Jump to content

FPS Drops? Anything is helping me...


Recommended Posts

Yo guys!

I have slight stuttering, and fps drops in game.
Especially while taking item from inventory, putting it into inventory, and eating something in a row. And also rotating camera.
But stuttering is random. It is really, really annoying. It is dropping from smooth 60 to 58-59 FPS and it has stutter. But while eating or changing inventory it's going to 45-55 FPS...
I have this specs:
i5-10300H
GTX1650Ti
16GB RAM

So my mod list (I've tried to disable, but it has minimal impact):
Client:
- Boss Indicators
- Combined Status
- Craft Pot
- Geometric Placement
- The Verdant HUD Mod
- Wormhole Icons [Fixed]

And Server (I am host):
- [API] Gem Core
- Automatic Health Adjust
- Better Boomerang
- Better Ice Flingomatic
- Display food values
- Extra Equip Slots
- Finder Mod
- Global Pause
- Global Positions
- Health Info
- No Thermal Stone Durability
- Your skeleton respawn

Things i've tried so far:
Setting DST to run on iGPU (But that was even worse)
Setting in Nvidia Control Panel Vsync off and tripple buffering on (also power plan to maximum performance)
Steam Game Launch Options: -threaded_render -high
It is doing that bad in fulscreen and windowed mode

Do you have any ideas guys?
If i did this in wrong topic, please move this thread...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MuffinDemon Get rid of Display Food Values; it's known for FPS drops.

If that doesn't solve your issue, try disabling all of your mods (in a fresh world if you need to) and see if you are facing the issue again.

If that doesn't work, then I'll recommend some settings for the NVIDIA GPU (I just need to find it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

@MuffinDemon Get rid of Display Food Values; it's known for FPS drops.

If that doesn't solve your issue, try disabling all of your mods (in a fresh world if you need to) and see if you are facing the issue again.

If that doesn't work, then I'll recommend some settings for the NVIDIA GPU (I just need to find it).

DFV is really cool mod. I'll try that. But just in case: is there any replacement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MuffinDemon said:

Display food values

 

13 hours ago, MuffinDemon said:

Health Info

this two mod make u lose fps . try changing both of em using show me or insight .

edit : smh did i just summary all those answer lmao 
should have see other comment :p  before i answer XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a side note, it's best not to use more than 1 information mod at a time. For client information mods, they have higher FPS costs than a server version and screw up component action syncing, leaving a crash timebomb waiting to explode. They don't really have any perks beyond using them in servers that don't have a server information mod. 

 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Notecja said:

I'm hurting myself in confusion. 

Here, have a Persim Berry.

300?cb=20190612105049

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, MuffinDemon said:

Yo guys!

I have slight stuttering, and fps drops in game.
Especially while taking item from inventory, putting it into inventory, and eating something in a row. And also rotating camera.
But stuttering is random. It is really, really annoying. It is dropping from smooth 60 to 58-59 FPS and it has stutter. But while eating or changing inventory it's going to 45-55 FPS...
I have this specs:
i5-10300H
GTX1650Ti
16GB RAM

So my mod list (I've tried to disable, but it has minimal impact):
Client:
- Boss Indicators
- Combined Status
- Craft Pot
- Geometric Placement
- The Verdant HUD Mod
- Wormhole Icons [Fixed]

And Server (I am host):
- [API] Gem Core
- Automatic Health Adjust
- Better Boomerang
- Better Ice Flingomatic
- Display food values
- Extra Equip Slots
- Finder Mod
- Global Pause
- Global Positions
- Health Info
- No Thermal Stone Durability
- Your skeleton respawn

Things i've tried so far:
Setting DST to run on iGPU (But that was even worse)
Setting in Nvidia Control Panel Vsync off and tripple buffering on (also power plan to maximum performance)
Steam Game Launch Options: -threaded_render -high
It is doing that bad in fulscreen and windowed mode

Do you have any ideas guys?
If i did this in wrong topic, please move this thread...

Gonna be honest though I don't really know what's causing that, maybe Verdant HUD has some issues (since you say its inventory related)?
Try disabling the mods one by one until suddenly your game runs fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey!
I've disabled some mods, and i have chosen Insight as info mod.
So my actual mod list it here:
Client:
- Combined Status
- Craft Pot
- Geometric Placement
- Wormhole Icons [Fixed]

Server (I am still host):
- [API] Gem Core
- Automatic Health Adjust
- Backpack Slot
- Better Ice Flingomatic
- Global Pause
- Global Positions
- Insight
- No Thermal Stone Durability
- Your skeleton Respawn

So that big FPS drop has gone.
But there sitll is that little annoying stuttering. It drops from smooth 60 to 58-59 FPS, but it happens often.

Do you have any more ideas for this? :<

Edit.
I've tried to disable all of my mods, and that gave me nothing.
Still that little annoying drops...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, MuffinDemon said:

Hey!
I've disabled some mods, and i have chosen Insight as info mod.
So my actual mod list it here:
Client:
- Combined Status
- Craft Pot
- Geometric Placement
- Wormhole Icons [Fixed]

Server (I am still host):
- [API] Gem Core
- Automatic Health Adjust
- Backpack Slot
- Better Ice Flingomatic
- Global Pause
- Global Positions
- Insight
- No Thermal Stone Durability
- Your skeleton Respawn

So that big FPS drop has gone.
But there sitll is that little annoying stuttering. It drops from smooth 60 to 58-59 FPS, but it happens often.

Do you have any more ideas for this? :<

Edit.
I've tried to disable all of my mods, and that gave me nothing.
Still that little annoying drops...

Hey,about geometric placement,did you modify anything within the mod?
maybe the speed at which everything updates? cause i tried it once and it indeed caused big fps drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MuffinDemon said:

So that big FPS drop has gone.
But there sitll is that little annoying stuttering. It drops from smooth 60 to 58-59 FPS, but it happens often.

Do you have any more ideas for this? :<

Edit.
I've tried to disable all of my mods, and that gave me nothing.
Still that little annoying drops...

This is normal game behaviour for me playing vanilla. It largely depends on how many entities exist on your client. The more things you can see = the more your FPS drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

If you were using Display Food Values, I would recommend going to 0, 0, 0 on your map, as there is probably lots of rot from all the stuff it spawns, and gathering/deleting them, which should resolve your problems.

I will try this one if you can give me advice how to do it.
(And not drown in the ocean)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was indeed spoiled food... But only 4 of it. So it isn't it.
I'm loosing hope to get rid of that stutter :(

Edit.
In a brand new world is the same situation
FPS Drops from 60 to 59,58 sometimes to 57.
That doesn't make the game unplayable, but it is really annoying
:(

I've read  half of the internet, and i didn't found the answer to my problem...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

@MuffinDemon Your stutter looks like this?

Nah. That's looks like you have turned off lag prediction or something
Edit. Or maybe a little bit? But i cannot say 100% because you don't even have 60 frames most of the time, and vid is 30fps...

Mine looks more fps related. Not ping, or lag...
I'll try to record it when I will be at home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Your stutter looks like this?

I have micro-stuttering almost identical (but it's a little more noticeable)  to this which happens randomly with out without mods. Do you know a fix for it by any chance?

The only way I know how to fix the stutter is when I don't play in fullscreen and lower the window size of DST to not take up the entire screen and that makes the game really ugly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey!

I've read somewhere to disable core 0 in task manager in DST process.
And you know what?
That actually works. Stutter is gone/less noticable/less common. 
One disadvantage is that i have change this everytime I am starting game :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...