The Moon is watching (literally)

Hey! I was going trough the update and i noticed something interesting.I looked trough the forum and couldn´t find someone adressing this so,here we go:
When the storm event starts,both the Moon icon and the Moon dial show the Eye of the Moon wandering around.Looks like we have awaken the Moon being from its slumber or just really enraged it.
(sorry for the poor quality of the picture,but you know,MS paint)

oko.png

Yeah, I noticed that. But do you know what else I've noticed? The fact that after you defeat the Champ, the moon will change yet again the crack is gone, its overall texture and color is different, and there is a little spark on it. Seems like Alter really didn't like what we did

image.png.62e67e1256fbf7a5392de63cd4a2d136.png

Just now, DaZoul said:

I uhh don't see how you got Wormwood into this

Once the moon cracked, Wormwood fell from the moon. The moon's crack has been there since the start of the arc. Now that after you defeat the champion, the moon fixes itself. Yet Wormwood is left unhurt.

21 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Once the moon cracked, Wormwood fell from the moon. The moon's crack has been there since the start of the arc. Now that after you defeat the champion, the moon fixes itself. Yet Wormwood is left unhurt.

After reviewing the Lunar Roots short, the moon was still whole when Wormwood fell into Hamlet, and thus was subsequently born. While he was added after the crack was made into the moon, chronologically, he was still dropped before all the moon shenanigan's started happening.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

I thought wormwood's birth and the crash of the giant piece of land were connected?

wormwood is a greem gem (based on his quote) that "rain" from the moon and based in the metheus murals, seems like it is a "common thing" because the ancients get their gems in the surface and later bring them underground so i think that wormwood birth was an extraordinary event made by an ordinary one

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I thought wormwood's birth and the crash of the giant piece of land were connected?

well, yes, they were kind of, and I love it. Because you see, Wormwood is a biblical entity, a falling star, that came bearing the news of the Apocalypse. Now, one could think that the apocalypse in question is the Aporkalypse, since Wormy is from Hamlet originally, but I actually think that him falling down is actually a warning about the Moon's clumsiness when it comes to dropping things

On 4/18/2021 at 4:17 AM, DaZoul said:

Yeah, I noticed that. But do you know what else I've noticed? The fact that after you defeat the Champ, the moon will change yet again the crack is gone, its overall texture and color is different, and there is a little spark on it. Seems like Alter really didn't like what we did

image.png.62e67e1256fbf7a5392de63cd4a2d136.png

Just went and looked for myself, seems Scypham's theory on the Moon being named Alter isn't far off, seeing as how it's called Alter here, though slightly offtopic.

But you're right, once you kill the Champion the Moon closes and the eye glasses over!
Altereveal.gif.53cd904e5baa152eac3b48c62f041ef0.gifAlterHide.gif.e55d29e69dc7a8adccb1adb7291b0794.gif

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Just went and looked for myself, seems Scypham's theory on the Moon being named Alter isn't far off, seeing as how it's called Alter here, though slightly offtopic.

But you're right, once you kill the Champion the Moon closes and the eye glasses over!
Altereveal.gif.53cd904e5baa152eac3b48c62f041ef0.gifAlterHide.gif.e55d29e69dc7a8adccb1adb7291b0794.gif

Niiiiiice. Now I just wonder what that litte electric bolt is.

Archived