Wigfrid's Attitude Towards Gardening

I'd love it if Wigfrid's lines when tending to crops could get a rework (ie. an attitude adjustment).

While the current dialogue seems inline with her character, the hostile demeanor said lines reflect are difficult to appreciate. As someone who has been a Wigfrid main since EA, I never gravitated towards gardening in DST. While the rework has made gardening quite appealing, I tend stick to aspects of the game our ginger performance artist excels in. That said, I'm not one to shirk away from contributing to a camp's crop cultivation and will always help in tending to crops whenever I walk by a garden. It would be nice to be able to do so without Wigfrid being such a downer about it though.

There's certainly no shortage of lines Wigfrid could utter that would remain in-character for her, but with a more positive spin. How about "May yöu gröw ströng and fierce like me!" or a more on-the-nose "Even meatballs are better with a side öf carröts." Heck, maybe add in some references from Norse mythology with a "May Freyja prötect yöu!" 

I'm certain the talented and twisted minds at Klei are capable of coming up with a Valkyrie who has a more optimistic view of the fillers her recipes require.

Im all for this, I'm a wig main too and any time I tend to crops she complains nonstop and has such a negative outlook towards everything to do with farming. 

All those veggies are valuable filler or even create powerful spices for me to use in battle. 

I get she hates veggies but she shouldn't hate gardening/tending to crops so much... 

I think the worst quote from her is grow or do not grow I do not care. Be quiet Wig we most definitely do care if all our crops grow or not >=(!

She's entirely repulsed by vegetables. Doesn't just dislike them, we're talking a grown woman throws a temper tantrum with an enraged expression if the mere idea of eating one comes up. I'm sure if you hated them to that extent, you'd value their importance somewhere in the negatives as well. That being said, I actually would've preferred Wigfrid to have comments on farming showing pure disgust, rather than a kind of "I don't really care if this grows or not" attitude. I would genuinely prefer her to visibly despise the process of farming, as it also hints towards players that, hey, if you're Wigfrid, and you're farming, maybe you're doing something wrong. Your skills are best spent elsewhere, usually.

Sure, but that doesn't mean she can't have some sort of character growth or simply have gardening as something she breaks character for, like she does when entering/leaving light. Like I mentioned in my first post, I understand the reasoning for her current dialogue choices relating to farming but I still think there is room for improvement and I'd really like for those quotes to be changed.

2 hours ago, Auth said:

She's entirely repulsed by vegetables. Doesn't just dislike them, we're talking a grown woman throws a temper tantrum with an enraged expression if the mere idea of eating one comes up. I'm sure if you hated them to that extent, you'd value their importance somewhere in the negatives as well. That being said, I actually would've preferred Wigfrid to have comments on farming showing pure disgust, rather than a kind of "I don't really care if this grows or not" attitude. I would genuinely prefer her to visibly despise the process of farming, as it also hints towards players that, hey, if you're Wigfrid, and you're farming, maybe you're doing something wrong. Your skills are best spent elsewhere, usually.

i love the idea of her throwing a tantrum if you make her do the weeding x''D it would be quite hilarious

9 hours ago, Auth said:

She should just impale herself with her own spear if you force her to farm for too long lol.

the fewer times she breaks character, the better. What made me fall in love with wigfrid was actually in shipwrecked. I was in the volcano farming dragoon hearts and I was just living off nothing except for their meat. I probably couldn't have done it with any other character and it was just so badass fighting for days on end eating nothing except meat that would kill every other character.

If she would rather eat a poisoned steak than a potato that could save her life, it would betray her efforts to this. I'd rather her not break character, instead, lean more into the norse mythology angle and usurp thor and take his chariot with 2 goats.

Perhaps then, she could comment on vegetables being good for them and not her.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:53 PM, Kahrkura said:

Sure, but that doesn't mean she can't have some sort of character growth

She's too darn of a nut that's hard to crack when she's in her performance, tbh would be too out of character for her to actually like gardening. Unless Klei adds more flowers to garden then maybe she could see it differently than just veggie lel

Archived