[Spaced Out! Update] - 463486

• Developer

Hey everyone, here's another patch for the Spaced Out! Testing Branch with some fixes, balance changes to plant mutations, and updated sounds effects!

Changes

• Farm Tiles and Hydroponic Tiles now allow corner access for delivery chores.
  • Varied the maximum amount of radiation each plant species can handle
  • Increased maximum seed mutation chance from 0.33 to 0.8. Seed mutation chance now scales up to each plant's maximum radiation level.
  • "Unrefrigerated Food" notification now jumps to that food when clicked. (Only partially stale unrefrigerated food in storage will trigger the notification.)
  • Added sounds for Radbolt traveling and explosion
  • Added sounds for Duplicants reacting to radiation
  • Radiation limits and seed descriptions more accurately describe when a plant will mutate and whether it will drop seeds.
  • Reverted "Experimental: Allow temperature transfer of small ores less than 10 grams" as it was causing issues that need further investigation.

Fixes

• Radbolt Generator progress meter hookup. Restored Radbolt animation when more than 1/2 way to launch.
  • Fixed a crash where rockets and pads weren't correctly aware of each other during launch. This won't happen any further, but existing saves may require rebuilding the launchpad under the rocket before the rocket can successfully take off.
  • Fixed a scaling issue with the Arbor Tree where the art was blurry at certain stages of the grow cycle
  • Fixed issue that caused Cluster Style selection screen background to sometimes misalign
  • Fixed rockets disappearing when landing offscreen

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 3

:congratulatory:

"Farm Tiles and Hydroponic Tiles now allow corner access for delivery chores." :beguiled:

Some players would love to have arbor tree (seeds?) and pip`s in big Classic Terra DLC dear Klei :x:ghost::x

image.png.f56e99914fa36294fce7e56e6166c5eb.pngimage.png.ce20bed7cded6ea16d2c3c61dbaf4d5a.pngimage.png.d630bfea6c45fc6469d7ed651a04b14e.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, babba said:

:congratulatory:

"Farm Tiles and Hydroponic Tiles now allow corner access for delivery chores." :beguiled:

Some players would love to have arbor tree (seeds?) and pip`s in big Classic Terra DLC dear Klei :x:ghost::x

image.png.f56e99914fa36294fce7e56e6166c5eb.pngimage.png.ce20bed7cded6ea16d2c3c61dbaf4d5a.pngimage.png.d630bfea6c45fc6469d7ed651a04b14e.png

arent they on the neighboring radiation planet on big classic terra as well ...? you can wrangle them and then put them in the space ship and ship them back if they are... Its fair enough to want them on the initial starting asteroid though :butterfly:

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Lbphero said:

arent they on the neighboring radiation planet on big classic terra as well ...? you can wrangle them and then put them in the space ship and ship them back if they are... Its fair enough to want them on the initial starting asteroid though :butterfly:

nope, there is no such planet in a big terra start. This asteroid was removed to make terra bigger. 

it is 6 vs 7 asteroids but Klei forgot about pips and arbor trees to migrate to another place. Also Al volcano and ore are gone.

• Increased maximum seed mutation chance from 0.33 to 0.8. Seed mutation chance now scales up to each plant's maximum radiation level.

This sounds good. 80% chance at highest radiation level. Please clarify about "each plant's maximum radiation level"

is it counted when the seed is produced only while being harvested? So let's say the plant grows at zero radiation and when matured, it is bombarded with very high radiation, it will be withered but can still be harvested. A dup comes to harvest and it gets 80% chance to farm the mutated seed if a seed drops, correct?

if it is like that then "Varied the maximum amount of radiation each plant species can handle" does not make much difference. Players will try to bombard ready to be harvested plant with maximum amount of radiation which a dup (in the suit) can handle while harvesting the plant. 

Edited by KonfigSys
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

There's no aluminum volcano in base game

we are talking about Space out DLC here, particularly about the classic style=large Terra map.

By Ipsquiggle, 3 hours ago in [Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out!] - General Discussion

you do not necessary need Al in the vanilla game as you get fullerene but do not make it.

Edited by KonfigSys

3 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

we are talking about Space out DLC here, particularly about the classic style=large Terra map.

By Ipsquiggle, 3 hours ago in [Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out!] - General Discussion

you do not necessary need Al in the vanilla game as you get fullerene but do not make it.

yeah I was pointing out that since there's no aluminum volcano in base game there shouldn't be one on big terra start

Just now, n_t_p said:

yeah I was pointing out that since there's no aluminum volcano in base game there shouldn't be one on big terra start

some may want to have all resources including Al at the starting asteroid. Like you can get fullerene at the starting asteroid in the vanilla game. 

I am ok just to have it anywhere - on any asteroid but it should exist. Currently I extracted all graphite and realized that I cannot make fullerene and hence super coolant as there is no Al on my map (all asteroids). 

Also you can get unlimited Al ore from another planet in the vanilla map.

1 minute ago, KonfigSys said:

some may want to have all resources including Al at the starting asteroid. Like you can get fullerene at the starting asteroid in the vanilla game. 

I am ok just to have it anywhere - on any asteroid but it should exist. Currently I extracted all graphite and realized that I cannot make fullerene and hence super coolant as there is no Al on my map (all asteroids). 

Also you can get unlimited Al ore from another planet in the vanilla map.

Aluminum and pips not being in big terra start is obviously just an early access shortcoming. I'm sure it'll get added eventually. I'm glad we have actual new content to play though, I'd much rather have new content than reiterations of old content.

• Like 1

i usually get aluminum volcano on classic terra, sometimes 2.  it seems classic terra has a thing for single volcanoes/geysers, can't have more than 1 of a random geyser so no multiple metal volcanoes of the same flavor on the same asteroid.  meaning at max, you can only get 2 of a certain metal volcano

my current play through on classic terra has 2 aluminum, 2 gold. and 2 cobalt.  one of each on the 2 asteroids. V-SNDST-C-346889564-0 is the seed.  sulfur geysers aren't guaranteed on the classic terra start either which i've had a game where i didn't get a sulfur geyser.  absolutely no leaky oil or large volcanoes though, kinda miss them and then not really lol

i do debug in a pip/arbor tree in classic terra though

I like the geyser/volcano set-up on classic Terra. It is a bit like the base-game where you had to adapt to what you have, but you almost always had something that made things ok. Now you get a limited preview in addition, via the space map.

Of course, this is "builder mode" where you do not have any harsh survival challenges, but that is a nice mode to have IMO. I do look forward to get an "classic Oasisse start" and variants of the others from the base game in the future, but I can wait for them, no rush.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I like the geyser/volcano set-up on classic Terra. It is a bit like the base-game where you had to adapt to what you have, but you almost always had something that made things ok. Now you get a limited preview in addition, via the space map.

Of course, this is "builder mode" where you do not have any harsh survival challenges, but that is a nice mode to have IMO. I do look forward to get an "classic Oasisse start" and variants of the others from the base game in the future, but I can wait for them, no rush.

I really like the spawn resource overview by selecting the asteroids in the space map :p

18 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reverted "Experimental: Allow temperature transfer of small ores less than 10 grams" as it was causing issues that need further investigation.

I hope you get this fixed at somepoint ^^ Would be great.

• GL Happy 1

20 hours ago, Lbphero said:

If I remember correctly, forest biome starts have a single hatch egg buried somewhere within.  It would be nice if sandstone biome starts got a similar treatment with a pip egg and an arbor tree seed.

17 hours ago, melquiades said:

Do they have Geiger counters embedded in them? How can they "feel" radiation? xD

"Today is a lovely day, but Ive got this funny taste in my mouth. Mhhhh, wait a second. Honey, Strawberry...Mhhh, nah. Does it taste a bit like Banana :confused::confused::confused: Naaaaaaaa mhhh, ah...now I know - I think its a bit like Zirconium !"

image.thumb.png.c225501fe84954d3160e6d05698bfb12.png Zirconium 90 - Steam Room No2 @90dupes :afro:

Yummy Zirconium taste makes me think of the lovely ONi music :congratulatory::ghost:...

On 5/5/2021 at 3:07 AM, babba said:

Meanwhile I`m singing the nice ONi music, like for the couple yesterday in the Las Vegas quick-marry church:

Bedade di, didade du dudulu, de dedele. Dududu de delede, di dududu meh dedaleh !

Di di didade bedade di, didade du dudulu, de dedele. Du dudu de delede, di dududu meh dedaleh meh be be !

image.thumb.png.9c38dcc6df18d8baa067e823d4a63689.pngspongenutter.gifimage.png.edd271cfa434134d9f3a646d67f80d4a.png

image.png.4ef119e91497ae5f6d23b50d9d66bff8.pngpipewater.gifimage.png.61aba12db514f56619e4d4257c3f727a.pngcrazy99.gif

Rah ! Raaaaaaaaahhhhh ! Di di be meh de dedale bi de, meh bededalaeh !

The ONi Train Thread

Edited by babba