Could Wilson and Wagstaff be the same person with time schenanigans?

I was having a discussion with my father today about Wagstaff. He saw the Wagstaff frames I printed out and he first asked if that was Wilson. 

I relooked up with the wiki: The Voxola factory burned in 1919, Wilson went to the Constant in 1921. Perhaps Wilson went back in time with a alias to hide his true identity?

Ah, classic bootstrap paradoxes, this means that Wagstaff invents the radio that leads to trapping his past self. Did Maxwell give Wagstaff the design?

Also also this does mean Wagstaff would have the know-how to build the portal we see in "Next of Kin" since he receives that knowledge as Wilson

I was already thinking about this theory a while back, and I really didn't get that far with it. If Wilson got these time-shifting abilities from somewhere, why did he not stop his past self from ever entering the Constant? Why didn't he save everybody? The only explanation would be, that he wanted to be in the constant (which is true for Wagstaff), or something good happened to him in there, that seemed worth all the trouble

I think their personalities are too far apart. Not to be rude, but Wagstaff is straight up evil, and he made a robot that is just as evil as him. Wilson may not be the sharpest, but he's a soft sweet guy. 

Like c'mon, he's not afraid to just call everything he finds adorable 'cute' at loud. Meanwhile Wagstaff only thinks about world domination.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Think about Jack Napier from Batman. One bad day is all it takes.

Who's Jack nap

Also I think Wilson already went through all the hells possible, considering the Canon. What else can happen to him that would break him? If getting mauled by a giant ice deer, then Bear, Goose, Bee (etc etc), getting sent to a lava fight arena temporarily, becoming connected to literal gods, and having to do the worst possible thing, which is working with other people didn't make him evil I don't know what caliber of trauma we expect

there was someone that made a theory thing somewhere and i dit say this

image.thumb.png.6ee0e2557b4726796938451fa67c4e14.png

alsol you where in there too and react like this

image.thumb.png.4cbb13ec760afb2c2ac481c72eb5c4ba.png

to this video

and the one that was talkin was goin on about how it is implied time travel of some sort so i mean wagstaff is not realy in there so there can be a way that hes both of those characters at the same time

20 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

there was someone that made a theory thing somewhere and i dit say this

It was me. I said it as a kinda joke but the main problem would be that Wilson has seen the power and destruction of the shadows, and would never try to abuse it after all he'd been through. 

EDIT: Here's the post: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/129050-my-theory-about-wagstaff/?tab=comments#comment-1449960

Archived