Play this game wayyy to much and my current save file is derped so I am coming up with some ideas in order to feed the addiction. 

- Aquatics Rec Centre

Late game Recreation Setup.  Needs advanced (space) materials perhaps?  SWIMSUIT DOCKS maybe needed to get in? DIVING BOARD is something you can add to the water tank.   Water Tank/Pool must be( X)Size and Containing (X) fluid/pressure to work and also temperature control would be needed.   Fits naturally with the hot tub/sauna already in game.  Could even have a toy rental station that need duplicant operation to work inside the rec room.  TOYS could be high end materials needed as well.

Unsure if a swimming mechanic would break the game as much as Jet packs do so maybe just duplicates treading water would work best.  Water wings/Inner-tube would be hilarious!!  Unsure how to make it a power sink other than temperature control/ filtration unit?

If swimming would work then you can also make an under water tech tree as well.  That water moonlet is huge. Imagine if it was only neutronium and water though.   Could do some explore/resource Grab/Underwater Farm or Ranching as well.  Farms could need (X) Pressure and filtration and maybe some combo of half water half land grotto effect.   Late game materials required.   Maybe even a SCUBA Station for the dupes as well.  Needs O2 supplied and maintenance.  Dupes can only swim so low without gear.  Hostile critters for water too.   Helpful to ranches or greenhouses though.  Like a shark that eats you if you show up to harvest your plants but also tends to your garden like a Grubgrub.

Love this game keep up the awesomeness Klei!

16 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

We already have something better, and its name is atmosuit.

Yes but I am thinking more along the lines of an underwater Jetpack. Where building ladders is unable.   Could even explore magma zones this way as well too with a SUBMARINE or something too!

9 minutes ago, hypoeffort said:

Yes but I am thinking more along the lines of an underwater Jetpack. Where building ladders is unable.   Could even explore magma zones this way as well too with a SUBMARINE or something too!

Nah. not worth it. It would have to be made of thermium or something. To the "hypothetical" situation where I somehow can't use ladders, jet suits. Would be cheaper and better than your "submarine".

The submarine would be more of a spaceship in a usable space type machine.  Not a suit. It would have an interior like the rocket modules.

Could be a way to get around a magma world without melting and yes therimium is a great idea to build it out of.   The whole point is what for and to what end?  Magma farm?

3 hours ago, hypoeffort said:

The submarine would be more of a spaceship in a usable space type machine.  Not a suit. It would have an interior like the rocket modules.

Could be a way to get around a magma world without melting and yes therimium is a great idea to build it out of.   The whole point is what for and to what end?  Magma farm?

Scuba divers, for tile diving + a submarine vehicle for deep diving = Lots of fun :congratulatory:

2 hours ago, AndreyKl said:

I don't see a need for submarine, but low maintenance 'Scuba' suits sounds interesting as long as such suits are paired with more things to do under water, like more aquatic life.

We already have the "poor man's atmosuit" on the game, and its name is oxygen mask. It's a really useful thing to have. The submarine idea is cool and all, but I don't see a reason to use it, like, why would someone use the submarine to explore magma?

The scuba suit would make the dupe swim though and not be walking on ladders/tiles.  Like a jet pack but under water/magma. Good for underwater farms/stable.

We can use the submarine for fishing and more recreation. 

On 5/19/2021 at 8:04 AM, hypoeffort said:

The scuba suit would make the dupe swim though and not be walking on ladders/tiles.  Like a jet pack but under water/magma. Good for underwater farms/stable.

I would so love this. I recently made an underwater relaxation movie, perhaps this can be some scuba inspiration :p

On 5/19/2021 at 3:04 AM, hypoeffort said:

Don't jet suits work underwater?

On 5/19/2021 at 3:04 AM, hypoeffort said:

Still don't get why we would need a scuba suit. You could argue that it would be useful for underwater farms, but underwater farms don't exist. Plants just drown and get uprooted. Unless you meant an underwater stable. Even so, why would you need a scuba suit when you have ladders. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

image.thumb.png.301783e10a5549841607e329e282ebd3.pngimage.thumb.png.71fa18c2a82fb9232367ca7b6d84d875.pngimage.png.4cbb576ca744a0dd2c20c4d7224db7ce.png

image.thumb.png.b6a940d50e140feaa5b7912107e9247c.pngimage.thumb.png.77001ca33864c18ed6c32eaa2d84d3ff.png

image.png.ad431889e615372c9e7de3d486cfdc32.pngimage.png.32939ade00c5cd04de0c75fb9a5fd236.pngimage.thumb.png.a3b2daabd88da07eaf2ee7e5eaa86a52.png

15 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

Still don't get why we would need a scuba suit. You could argue that it would be useful for underwater farms, but underwater farms don't exist. Plants just drown and get uprooted. Unless you meant an underwater stable. Even so, why would you need a scuba suit when you have ladders. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

image.png.45b823e842a1cea529962b2ce34deed2.png

image.png.66f08b3b0e354534390474bdecec8cf5.pngimage.thumb.png.167ca49db03dfa2a34f622aedfe4a20c.pngimage.png.3a1bf93e82c0c9111231d565817e6ffd.png

47 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

Back in the day, dupes couldn't go too far under water (presumably because of pressure), and there was no such thing as atmosuits.  But you're right, they'd be a bit redundant in the game as it's constituted today.

1 hour ago, TuxSam123 said:

Still don't get why we would need a scuba suit. You could argue that it would be useful for underwater farms, but underwater farms don't exist. Plants just drown and get uprooted.

There was an strictly underwater plant before (if I remember correctly reed fiber required to be submerged, no gas) and it was a very nice 'change of pace' in comparison to normal plants.

P.S. Personally I would like to have some underwater farming in the game. May be some kind of 'spreading' underwater plant...

24 minutes ago, goboking said:

Even so, why would you need a scuba suit when you have ladders. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Ladders take space, in case of reed fiber underwater farm you will need to sacrifice space to have ladders in between, which in turn means more liquid. But I do agree that suggestion is premature due to not having content to use scuba suit for.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

I have questions... How long did you search for that particular moment of clip and how did you find it? :D

Not long.  I scoured @watermelen671's thread and Google images for half an hour the other day, but it only took a minute to find Brothgar's video once I remembered it existed.

21 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

body_water_idle_default.png.16e93674d5e537ed903517d8ee7e5f1e.png

Just add small propellers on the sides and we got an underwater jet suit. The upside would be not requiring fuel to power it but maybe an internal battery or something.

Archived