Wiki inaccurate.

(Wiki moderator here) We don't have a discord for the wiki, but if you can't edit something yourself it is helpful to leave a comment on the page in question. For right now I think that may be the quickest way for an editor to see it. Talk pages can work too, I think those were recently added back in when Fandom did their big upgrade a bit back.

21 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

(Wiki moderator here) We don't have a discord for the wiki, but if you can't edit something yourself it is helpful to leave a comment on the page in question. For right now I think that may be the quickest way for an editor to see it. Talk pages can work too, I think those were recently added back in when Fandom did their big upgrade a bit back.

Have you considered getting a discord for the wiki ...? Seems like it would make it easier to correct certain stuff...

8 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

Have you considered getting a discord for the wiki ...? Seems like it would make it easier to correct certain stuff...

There are not a lot of active staff right now, and some of us who are (like me) have way too busy lives to include creating/running a discord server. I personally don't think it's necessary when there are plenty of places on the wiki itself to communicate. But that's just me!

I used to edit for the wiki back in the day and let me tell you, there were a lot of inaccuracies. I wanted to correct them, and put in quite a bit of time doing so. I later became an admin and bureaucrat because of all the work I put in. Eventually, I just kinda stopped. :/

What I am getting at is that you can edit the wiki and help to fix it for other people like I did. I cared about the game, and wanted to help people better understand it. While some pages are locked, you can always just contact an active admin about it or leave a comment on the page in question.

23 hours ago, Lbphero said:

It would make the most sense to create a channel for the wiki on the already existing Discord server. Much more visibility and involvement that way. No need to split things up.

And/or a a thread for wiki issues on here.

3 minutes ago, Blue Three said:

It would make the most sense to create a channel for the wiki on the already existing Discord server. Much more visibility and involvement that way. No need to split things up.

And/or a a thread for wiki issues on here.

it would be ... so messy and so many people would come into the server without intentions of doing anything with the wiki ...

"no need to split things up" is a large reason why the wiki is so messy now ...

I don’t want to create a new thread for this so I’ll just put it here. Does anyone know if there’s a future possibility that Don’t Starve Together would be split off into a separate wiki?

I imagine this is a lot more work than I imagine but I think this needs to be done more and more.

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

I don’t want to create a new thread for this so I’ll just put it here. Does anyone know if there’s a future possibility that Don’t Starve Together would be split off into a separate wiki?

I imagine this is a lot more work than I imagine but I think this needs to be done more and more.

I don't think a whole separate wiki would be the best option. There are other ways to better differentiate the information on the same wiki, at least in my opinion. It's just a matter of finding one that works out and that everyone agrees upon.

There's already enough in our to do lists to put a big project like this on the backburner. It's something I'm always thinking about, though.

I think it made sense back when dst was thought to be just a multiplayer mode and not a whole game to have dst stuff on the ds wiki. Now that characters are getting refreshes and the moon and ocean stuff is happening it feels more and more right to split them, HOWEVER, it really isnt that easy. We'd need a consensus first off, and there are concerns of affecting seo, and a bunch of other stuff I cant think of rn.

But yeah, we need to better differentiate these games

Archived