I feel like Atomic Research should be a bigger progression gate/threshold mechanic

Atomic Research could also be tied to additional recipes.

For example to the "Panettone Neutrone" cake or the "Electrone Photone" ice cream dessert.

Also the special asteroid "Modena Nobium Vulva" could be unlocked when all research has been completed :adoration:

10 hours ago, Zakery said:

Well, we don't know that HEP type "used" in ONI, but for "reality lovers" it can be:

1) Neutrino

2) Neutrone

3) Photone ...

Not in reality - if we talk about elementary particles.

Half-life period is for high mass elements  - uranium, plutonium, etc. not for neutrons, photons (we not tolk about bosons and kwark level)

True, but i meant the overall mechanic how it would be handled for balance purposes. It could just leak the particles as radiation so that it`s much harder to stockpile them, at least without a strong radiation source.

13 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

True, but i meant the overall mechanic how it would be handled for balance purposes. It could just leak the particles as radiation so that it`s much harder to stockpile them, at least without a strong radiation source.

If we add heating, and add multiplexing effect for secondary radisation it can be more interesting - in this case we can try to produce "KABUUM!!" 

If we add heating, and add multiplexing effect for secondary radisation it can be more interesting - in this case we can try to produce "KABUUM!!" 

Interesting idea :encouragement: Klei could also add infrared light at some point :beguiled:

when taking into account that dupes are stupid enuff with out help to try swimming/sinking in lava ya any thing that could make them smarter is a plus just beware stinky may end up part skunk

With how simple it is to harvest radiation from the sun, you can get research done fairly fast with little issue. Not sure why they didn't simply go for needing 50 research points to get through the radiation tier research as opposed to the current 5. Not sure how I feel about wheezeworts outputting radiation either, but it makes research very simple. If we are talking radiation-controlled automation, a radio signal system would be interesting.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:49 PM, ZombieDupe said:

With how simple it is to harvest radiation from the sun, you can get research done fairly fast with little issue. Not sure why they didn't simply go for needing 50 research points to get through the radiation tier research as opposed to the current 5. Not sure how I feel about wheezeworts outputting radiation either, but it makes research very simple. If we are talking radiation-controlled automation, a radio signal system would be interesting.

I`m sooooooo praying for the return of Regolith :bee:

The most plausible idea to me would be to be able to build teleporters like the ones on the firsts asteroid and functionning  cryo-chambers to freeze dupes all of wich would be powered by HEP power down = the whole cryo chambers turn into coffins and are filled with radioactive biogoo Also
i kind of liked the idea behind the inception bug where you could build alternate realities witht the spaceshipp interiors. We could create a HEP ''sending'' pod to open a place or a room. To maintain it you have to invest HEP to heat it too or to refrigerate it ect...Just some  random idea :)

Archived