-CbUhdeiRAY.gif.f10e978aa33c3a59981576e44ec339e8.gif

The "concern" raised in this thread will make sure it gets locked or moved to the off-topic section soon (as these "issues" tend to do).

Personally I am hoping for Winnie to make an appearance! Any character with perks related to farming, the caves, neutral creatures or the ocean would be swell.

Here’s a random idea:

A character that changes perks based on sanity level.

When low on sanity it gets a temper, deals more damage, maybe takes less as well, but other things like crafting and cooking are slowed down, maybe it even can’t talk to plants, or maybe it wastes durability of items.

When high on sanity it’s super calm and light and provides some unique and usable way to recover a bit of sanity and health for others and themselves. This healing perk is removed or harmful when low on sanity. It also deals less damage than normal characters in this state.

It also has something they really hate, such as violence (anything taking or dealing damage) that lowers sanity.

This character would be interesting because it would be a flavorful sanity reliant one. Controlling the sanity level would be its core gameplay element and planning activities around it would introduce a unique playstile.

Honestly speaking coming up with a new character who has a perk that doesn't step on the toes of existing characters seems rather hard at this point personally I'd prefer a character geared towards ocean content.

3 hours ago, clickrush said:

Here’s a random idea:

A character that changes perks based on sanity level.

When low on sanity it gets a temper, deals more damage, maybe takes less as well, but other things like crafting and cooking are slowed down, maybe it even can’t talk to plants, or maybe it wastes durability of items.

When high on sanity it’s super calm and light and provides some unique and usable way to recover a bit of sanity and health for others and themselves. This healing perk is removed or harmful when low on sanity. It also deals less damage than normal characters in this state.

It also has something they really hate, such as violence (anything taking or dealing damage) that lowers sanity.

This character would be interesting because it would be a flavorful sanity reliant one. Controlling the sanity level would be its core gameplay element and planning activities around it would introduce a unique playstile.

This kinda seems like a fusion of Wortox, Wes, Wigfrid, Winona.

16 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yes, it can be, for example, ternary (3 possible values). Even hexadecimal (base 16) - related to its supposed computational/operating system just to randomly exemplify.

Maybe I am missing context but I can't tell if you are making a joke of like "what operating system is WX on" or if you are trying to make a serious statement about his gender, which would be funny considering hexadecimal can be read as binary. The "non-binary" tag is supposed to be used for things that are ambiguous and be referred to as it, like a Robot. 

And from my understanding, English language catalogs everything that's not human as an "it", not to mention inorganic "entities". Hence, most correct way of addressing a robot/automaton is as "it".

You wouldn't call your dog "it", you would say he or she

As for WX and ...basically plural non-nominal way of addressing it

Yeah I'm not sure exactly what you mean but the only plural character is Webber, who literally has the tag plural

15 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Personally I am hoping for Winnie to make an appearance! Any character with perks related to farming, the caves, neutral creatures or the ocean would be swell.

Winnie is just worse Wigfred, and I think her character design was repurposed for her so the chance of that is almost nothing

On 5/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, Wardin25 said:

This is a game, dont mix gender things with entertainment

also I know that people didnt just start turning gay this decade, but I dont think there were many people identifying as something more than homo at the time the game is set in

bruh wx is canon nb -_-

Archived