various issue or missing parts

I'm playing with a bigger petroleum rocket.

What I see is ;

- The rocket cannot have more than 7 modules so with battery, motor, gaz tank, oxidizer tank, liquid tank, command module and nose I'm done. So It seems I cannot have solid storage + liquid + gaz + battery to have a fully rocket sustained only by its tanks.

- All XX port mention that the input can be filtered by selecting the filter on the platform but this doesn't exists

-Using gaz tank to provide oxygen and pump out CO2 requires external pump / vent whose size are so big compared to the interior.

Do I miss something ?

20210216164105_1.jpg

20210216163811_1.jpg

Seems like you are not supposed to have all the modules installed at once. Iirc the engine produces power during flight so you can likely fly without a battery module. A liquid tank module isn`t that necessary either as an outhouse is enough for most trips. This would free 2 slots for extra modules.

Anyway i was thinking that there should be a special life support module that would combine the function of battery, liquid and gas tanks but with really limited capacity so it`s only useful for sustaining a small pump and holding the CO2 and polluted water a dupe produces in like 3 cycles.

I do not know if I understood you correctly but...

1. The building on your screenshot are to load and unload cargo to / from cargo modules but not to/from the internal pilot module

2. You need to put them side by side without any gap to allow all of them to work (see the picture). I normally build all three and then add or remove cargo modules at the rocket string - no rewiring is needed. 

image.thumb.png.30413c716f8657a08836cd7d848569f6.png

regarding the habitat module - you do not need to be too fancy if your goal is just to fly from one planet to another and manually restock. 

1. You do not need a toilet - they will make some mess but this polluted water on the floor evaporates into polluted oxygen (as I can see from your screenshot - this what exactly your pilot is doing).

2. You do not need to remove CO2 if you put an oxyfern plant (it will convert co2 into o2 but watch for temperature and dirt/water supply - it will clean your cabin air between flights (it takes a long while though). 

3. Klei said that they removed the bug of rocket wall destroying and building bigger habitat module. It still works for me - I have just build a new luxury habitat module yesterday and I love this option.

Such module is well sustainable in a very long run (only sand is needed and only to clean air and not necessary required). I used a mod which allows pips to plant trees without any restrictions.

image.thumb.png.a78054f8cf36ee61b6792bd0632538c3.png

image.thumb.png.6d4c212a0aa6088c84fbc639c45055cf.png

Could anybody kindly please let me know if the stacking of rockets is possible in the dlc ?

That was one of the greatest features in the base game for me. I don`t know if its currently possible to stack launch platforms in dlc survival mode ?

That Klei made content so flexible and scalable was always a great plus point with the game. Ipsq and crew never left that path, that is so great.

You made my day :love_heart::cheerful::love_heart: ! Keep torturing your PC, but don`t turn the potato in to french fries :lol:

The biggest annoyance I see is that the rocket interior gas/liquid/solid inputs/outputs don't seem to work unless the corresponding gas/liquid/solid rocket storage module is present.  I don't know if this is intended behavior or just wonky early access behavior. 

It would be nice if there was a life support module instead of the power module which incorporates all these cabin inputs/outputs in addition to power.  And perhaps some refrigeration function to keep the cabin at a reasonable temperature.

I really don't see a point in the rocket interior inputs/outputs the way they are made. It is a waste of module space to fix a problem that doesn't really exist. It is easy enough to make a stocked interior with high décor that will get your dupes almost anywhere on the map.

1244731050_onirocketinterior.thumb.JPG.f6b8126a6d4ce599945441657cfaca09.JPG

4 hours ago, greywizard said:

I really don't see a point in the rocket interior inputs/outputs the way they are made. It is a waste of module space to fix a problem that doesn't really exist. It is easy enough to make a stocked interior with high décor that will get your dupes almost anywhere on the map.

They do save quite a bit of room which you can use to house an extra dupe and get proper room bonuses. Throw in some higher quality, slow-rotting food, such as grubfruit preserves and you'll get at least 18 morale which is enough to keep a mechatronics engineer and a super duper hard digger stress free and alive for 20 cycles or so once you build a solar panel upon landing. (Two rockets with trailblazer modules will allow you to construct a pair of rocket pads on any planet and have four dupes make short work clearing the map for a base.)

cabin.jpg

25 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

The interior tetris got more parts!

if only the parts worked a little better.  Still pretty wonky to get and keep working consistently.  And disabling the ports if the associated storage module isn't part of the rocket is a huge problem because you need water & oxygen to keep the dupes alive and you need to dispose of polluted eater and all other gases after missions in addition to bringing along quite a bit of solids (refined metals, manufactured materials, obsidian, sand, reed fiber, etc.) to establish a bases on a planet.

7 minutes ago, Kderosa said:

if only the parts worked a little better.

I believe they will be more polished after some more updates. I'm also rooting for a universal cargo module and fittings to port interaction. As for base per planet.. I'm not so sure yet if we are supposed to do that :D So.. I partly get if it will be difficult.

9 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

As for base per planet.. I'm not so sure yet if we are supposed to do that :D So.

I'm using a very loose definition of base. ;) 

I suspect there'll be some infrastructure needed on most planets - the power module needs to be charged while the rocket is on the pad.  Volcanos need to be tamed. etc.  You also may have to fit a 24-35 tile high rocket on the planetoid which is a bit of a digging nightmare since you are on a tight oxygen clock (actually not that tight if there's at least some available oxygen and you keep you dupes in their suits and don't mind the gasping for air animations.)

Have you every tried keeping a gassy moo ranch functional? It's brutal.  The infrastructure requirements are tough.

In any event, getting a lighthouse keeper style base up and running is actually pretty easy if needed. Though now that I can keep two skilled dupes alive in the spacefarer module for upwards of 20 cycles may prove you right that bases aren't needed on many planets.

1 hour ago, Kderosa said:

In any event, getting a lighthouse keeper style base up and running is actually pretty easy if needed.

A lighthouse would look so nice in the game. The Russians had a lot running with a little atomic reactor.

lighthouse.gif

4 minutes ago, stgo said:

Nope ! Fully empty

Yeah... Sorry.. Maybe you could sent a bug report then..? :? Including the save file. 

Other than having a problem in the other end of the conveyor rail (missing conveyor loader) I can't think of anything else. Unless you deconstructed the rocket platform while the rocket was resting on it...

Archived