FPS Drops? Anything is helping me...

@--- -.- I'll be honest, I was just able to return my laptop cause of how bad it would get. I've got no fix for it. 

Best advice I can give is update your graphic drivers, maybe even the version of your OS, maybe get rid of Geforce Experience or tried what MuffinDemon said. I ultimately think it was an issue with the laptop cause all I did was buy the same graphics card and slapped that on my old PC with a significantly slower CPU and I've had no issues since. 

Ah, dang that sucks lol

me and my brother both have the same stutter when playing DST and he has an AMD gpu and I have NVIDIA both pcs are up to date mine being win7 and his win10 and since we both have the problem it's probably not an issue with the pcs... I dream of the day DST will run as smooth as DS did if ever lol

All these things was temporary.
Like in the topic.
Anything can help me. Like WTF. I have very good specs, and i can't play in smooth 60 frames per second?
Klei, really wtf.
I've dig hundreds of posts on other forums, watched videos, and nothing is changing situation.
Please be that kind, and make something with your game to be more stable.
I can play AAA games on high video setting with smooth gameplay, and 2d game is stuttering. WTF.

45 minutes ago, MuffinDemon said:

Like in the topic.
Anything can help me. Like WTF. I have very good specs, and i can't play in smooth 60 frames per second?
Klei, really wtf.
I've dig hundreds of posts on other forums, watched videos, and nothing is changing situation.
I can play AAA games on high video setting with smooth gameplay, and 2d game is stuttering. WTF.

I would think that a 2 FPS drop is not noticeable.
That being said, there are very significant differences between "AAA games" and a "2d game".

Most notably being the language the DST uses, Lua, as well as the development style they chose, entity and components.
Back near the creation of DS, the developers made a decision to use Lua instead of the previous approach they took for a game they made before.
I can't find the video where they talked about it, but it's on YouTube somewhere.
The general gist is that by using Lua, they make development easier and working with the game much easier. This additionally makes modding a lot easier. The cost of using Lua is performance.

They could have chosen a different way of making DS/T, perhaps a similar methodology to AAA games, but you probably wouldn't have any mods to play with, and updates or hotfixes would most likely take a lot longer to do.

2 hours ago, MuffinDemon said:

Like in the topic.
Klei, really wtf.

Maybe isnt the game but the amount of mods

I only experience bad fps when there is a lot of entities with pathfinding or animations in the main base where there is gekkos+weeds+lightbugs+all the structure, outside is always 60 and i have lower specs but not more than 3 mods

The game is made in 32bits so there is a limit of how much stuff you can add

Archived