Ambient Music Similar to ONI for DST or Consistent Music Option

1 minute ago, Notecja said:

As long ambient music will not be 20 seconds of loop, then why not. Most problem with DST music I have, it just.... a... short... loop, which usually plays like "Did you chopped a stick? Now is a time for work music! Oh, you planted a one tiny seed? FARM MUSIC, ohno spider, fight music, but boss because you have a one chilling treeguard nearby!".

And most sad are caves and ruins, because not only their loop is super short, but also all same all year...

It should be long enough to be satisfying like 1-2 minutes

Not something that would take a lot of space

I am happy so many people love this idea haha. 

5 hours ago, ADM said:

I might have an idea here, thing is music in the game is only played when a specific action is started, work themes when you get busy doing something, then the song is different based on the location, season, and bunch of other things, when the action is performed the music will play for a little moment but if interrupted (cause you do something else requesting another music / stop), so most of the time music pass out very fast.

So what if we had better music and sound configurations in the game, if you look at the game options there's just settings, then graphics, it surprised before but there is no "Audio" categories, if there was one that would both help to sort options a little better and probably deserve a bunch of new options :

Just like, deciding how musics behaves : Should they play longer ? Loop all times until a new one get played ?
And maybe control audio of different song categories, I know for example that  @Notecja
and I would like an option to cut the menu musics exclusively, loops are often a bit short and when I remain around the menu for a long time I just get insane quick and mute the game. xD

1.thumb.png.ddec0329b11dac40f1047d6022545728.png

Just the ability to control music playtime would be a great QoL thing, at least for me, we've recently made a music on one of our mod and I'm a bit saddened I have to keep crafting and cut trees so it plays ^^', It's configurable technically from audio files but would be great if every players could get their preferences at least.

Reveal hidden contents

The song of the mod if you wanna listen to it btw :)

Yeah something like this would be great. 

I for one am hoping for "Ambient" mainly because it would be nice to toggle between ambient music on and then normal soundtrack in case people do no want to hear the ambient music but I know for at least myself a lot of down time happens before fighting so it would be nice to have some sort of music that is not so "chiptune" would be nice. 

I think even copying the ONI soundtrack into DST would be something temporary while they find a way to make a similar soundtrack for DST. But I really like a proper soundtrack could really put this game on a whole new level. 

Minecraft IMO has one of the best soundtracks and while the music plays you tend to get lost with time because of how it is. Especially as you all know even Valheims music does the same. It is on loop but overall you never notice because its so low and in the background. 

Here is hoping :)

12 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, I dunno if I would call it "ambient" exactly, but if you want DST-fitting music to play during the dead silent parts of the day--which are a good chunk of it (dusk AND night) you could always try out the Dusk and Night Music mod?  Of course if you're on console you can't use mods, but I myself have used that one for  years, and it helps a lot during, for example, the LONG dusk in springtime.  It won't fill in the gaps in the daytime, though, but it's something.

The  music itself is basically remixes of the original tracks, so they still sound/feel DST-ish, with the dusk ones being somewhat toned down and the night ones being the musical equivalent of "Sssshh--someone's sleeping". But they STILL sound like the original.  Even the really quiet version of the springtime music is still lively, just quiet.  It's kinda too bad that summer dusk is so short normally, 'cos that track is pretty dope, and the winter dusk track is really pretty.

Don't know if you can use that, but it might be worth looking into.  There's both a server and a client version.

...Notorious

Dusk and Night is a mod I always liked using for DST, I even ended up merging the old autumn music mod with it and updated it for personal use(since the creator seems to not be updating it)

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

If you decide to upload your updated version to the workshop, I'll totally download it.  :)

...Notorious

I would also like this too

That being said if anyone knows of a cool mod for the time being I would love to see it. Or even a way to import the ONI music tracks into DST.

I fantasize about the QoL update where Dusk and Night music mod gets integrated into the game so that we don't have to deal with constantly broken and outdated music mods. 

Sadly the likelihood of that happening could have a neck-a-neck race with Warbuck's chances of coming to DST.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, ADM said:

I might have an idea here, thing is music in the game is only played when a specific action is started, work themes when you get busy doing something, then the song is different based on the location, season, and bunch of other things, when the action is performed the music will play for a little moment but if interrupted (cause you do something else requesting another music / stop), so most of the time music pass out very fast.

So what if we had better music and sound configurations in the game, if you look at the game options there's just settings, then graphics, it surprised before but there is no "Audio" categories, if there was one that would both help to sort options a little better and probably deserve a bunch of new options :

Just like, deciding how musics behaves : Should they play longer ? Loop all times until a new one get played ?
And maybe control audio of different song categories, I know for example that  @Notecja
and I would like an option to cut the menu musics exclusively, loops are often a bit short and when I remain around the menu for a long time I just get insane quick and mute the game. xD

1.thumb.png.ddec0329b11dac40f1047d6022545728.png

Just the ability to control music playtime would be a great QoL thing, at least for me, we've recently made a music on one of our mod and I'm a bit saddened I have to keep crafting and cut trees so it plays ^^', It's configurable technically from audio files but would be great if every players could get their preferences at least.

I would like this option. My least favorite part of the new farming is that when I stop, that absolute BANGER stops too.

Archived