Who Do You Think the Most Powerful Character Is, Lore Wise?

Most Powerful Lore Wise.  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the strongest lore wise?

• Wilson.
    • Willow.
    • Wolfgang.
    • Wendy.
    • WX-78.
    • Wickerbottom.
    • Woodie.
    • Wes.
    • Maxwell.
    • Wigfrid.
    • Webber.
    • Winona.
    • Warly.
    • Wortox.
    • Wormwood.
    • Wurt.
    • Walter.

like.. in raw strength? because then it'd be wolfgang, right? do the survivors get to prepare equipment like walter's slingshot or maxwell creating a dark sword? is wurt boosted by the merm king? does wendy include abigail? aaargh so many questions! in raw strength, i'd say wolf, with prep to make equipment i'd say wigfrid, with time to create equipment, structures, and obtain followers.. maybe wurt, since she'd have her merm army?

Spoiler

goodman.thumb.PNG.19e331fdc37ca5b1fb9bb15e22e54fe0.PNG

WOLFGANG NUMERO UNO

Depends on the definition of strength, really. Physically its definitely Wolfgang/WX-78 but with the range of powers other survivors have you could argue for anyone you wanted. Lore-wise, I'd say Wickerbottom or Willow, but we haven't gotten Wickerbottom's lore yet so going off of her books it's likely she has a similar level of power to Maxwell without being weakened by it. Willow, on the other hand, is heavily implied to have pyrokinetic abilities with her in base DS being able to start fires out of nowhere, and Bernie being the only power able to fend off/distract shadow creatures directly. Maxwell used to be the strongest before Adventure Mode, but after his abilities with the Codex are likely pretty limited and he's frail compared to Wickerbottom.

Abigail is a ghost and would probably translate to having more supernatural powers in the lore. 

The characters also seem far more frail in the shorts. Wolfgang is impacted far more by his natural fears and would probably run away from a single spider.

Abigail can levitate a rock and drop it to kill the weaker character likes wes, wicker and webber.

She can posses the semi strong characters and place them in harms way.

She can probably posses Wx-78 and make him jump into a pond.

She can fly. She can levitate characters and drop them to their deaths. 

The other character's attacks might even go through her outside of gameplay balance.

Wendy is merciless and wont hesitate to gouge a couple necks with a razor. Abi can hold them down for her to do so.

Edit: Wait is this a battle to death or did I jump the gun? If its pve and not pvp then it has to be Woodie.

His transformation are very powerful. We a see a moose Woodie topple a treeguard and defeat it no prob. The other characters on the other hand are very afraid of them.

I have 3 candidates:

1. WX-78: He is a robot, and robots can be super deadly.

2: Maxwell: He can wield and command shadows it seems, and I wouldn't want to mess with him. Definitely most powerful human character.

3: Wortox: He can travel through space and time, and steal the life others. Not to mention his quotes imply that he knows everything about the Constant, like Maxwell, and could actually be immortal in a lore-sense.

I would rule out Wolfgang and Wigfrid because it is how powerful the characters are lore wise, not strongest. Plus they both have their own weaknesses, and I don't think brute strength would win over shadow powers or soul-stealing imps.

Assuming Maxwell has the capability of tapping into the codex properly he could overpower any character since we don't know the limit of the codex' power.  It could possibly be the most powerful item at the survivors disposal,  even if it isn't the codex umbra is still very powerful.

I might be wrong here, but canonically (outside of in-game balancing), isn't Wortox capable of stealing souls with the mere touch of his hands? Plenty of his quotes suggest his hands are cursed and that he advises other characters and mobs to not touch them, lest they suffer the same fate as Krampus. All Wortox would have to do is give the other survivors a firm handshake and he'd effectively one-shot them. This also isn't even taking into account that he can travel interdimensionally, making him the only survivor not bound to the Constant.

The obvious exception to this is WX-78, who lacks a soul. In that case, Wortox can just dump a bucket of water on them.

In my opinion, the only other survivor that comes remotely close is Maxwell, since we don't know the full extent of what the Codex can do canonically. But I feel like the fact that Wortox is only in the Constant specifically because he's bored and finds the survivors' antics funny is proof enough that he's far above much of what's going on.

If we are discussing the lore... I thought Wortox and Wurt weren't cannon. 

As for Wx-78 they are an exploration robot. There is nothing to imply he has super human strength. You can probably wait for a storm and watch them short circuit.

Maxwell is very frail and canonically as of now can only produce shadow puppets. 

You guys are underestimating the goth girl that can go up to you crying for help. Then stab you in the back when you arent looking. 

Edit: And Woodie who can trample anyone. 

If Wortox is eligible than I think he would have the hardest time out of everyone to bring harm to others. Mental power has to be considered too, and what someone can do when cornered and about to die. Wortox puts on a tough guy act but he's as cruel as you may suspect.

14 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I think people are misinterpreting what Klei said about these two characters. They never said that the characters themselves weren't canon, rather that they don't play a role in the overall story of the Constant.

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Wait, what? Why wouldn't they be canon? They have animated shorts featuring the other survivors, appear alongside them in comic and promotional strips, and both have connections to the world, with Wortox entering through the Ancient Gateway and Wurt being one of the Constant's natives. The only difference they have is that they're DLC, but I find that to be a rather huge leap to assume they aren't anymore a part of the world as the others simply because you have to pay for them, especially since Klei has never stated them to be non-canon to my knowledge. 

2 minutes ago, TheMelonNinja said:

Wait, what? Why wouldn't they be canon? They have animated shorts featuring the other survivors, appear alongside them in comic and promotional strips, and both have connections to the world, with Wortox entering through the Ancient Gateway and Wurt being one of the Constant's natives. The only difference they have is that they're DLC, but I find that to be a rather huge leap to assume they aren't anymore a part of the world as the others simply because you have to pay for them, especially since Klei has never stated them to be non-canon to my knowledge. 

Oh no that's not my reasoning. I have heard a couple people say that they are not cannon based on a comment made by klei? Idk.

If it isn't true than I have edited my comment on why I think Wortox is being overestimated. He is mentally unprepared and has a hard time grasping his own destructive capabilities. 

well lets se

wilson dit made some machinerys like the boat scince machine its literaly his own creation as well i think the telltale heart was alsol 1 of wilsons ideas like he made something that can bring back the life

willow is imune to fire and bein save from all fires means you kinda have less to worry about as well that giant big teddy bear is alsol there to make a punch

wolfgang is big and strong but he does have fear of pretty much anything and to become strong he needs to eat eat and eat and even then even if hes strong and could handle most fearsome creatures he still is scared of anything

wendy well she would just like to die but something just stops her to just kill herself for some reasons as well she has a weaker punch then others even if she seems to want to kill others she seems to just hold back or why does she have less damage?

wx if no gears have been eaten its just a rusty wilson that wants to kill all life whit gears he is a machine that may kill all life but in the end he seems to need it i mean if he destroys all organic things then he pretty much destroys himself because whit no organic things left there is nothing to eat to refuel himself so his plans are backwards realy

wicker seems to be a very knowlege its literaly knowlege is power for her and may know more about the constand then others not only that she may be a witch whit all her books that can create lightin birds or even tentacles and can manipulate plants and can put others to sleep not only that in shipwreck can make a book to even make a volcano erupt

woodie may first seem to be a normal wood cutter whit a talkin axe but then if full moon comes he transform into differend creatures and can even make things to force a transformation not only that he may found out about the moons secrets and then got cursed by it because he knew to much about them

wes wes most unlucky thing in the world

maxwell while he was on the throne he created most things in the constand so he dit manipulated the world and as well he knows much about the world and how it works not only that he can create copys of himself to protect and do tasks for him

wigfrid is a person that got too much into the role of a valkure she literaly his now that its not even a role its her life and she seems to take the power of that she may not even know what she was not only that she gets only stronger from fightin and somehow those songs seems to have some magic on them

webber may only survive because of the spider it kinda seems like they both take advantake of each other the spider helps webber and webber helps the spider and the fact that spiders are everywhere and maybe webber before he bacem 2 just liked spiders in general and so would not be able to survive in the constant since the spiders have no reasons to talk but that one spider that is now part of webber seems to understand more then most and so they help each other help to help eachother and who knows what that may end up

winona ahm she has some machines that throw rocks and can build faster and knows how to repair things

warly literaly cooks whit bones and just that fills you up whit some bones not only that he can make food that switches your health whit your mental condition as well as something that just removes anything that is wet from your body and then we got a jelly that somehow gives you electro powers and then we got those spices that makes you stronger more resistend whit gettin hit make you work faster and even his salt makes things more healthy but the only thing he dont like is not prepared food no matter how good it is

wortox is a demon that can take the souls of others that died near him eats them teleports whit them or even uses the souls to heal the group and dont forget he his not actualy traped in the constand he can actualy travel freely and alsol may know more about the world then most but then he seems to not even care what happens he just watch watch how it will end and dont tell anyone else whats up next

wormwood is a gem from the moon that some plants around it creating life and maybe wormwood is just like a spy for the moon but the plants just made the gem forgot what hes souposed to do and now trys to find friends and is clearly not realy able to sourvive on his own

wurt may seem like a child but then the merms where there even before maxwell and a 4 yearold in human years could mean 30 years for merms and wurt is there for the merms to learn more for her kind to learn about all differend life maybe not only that she has plans for her kind to make them an actual force of the constand i mean the merms dont get scared from some of those bosses special scare attacks if the mermking is there they take strength of there king a reason to fight for there kind so that one day they are the rulers of the constand even wurt takes strength from the king and fights for her people and may have more plans for her own people and just uses the trust of the others to learn more

walter just dont see the dangers of the world he realy just sees the world be a playfull wonder world if anything hes more imune of the nightmares then anyone else his dog seems to actualy protect him from the dangers of the world because walter dont sees them thanks to the dog he actualy survived but gettin hurt may just seem to see the true nature of the world but that goes away if he is healed up again

so whit all this says it all why 1 person may be the most powerfull one  or why someone is not

42 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

If it isn't true than I have edited my comment on why I think Wortox is being overestimated. He is mentally unprepared and has a hard time grasping his own destructive capabilities. 

Good point. I do think that Wortox seems to actually seem a bit scared of his own abilities, similar to how Wolfgang may seem really strong but is scared of everything. However, even if you do take out his soul-stealing abilities, I think he is still far above the others simply due to the fact that he isn't trapped in the Constant and knows pretty much everything about it. 

2 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Good point. I do think that Wortox seems to actually seem a bit scared of his own abilities, similar to how Wolfgang may seem really strong but is scared of everything. However, even if you do take out his soul-stealing abilities, I think he is still far above the others simply due to the fact that he isn't trapped in the Constant and knows pretty much everything about it. 

Hes not native to the constant though. Remember that when he inspects the gate he says there is a dimension full of his kind. He was under an apprenticeship with a krampus before the incident happened.

He is still fairly young so it all depends on when that incident occured and how many times he had visited the constant previously. He interacts with the characters so they may have actually had been there longer, its unclear. His has a bit on insider knowledge but I think that can be attribute to learning from the older Krampus.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wicker knew enough about how to force woodie to transform so I’m voting for her.

You're right, I forgot about that. Wicker knows a fair deal about how each survivor's perk function and can probably devise good countermeasures if given enough prep time. 

Given her old age though, she is probably the most frail and physically gimped characters. Even Wes can probably outpace her stamina wise.

Well I mean unless they refresh her to be more of a frail old librarian I was always under the impression that Wickerbottom had Merlin level magical skills, I mean she can summon lightning strikes at command, instantly grow foods, and spawn tentacles from out of nowhere... 

Im pretty sure anyone with Merlin level magic knows a youth spell or something equivalent to it in power.

34 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

So you’re saying that a random Krampus knew all about the ruins, the ancients, and Them?

Yeah. To me the Wortox trailer kinda showed me that the Krampus are far more intelligent than we give them credit for.  The whole race of imps seems to have been enslaved by them, so yeah, they all have some insider knowledge. 

Think back to the race in the forge and how they knew of Them. They too served Them and had close communication at some point.

I've always found Wortox to be annoying in this aspect. He feels like a forced 'overpowerd' character. Y'know like those dumb tv/anime tropes where the main character is kinda weak but their friend is super powerful and simply likes to hang around the main character.

Wortox in dst feels like that. He just goes around somehow knowing all the lore and being more experienced with Codex Umbra than Maxwell, who had an eternity to study it.

Idk, I just don't like that and I have my own headcanons that justify me not picking Wortox in this poll.

Archived