I can’t say I agree with everything you posted here op but the TL:DR of what I want from Webber

1-Ability to “Sleep inside” or “loot” Tier 2 or Above Spider Den like a Tent to downgrade it by a tier which lets him prevent them from over running base or having to base somewhere all by his loneliness.

2- Spider Dens created by Webber look less natural (he’s part boy, part spider..) they should look unprofessional and be easily distinguishable from natural spawning dens by having sticks & twigs sticking out of them and being slumped over or something. Any Spiders from a Webber created Den will be neutral to all characters unless playing PvP.

3- Webber can now recruit spiders, gather silk or healing items by simply walking up to a tier 2 or higher spider nest and interacting with it, this means he can drop monster meat into the nest to recruit a day time spider follower without hitting the nest and ticking off a whole army of spiders to come maul his face.

4- his silk from his beard can now be used as an emergency fuel source for fires if needed.

5- maybe rideable/tameable spider Queen.

oh and HATS ON SPIDERS! (This isn’t listed as #6 because if we don’t get this at this point Klei is just trolling us)

I'm not exactly sure what I do want, but what I definitely don't want is another short that doesn't reveal any lore about the character. One of the things I look towards the most in a new rework is the short that releases with it, and if Klei pulls another Woodie short with Webber's I'd honestly be pretty sad. 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

1-Ability to “Sleep inside” or “loot” Tier 2 or Above Spider Den like a Tent to downgrade it by a tier which lets him prevent them from over running base or having to base somewhere all by his loneliness.

2- Spider Dens created by Webber look less natural (he’s part boy, part spider..) they should look unprofessional and be easily distinguishable from natural spawning dens by having sticks & twigs sticking out of them and being slumped over or something. Any Spiders from a Webber created Den will be neutral to all characters unless playing PvP.

So... the Spider Coop, which would solve almost all of this without needing constant maintenance. Sleeping in a den is a maybe from me, just seems like an early tent, which Webber can already easily make. Its neat, but not really needed in my eyes.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

3- Webber can now recruit spiders, gather silk or healing items by simply walking up to a tier 2 or higher spider nest and interacting with it, this means he can drop monster meat into the nest to recruit a day time spider follower without hitting the nest and ticking off a whole army of spiders to come maul his face.

I do like this, having some way to draw out spiders without making them hostile would make things much easier. Especially in seasons like summer, where the days are very long, so spiders won't naturally come out for most of the day.

The gathering resources thing was also covered by the Spider Coop and silk harvesting structure, not sure how glands would get made though. They are the internal organs of spiders after all, so its hard to get one without some murder.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

4- his silk from his beard can now be used as an emergency fuel source for fires if needed.

Kind of surprised that silk can't be used as fuel, since spider eggs can. Would be useful for when you have way to much of it.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

5- maybe rideable/tameable spider Queen.

oh and HATS ON SPIDERS!

I also want these, they would be a nice bonus that would really make spiders so much better. Plus we already got Walter, so character specific mounts are certainly on the table.

8 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

I also want these, they would be a nice bonus that would really make spiders so much better. Plus we already got Walter, so character specific mounts are certainly on the table.

or off the table because it would make the value of one character go down for the sake of haha spider funny and/or spider queen is so slow wouldn't be worth it

It’s basically just a bunch of suggestions that make him a better Team Mate, currently Webber has to base away from everyone else in his own highly infested spider area to get the best uses out of playing him.. because Spiders maul anything that’s not Webber. 

let’s just cut to the chase- Spider hat is crap, it runs out of durability super fast and overall just isn’t a good tool to use for non-Webber players..

But a Webber who could walk into a over grown spider infestation and without combating a single spider downgrade them by sleeping in their dens or by simply commanding them to relocate away from his non-spider friends... now THAT would be power.

You would seek to have a Webber on your team to keep spider nests under control passively without having to do any combat at all.

I main Wendy... I’ll put all spiders on blend mode and they won’t be a problem,

Spoiler

1C608475-FB2D-4E76-81F4-F459E7C83F6E.thumb.jpeg.421f52de731bd17c91a11aa819b486fc.jpeg

but even I a Wendy main can see Webber’s faults- he has no control over nests becoming tier 3 and then spider queens that spells trouble for anyone who isn’t Webber or Wendy.

Sleeping in dens isn’t just “ooo free tent” it’s a way to passively control the size of spider farms.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s basically just a bunch of suggestions that make him a better Team Mate, currently Webber has to base away from everyone else in his own highly infested spider area to get the best uses out of playing him.. because Spiders maul anything that’s not Webber. 

let’s just cut to the chase- Spider hat is crap, it runs out of durability super fast and overall just isn’t a good tool to use for non-Webber players..

But a Webber who could walk into a over grown spider infestation and without combating a single spider downgrade them by sleeping in their dens or by simply commanding them to relocate away from his non-spider friends... now THAT would be power.

You would seek to have a Webber on your team to keep spider nests under control passively without having to do any combat at all.

I main Wendy... I’ll put all spiders on blend mode and they won’t be a problem,

Reveal hidden contents

1C608475-FB2D-4E76-81F4-F459E7C83F6E.thumb.jpeg.421f52de731bd17c91a11aa819b486fc.jpeg

but even I a Wendy main can see Webber’s faults- he has no control over nests becoming tier 3 and then spider queens that spells trouble for anyone who isn’t Webber or Wendy.

Sleeping in dens isn’t just “ooo free tent” it’s a way to passively control the size of spider farms.

to quote my own post,

An artificial "Spider Coop" would allow Webber to "domesticate" his spiders. This would make spiders spawned from them much more passive to players and their allies, like Chester or Abigale. They wont attack others without being attacked, like how they treat Webber.

Spider coop's could be upgraded with additional resources like regular dens, growing bigger and spawning more spiders, but it will never spawn a spider queen.

Webbers own artificial spider den, the Spider Coop, will never spawn a spider queen, so there's no need to micromanage natural dens when he can replace them with his own that does the same stuff and more.

If he made his own type of den, one that wont spawn a spider queen period, then he will never need to worry about controlling the den. naturally spawning dens will still be a danger, but they can be removed and replaced. the spider coop would cost a spider egg to make so there is little reason to not replace it unless you want a natural one, or you need a queen for whatever reason.

Plus, constantly downgrading dens doesn't seem like a good idea for the long term. You would have to constantly check every den and lower their level all the time, and if the Webber player is offline on a server, or is just busy somewhere else, then the dens will grow out of control with no one to stop it. Artificial dens not only spawn spiders that wont attack other players, but also will never spawn a queen, so there's no need to manage it. You can just leave it at max level with no consequences, since It wont spawn a queen, ever.

It solves nearly all his problems in one single craft, a craft he can make multiple of. If there's no queen, and there's no hostility from spiders, then that removes basically all the issues Webber has with team play. The only issue I could see is the web flooring slowing people down, but that's only an annoyance.

They probably wouldn't even attack walls unless told to.

9 hours ago, blacknight7890 said:

to quote my own post,

Webbers own artificial spider den, the Spider Coop, will never spawn a spider queen, so there's no need to micromanage natural dens when he can replace them with his own that does the same stuff and more.

If he made his own type of den, one that wont spawn a spider queen period, then he will never need to worry about controlling the den. naturally spawning dens will still be a danger, but they can be removed and replaced. the spider coop would cost a spider egg to make so there is little reason to not replace it unless you want a natural one, or you need a queen for whatever reason.

Plus, constantly downgrading dens doesn't seem like a good idea for the long term. You would have to constantly check every den and lower their level all the time, and if the Webber player is offline on a server, or is just busy somewhere else, then the dens will grow out of control with no one to stop it. Artificial dens not only spawn spiders that wont attack other players, but also will never spawn a queen, so there's no need to manage it. You can just leave it at max level with no consequences, since It wont spawn a queen, ever.

It solves nearly all his problems in one single craft, a craft he can make multiple of. If there's no queen, and there's no hostility from spiders, then that removes basically all the issues Webber has with team play. The only issue I could see is the web flooring slowing people down, but that's only an annoyance.

They probably wouldn't even attack walls unless told to.

Yes your idea does cover your own reccomended changes very well. But please dont repeat yourself too much. As per your own words: this thread is about what webber mains need. Like not auto attacking spiders but auto attacking pigs, having more combat capable spiders (however they decide to tackle that) Or having a way for spiders to not attack walls/friendlies. Suggestions on how to do it are fine, but please dont overpost about your idea

Great ideas, I love all of them:yaypigs:

Just wanna add some new idea of my own:

1. I hope we could change domesticated spiders be passive to walls. or Webber players would hard to have a walled-base (For most situation walls are just for a good look) with his spider friends. For now all spiders would attack wall.

2. I hope we could relocate all types of spiders' home, or just give a way to make artificial spider dens become un-ignitable (Maybe some type of stone-made?).

3. Maybe give Webber an ability to hide/rest/sleep in some special type spider dens for restore and avoid danger?

Anyway the most important point for Webber now, is reworked Wendy became a great substitution in most situation. I hope rework of Webber would give him some unique ability for both team and his own. 

At last, I'm especially love the idea of a ride-able queen, but it may seems a bit horror.. may we have skinned queen for riding just like skins for beefalo? Hmm.. still weird : /

But I still love this idea to make queen become a powerful ally for sheltering.

you know 1 thing to make webber alsol stronger would be to nerf the ghost simple as that realy if the ghost is not able to just stunlocks 100 spiders at the same time then it would propably be more fair for webber and actualy everyone else too since standing next to spiders and LITERALY be afk and just get rewardet by all spider loot and other small creatures that can be stunlocked whitout any need to take a risk so 1 thing i alsol kinda want to see is that ghost cant stunlock anymore

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

you know 1 thing to make webber alsol stronger would be to nerf the ghost simple as that realy if the ghost is not able to just stunlocks 100 spiders at the same time then it would propably be more fair for webber and actualy everyone else too since standing next to spiders and LITERALY be afk and just get rewardet by all spider loot and other small creatures that can be stunlocked whitout any need to take a risk so 1 thing i alsol kinda want to see is that ghost cant stunlock anymore

I honestly have no idea what your point is on this, because if you're asking to nerf Abigail/Ghosts just to make Webber stronger that's... What?

edit: also maybe it's just me but isn't it easier to just get away from the ghost? as far as i know they don't respawn once they leave

17 hours ago, Tuesday Pidgeon said:

I'm not exactly sure what I do want, but what I definitely don't want is another short that doesn't reveal any lore about the character. One of the things I look towards the most in a new rework is the short that releases with it, and if Klei pulls another Woodie short with Webber's I'd honestly be pretty sad. 

Woodie got more lore in Walter's short than his own.  With Webbers short I don't think it's going to be super cryptic but I doubt they'll show a child being eaten by a spider.

Most people aren’t going to like this suggestion- but I can really careless..

CE3E9208-374D-45F2-92AE-DAC7AFEE98DA.gif.05bb53f8f538427a7492ed7a0eb81ede.gif

Here you can clearly see spiders crawling on and fighting over their nests.. not only does this look visually pretty- but it’s something real spiders do.

So as for the suggestions about spiders not attacking walls.. instead of attacking them, they should be able to climb OVER Them 

(told you lots of people were going to hate the suggestion ;)

8 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Woodie got more lore in Walter's short than his own.  With Webbers short I don't think it's going to be super cryptic but I doubt they'll show a child being eaten by a spider.

You must have never watched cartoon networks flapjack.. pretty sure I’ve seen that child get eaten by many things during that cartoons lifetime.. and May I remind everyone that flapjack was a children’s cartoon. There was also courage the cowardly dog.. 

Klei probably is just too safe guarded on what is/isn’t appropriate for their 13+ rated game.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Most people aren’t going to like this suggestion- but I can really careless..

CE3E9208-374D-45F2-92AE-DAC7AFEE98DA.gif.05bb53f8f538427a7492ed7a0eb81ede.gif

Here you can clearly see spiders crawling on and fighting over their nests.. not only does this look visually pretty- but it’s something real spiders do.

So as for the suggestions about spiders not attacking walls.. instead of attacking them, they should be able to climb OVER Them 

(told you lots of people were going to hate the suggestion ;)

You must have never watched cartoon networks flapjack.. pretty sure I’ve seen that child get eaten by many things during that cartoons lifetime.. and May I remind everyone that flapjack was a children’s cartoon. There was also courage the cowardly dog.. 

Klei probably is just too safe guarded on what is/isn’t appropriate for their 13+ rated game.

I do agree with everything you said here.  And you are right about me never watching Flapjack,  I did watch Courage the cowardly dog though.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think its a fantastic idea, my main goal wasnt to make spiderproof walls, it was to prevent my walls from being destroyed regularly for no reason, my only problem is the animation, maybe a jump would look better?

2 hours ago, blacknight7890 said:

... ah ... crap.

Yah your right, I'll chill out.

Thank you, your idea is solid, but there are quite a few good ideas so theres no reason to push one too hard :)

Archived