14 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Is an egg the only thing that makes it cramped?

Anyway, I'm thinking of @MooChiChi's design and the 8 tiles 'requirement'. Is this an arbitrary concept, are the fish in the pneumatic door not cramped? - just glum? Is Glum the condition of too little space? ...maybe it was the Confined state instead? doesn't confined eventually kill them? but still, I have trapped many critters in tiles and not had them die for many cycles ( with shinebugs being an exception ).

Honestly, I'm thinking they got some of these critter state definitions defined in such a way as to be misleading.

If I were to look at this 8 tile per Pacu thing - is it counting the mass in the water? 8 full tiles, or just eight tiles considered to be a liquid, because I'm already coming up with some fishbowl cheese to save on the liquid mass ( if needed ). I was thinking like three layers of liquids at really low mass - and voila! - fishbowls can be filled with minor amounts of swept fluids.

I just test it too, yes the egg is the problem, omg my pacu farm s*cks, back to the drawing board

1 hour ago, ghkbrew said:

Is it an intentional choice to not use a infinite pacu glum farm?

Yes, that is on purpose. My idea is to have a small, compact design in the familiar grid, that can be conveniently placed into or next to every kitchen. Since there are only 1-3 dupes in the DLC outposts, the output of a Pacu-Box is just enough to supply everyone with Surf'n Turf.

52 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Anyway, I'm thinking of @MooChiChi's design and the 8 tiles 'requirement'. Is this an arbitrary concept, are the fish in the pneumatic door not cramped? - just glum? Is Glum the condition of too little space? ...maybe it was the Confined state instead? doesn't confined eventually kill them? but still, I have trapped many critters in tiles and not had them die for many cycles ( with shinebugs being an exception ).

Honestly, I'm thinking they got some of these critter state definitions defined in such a way as to be misleading.

If I were to look at this 8 tile per Pacu thing - is it counting the mass in the water? 8 full tiles, or just eight tiles considered to be a liquid, because I'm already coming up with some fishbowl cheese to save on the liquid mass ( if needed ). I was thinking like three layers of liquids at really low mass - and voila! - fishbowls can be filled with minor amounts of swept fluids.

In this case it's the "confined" status prevents reproduction. The various critter debuffs are pretty poorly explained. Briefly:

Overcrowded - happens when the room is too small for the number of critters. Each critter type needs a different amount of space per critter to avoid being overcrowded. It's 12 tiles per critter for hatches so you can keep 8 hatches in a 96 tile hatchery. Pufts need 16 tiles, pacu need 8.

Cramped - happens when there are enough eggs in the room that critters would be "overcrowded" if they hatched.

Confined - happens when the critter is in a room smaller than the minimum size to keep 1 of it's species not overcrowded.

Overcrowded critters will still reproduce at their base rate (1 at 60% of lifespan), but won't recieve the large bonus from being groomed (or fed by the feeder).

Cramped and confined critters won't reproduce at all.

Pacu have the added wrinkle that overcrowded is based on contiguous liquid tiles and can cross mesh tiles and pneumatic doors if they have liquid in them. The mass of liquid per tile doesnt matter. 1g of water will count as liquid tile for the calculation, but the pacu won't path through partially filled tiles (unless there is a non gas tile above it. Same rules as for drowning other critters)

Cramped and confined are based on the room size as seen in the rooms overlay, which doesn't cross doors or mesh tiles.

1 hour ago, Nxf7 said:

Seems like it, but what's weird to me is that it's half and half. The benefits of killing them would be to keep critter count low to save frame rate, but it's not doing that, it keeps them alive for 25 cycles.

Some other options would be:
1. Breed gulp fish, and hatched fish that flop right will flop into hot water, kept hot by tepidizer (probably needs vacuum and insulated tiles to keep heat in).
2. Make omelettes instead.
3. Do the usual 1x1 pit except don't confine them.

I am well aware of all conceivable alternatives and the fact of not taking them into account. Because none of them correspond to the actual idea and purpose of this build:

10 hours ago, MooChiChi said:

The following build is fairly simple, definitely compact and modular as well. There is nothing astonishing to except. It's just feeding one pacu (via seeds) and receiving one-pacu-stuff - in a box.

Thus:

• Option No. 1 would change the whole concept of compact.
  • Option No. 2 would make Surf'n Turf supply impossible.
  • Option No. 3, and the automation/mechanics to keep the box up an running no longer work.

I'm not saying your ideas are bad. But you suggestions cannot be integrated into this build without creating a completely new design - based on a different idea and serving a different purpose.

I could be wrong on this, but I think also the critter navigation in an 1x1 pit hasn't much effect on the framerate.

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

The pacus in the door are confined and glum - not overcrowded, because confined "overwrites" overcrowded.

• Confined = Happiness -10
  • Overcrowded = Happiness -5
  • Glum (tamed but ungroomed) = Critter Metabolism -15 (%)

Each Pacu requires 8 tiles of water. You can find everything there is to know about here.

1 hour ago, ghkbrew said:

Pacu have the added wrinkle that overcrowded is based on contiguous liquid tiles and can cross mesh tiles and pneumatic doors if they have liquid in them. The mass of liquid per tile doesnt matter. 1g of water will count as liquid tile for the calculation, but the pacu won't path through partially filled tiles (unless there is a non gas tile above it. Same rules as for drowning other critters)

So I could essentially wall off the school of fish with pneumatic doors while utilizing contiguous liquid to virtually define the Pacu's definition of space for the purposes of making it seem like they are in a larger room than they actually are? This would simplify cleaning up after them.

I just tried an experiment where I had an 8 wide by 3 tall bowl, with three layers, each 200kg per layer ( not per tile ) or ( bottom to top ) brine, polluted water, then water. while the pacu stopped flopping around when it was dropped in, it couldn't navigate anywhere. And I put a lid on the bowl such that there was an all liquids room. So I'm thinking that they can survive fine in low masses of liquids, but not path anywhere. ...I wonder if there is a subcritical mass per tile that they can navigate - such that in shallow water or masses less than 1000kg they are still able to move around. I suppose sandbox might reveal this - I'm going to take a wild guess that it's 850kg ( relative to water ) since this is what crude oil's natural tile mass is. But it may be lower, and this would make wide multifluid sub critical mass tanks possible.

( ethanol doesn't agree with brine ).

I had the best luck with spread using brine, polluted water, and then water ( introduced in that order, but I doubt it matters once the layers are established ). - the risk factor being that a gulp fish might destroy the polluted water or some simulation issue might disturb the layers and cause a random sinker tile or similar, but not if you're maintaining the environment properly ( and keeping them out ).

My experiment failed, probably not enough mass per tile for the Pacu.

The though just occurred to me that I could use insta-build in debug to draw in ice and brine ice carving blocks or temp shift places to get better idea of what the critical mass might be and if it's per substance or a fixed value for the Pacu path finding. edit, because those melt instantly when you instant build them, it provides 800kg or 400kg of the liquid melt, so it makes a nice source for those liquids.

If anyone else was considering a distillation column fish bowl, then consider the pathing - it appears that the fluid needs to be the max-per tile to path through. My poor pacu couldn't traverse in any direction. But I will be doing more experiments.

40 minutes ago, MooChiChi said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think also the critter navigation in an 1x1 pit hasn't much effect on the framerate.

Probably a performance advantage really. Why I looked for clarification on the pneumatic doors and virtual rooms - the whole bowl within a bowl.

2 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

So I could essentially wall off the school of fish with pneumatic doors while utilizing contiguous liquid to virtually define the Pacu's definition of space for the purposes of making it seem like they are in a larger room than they actually are? This would simplify cleaning up after them.

Pretty much.  You do have to be careful to avoid "cramped" status though, because that is calculated by the room size not the pool size.  Basically you just have to sweep eggs out of the breeding pool immediately.  I use something like this for breeding:

552480676_Screenshotfrom2021-02-1523-00-23.thumb.png.2570942c7bb925162a8fc153a59e5661.png

I don't find that actually separating the pool from the rest of the room is useful, but restricting the movement of the breeders is nice.

2 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

just tried an experiment where I had an 8 wide by 3 tall bowl, with three layers, each 200kg per layer ( not per tile ) or ( bottom to top ) brine, polluted water, then water. while the pacu stopped flopping around when it was dropped in, it couldn't navigate anywhere.

OK, looks like I was wrong, they will swim (not flop) in low mass liquid tiles with solid or liquid above them, but they won't actually pathfind through them.

37 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Wouldn't it be simpler to have the eggs fall through pneumatic doors? 

Ehh, you have to sweep them anyway to deliver them to the incubation room. I suppose letting them drop through doors could guard against power failure of the sweeper, but that's not something that has ever been an issue for me.

And I worry about falling fish falling through the pneumatic doors into the wrong room, but I've never actually tested that. Falling critters are glitchy enough that I wouldn't be 100% confident even if it didn't happen in testing.

I have gone completely off the rails, so for anyone reading, apologies in advance, this has to do with the liquid column and minimizing liquid resources used in fish farming. It's about half the liquid resources for twice the space when using mixed liquids.

That said,

I found an interesting way to separate bodies of water using a blob of polluted water or brine - there's a mass at which the blob or " door " can be opened, so a mini pump could open the door and a liquid outlet could close it, it's really quite interesting. A weight plate, or liquid level sensor and a mini pump could be used here like a liquid door for pacu. ANd I found those navigation thresholds for water, polluted water and brine. I'm sure others follow suit.

Other than this I don't know what I've been doing for the past 3 hours.

I don't  know why they chose these numbers but here they are anyway. In water, Polluted water and Brine sink. A blob of brine less that 420kg or a blob of Polluted Water less than 350kg will block a pacu from navigating past or passing through the blob - so a channel from one side to another given the right configuration, could seperate wild from tame and still utilize the same space. More importantly, it determines those minimum navigable values for the Pacu to be able to swim around to the feeder.

This is kind of useful for dealing with makeshift, in the wild type pools of water, just drop a wall on top of an odd blob of low mass liquid and it blocks the navigation, but keeps the perceptible room size.

Anyway, here's a picture of the conduit I was using to test the navigability of Pacu in mixed liquids when said blobs of liquid sink.

Also added a few pictures of a mess of a biome with mixed liquids, so, there's some natural phenomenon as well I have tried to highlight the thresholds with the pointer to show the nav paths and these barriers forming naturally as well.

Warning, big picture dump and no editing. Just skip this section for the demonstration on liquid in liquid fish doors and see the next spoiler for the minor distillation column fish tank.

Spoiler

20210215231625_1.thumb.jpg.9fc1d4f49e6094ab9d85e3a5643b857a.jpg20210215231654_1.thumb.jpg.da3867eb2aa1ca80735b7983bb3330c4.jpg20210215232849_1.thumb.jpg.c4c3dc0b6b2ed309e9ad1044bcebc68a.jpg20210215234124_1.thumb.jpg.fc1169831e79033c7879877e763d0c0c.jpg20210215234146_1.thumb.jpg.3ee72a06e37f85f7de9c85e41e732d9d.jpg20210215234211_1.thumb.jpg.07b5f5aca19dea2287f5dc25fcd04874.jpg

Above, at 350kg, below, below 350kg - impassible.

20210215234236_1.thumb.jpg.471b57f8a8aba8625c9685c0834d1cd6.jpg

Anyway, enough of that, off to build a scalable fish tank base with these fluids.

The last two images demonstrate the threshold value in action for polluted water blobs. ( so this is basically the subcritical mass threshold they can or can't navigate through that I was looking for ).

And now a departure from the hypothetical fish locks.

I guess I'll look at how shallow the water can get next... It's the same values, liquid water's minimum viable navigation is also 350kg though this is less important in the next part, though worth noting. I have found a 3x3 tank to be able to support 1 happy fish with 2403kg of fluid and 6 tiles of navigation and happiness in a 9 tile form factor tank space.

Spoiler

20210215235158_1.thumb.jpg.1d9e832302fbb5a3f9a44e5e4ffb24ee.jpg20210215235434_1.thumb.jpg.067e9254eacd5a656fb0aaa52543280c.jpg

These two shallow pools above are navigable, good for reaching the feeder and are also happy fish sized.

Some elements added to show nav path contrast. 350kg per tile PW, and 450kg per tile Brine.

20210216000932_1.thumb.jpg.aea42d37cadcdbcd17f1fc91b92617f5.jpg

The first wide tank can support three happily, this increases production without taking up a considerable amount of mass in fluids. The amount of water at the top is not relevant unless navigation is required in that layer. So this is a coupon layer for the room size according to the fish.

20210216000357_1.thumb.jpg.c359299795b378ba39ccbc33eef102d9.jpg

Measures shown on the right for full nav masses ~ 9200kg of liquids, when considering two layer navigation, excluding the top would be ~2800kg less liquids while only using a few kilograms of water for the top layer. So around 6400kg for this 24 liquid tile tank with 16 tiles of navigation that fits in reach of any centrally placed autoloader arm.

The measurements are shown in fine print in the debug side panel on the right.

This "3 happy fish tank" would otherwise require around 16000kg of homogenous liquid water for example ( with a bit extra to fill the room to the ceiling, stickiness of liquids was not tested - ie, the point at which viscosity pull the liquids away from the ceiling in a single liquid type room, so there's that information in a nutshell ).

20210216000255_1.thumb.jpg.aae6a341efd320646e97884e1c481d0a.jpg20210216001222_1.thumb.jpg.53bc8d0e9f74b9e0900908764f604666.jpg

Measured using 3kg of water at the top.

This represents a significant reduction in the amount of effort it would take to establish a tank for a happy fish while moving liquids with the pitcher pump and bottle emptier - with the Gulpfish warning being in effect - they eat the polluted water and will crash the scale of the room since they will be deleting a layer as they pass through it.

So some other fluids could be used for a vertical configuration, their navigable threshold values are only relevant if they need to swim to a feeder - otherwise they should remain in the happy state and wild as well, only glum or cramped if unfed and tame or if an egg has been dropped. To be clear, the fish will fall through liquids that are below the threshold mass of navigability - so there's the feeder placement location to consider when skimping on fluids - otherwise just let them run wild and they should self regulate, or you can automate everything to remove eggs and produce quite a lot of gulpfish.

My apologies for rambling, sometimes getting a tank set up fast and having a happy stable fish population is a good thing to get set up in the early game.

It also occurs to me that these valid low density tanks can have their temperatures changed more rapidly than a solid body of a single liquid. The mass is lower and the time to heat or cool the breeding pool would expedite crittermorph births.

From what I have noticed, the Pacu has a tendency to drop an egg for a tropical or gulp fry egg depending on their tank temperatures. However, this is just a casual observation based on the way pacu morphs tend to gain population type stability when their environment is of a given temperature favorable to their comfort range.

Oh and if anyone was wondering, I have plenty of tame pacu simply feeding them seeds, no need to toss algae at them unless its perhaps spoiled with germs or you're wanting to experiment with the time-to-tame metrics.

Also dropping seeds will keep them from the ate from feeder buff which is a taming factor.

18 hours ago, MooChiChi said:

TBH I thought this is (like in germany) also the international meaning of average. I'll check this out asap.

Edit: Checked!

TIL:

1.jpg

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ø

As so often: thank you very much for the useful hint dear @sakura_sk :love_heart:

Danish holidays where always nice, as I child I had many Danish coins with the "Ø" on it. :bee:

Precise people, often with a long history of computing or other science professions, will write a zero on paper as "Ø" and not as o0O0ooo0oOOo0o0o0000, to ensure misunderstanding and mistakes.

If you are stranded in a dessert and you have 100 people dupes left to build the escape rocket...Ask them to write "5050" on a piece of paper. Complete your rocket construction with those who wrote "5Ø5Ø" on the paper. Be careful with the guy who noted "5Ø5Ø_666" down in your test...But maybe he will be your best man/woman/trans or object lover. Maybe someone will also hump your rocket at the end, probably the 666 guy :rolleyes:

Having the slashed zero and the average symbol looking similar, shows how complicated human beings are. Somebody will always yell in the capsule "Wait,did you mean the average in metric?" just before the rocket crash impact.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:39 PM, Pyrex042 said:

Complicated game is complicated.  =D

I didn't understand how Overcrowded/Cramped worked until I ran out of Sulfur on my DLC base and needed to ramp up the wild Pacu in my water tank and found the above build.  

Lot of good stuff happening in MooChiChi's build though, pretty sure I could hybridize them and cut the size of the one I'm using in half next time.

There's a good write up on critter debuffs over on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/cxqd6j/a_comprehensive_guide_to_critter_debuffs/

On 2/16/2021 at 2:15 AM, The Plum Gate said:

From what I have noticed, the Pacu has a tendency to drop an egg for a tropical or gulp fry egg depending on their tank temperatures. However, this is just a casual observation based on the way pacu morphs tend to gain population type stability when their environment is of a given temperature favorable to their comfort range.

You are correct. Details are in the wiki. Fish body temperature below 5 °C and you are more likely to get a gulp fish. Above 35 °C gets you more tropical pacu. It's body temperature, not water temp which confused me for many cycles when I was trying to breed gulp fish in my latest play.

Related note: gulp fish are fantastic polluted water filters and can provide a decent amount of heat deletion. reddit again

On 3/2/2021 at 4:43 AM, The Plum Gate said:

I just started a new map and noticed that there are fewer Pacu on a swampy start, and they're also breeding less in the wild.

I have just started a fish farm.

Has anyone made any other interesting fish boxes?

With the wild breeding...I had a big water pool and was mining tiles like crazy - All mined materials dropping in to the water. They were breeding greatly and the dupes ate them all as food stock was getting low at some point :p

Would be great too see more fish boxes :encouragement:

4 hours ago, babba said:

Would be great too see more fish boxes :encouragement:

This horribly contrived thing is my fish box. It needs simplification, not necessarily compression. I use a dab of water, a helping of polluted water and a portion of brine. I used my navigation masses to define the layer mass. Brine is slightly above 450kg/t, polluted water just above 350kg/t and water is a miniscule amount, enough to flow the top layer into the ceiling of the tank and fulfill the room size requirement of at least 24 tiles for the three fish. This system removes eggs in favor of fish, however it's designed to reintroduce eggs based on the weight plate and critter sensor. The values could be changed to allow for more or less eggs or fish, it's fiddly for setting up, but produces eggs quite frequently now. The tank is 3x10 with a footprint of 12x5.

The arm won't load the feeder from the bottom and forget about trying to use an unloader to fill the feeder ( since I'm using seeds), so that's the only dupe chore going on here aside from picking up fillets the fall out of the system.

1758179224_20210304003700_1(2).thumb.jpg.6a1316b9f3c86975d8c09bdbbd8ad6f9.jpg

The critter sensors detect the number of eggs ( right sensor ) and then the number of critters and eggs ( upper left ) so as to avoid the cramped condition. The weight plate closes the chute after one eggs is placed on it if the critter and egg sensor doesn't exceed three ( due to the tank size ) and would define the condition of two fish one egg - if there's any more critters or eggs then the chute closes ( master count ). If there are less the three critters and an egg is laid, then it is transferred to the weight plate..

There's a lot of problems getting this thing started, so I have an arm in and an arm out of reach of the conveyor loader, and on off switch for the upper arm. The upper arm takes eggs, polluted dirt, and anything delivered to the ration box or the storage compactor. It can't reach the weight plate, and the lower arm can't reach the conveyor loader, the lower arm disabled by automation when the chute is open, although this probably isn't needed - it does however have to remove eggs shells and the ocasional fillet from the weight plate - so those things are transfered to the containers and the upper arm takes them from there. Only ppolluted dirt is stored in the compactor ultimately - I will figure this out later. I can alter the setting on the compactor to store and dump eggs if there's some sort of setback in the breeding program.

Here's the egregious automation overlay. AND AND OR gates.1171539351_20210304003738_1(2).thumb.jpg.5d6e0af3c9e1a44013871896a8b1af03.jpg

This is the state with the egg on the plate, so everything is locked and waiting for eggs and dead fish to drop. The chute remains closed when there are no eggs on the plate ( master critter sensor upper left ) and three fish swimming around. So it holds a count of three at most, it depends on the progression of egg laying and dieing, ther Pacu will eventually die off and allow an egg onto the plate, but this depend on non-existent infrastructure looping eggs back into the system ( I'll fix this later by drawing an automation wire off from the main sensor and tapping into a system that has eggs present ( the overflow tank  will eventually grab eggs and send them back through the system ).

160611561_20210304003743_1(2).thumb.jpg.fc630cc7aad7d18584650b282624fc58.jpg

Portless view. The lower arm auto wire turn off the arm ocasionally, but this isn't a problem, the fish swim over the weight plate and cause an edge case, so there's not an easy way to define this system with just the plate mass, it has to be cleared and reloaded occasionally, so a loop on the conveyor is needed.

Here's my chute system.1543977869_20210304003759_1(2).thumb.jpg.1674991457ee596fa2a445f10841fa97.jpg

Work in progress, but the chute closes without leaving any eggs stranded on the line, they're currently being ferried off to a holding tank. I'll use this logic heavy tank as a breeding nursery while refilling the eggs when needed. I prefer wild pacu, but the whole of my first 200 cycles on this map and I was only able to manage keeping an egg or two pacu here or there - now the population is starting to bloom, and just in time for a care package full of pacu, so that was a welcome surprise trying to deal with those flopping around without any way to use the fish release ( senseless, they can't catch fish out of water - this should be the easiest wrangling task ).

Needs a loopback..

Edit: maybe.

Also, works with debris on the plate, so that's a plus,

And for those wondering, the critter sensor counts the eggs that are on the conveyor as being in the room, so that's why everything is out of the room in the wall. this is another weird case where the system could fail.

Ok, so my automation is terrible and I have to keep the lower arm on, so that lower loop is no longer in service.

This thing produces loads of pacu constantly overloading the overflow tank, it seems to keep a count at max of 27 critters.

I seriously need to rethink the automation on this and perhaps have a dedicated vat for eggs and have a pull or call request from the chute gate when the critter count drops in the breeding pool. I think that would be all it needs.

The original post is still perfect of course. 

On 2/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, MooChiChi said:

The fish feeder might be buggy and does not feed pacus (with seeds). Deconstruct and rebuild solved the issue for me permanently.

Feeder is so .. bugged! It deletes +10kg of algae every time a fish eats (I just noticed that....) and it's even buggier when you use seeds. :dejection:

• Using algae a pacu eats ~280kg per cycle (didn't observe it closely but it eats 20kg instead of 10kg per bite as shown in the other post) but it has a constant "ate from feeder" buff so it can be tamed in ~7cycles
  • Using seeds a pacu eats once every 2 cycles ~126g of a seed, meaning it will have "ate from feeder" buff for a cycle but just "wild" the next cycle. Result: it takes ~20cycles to tame a pacu using seeds.
Spoiler

First bite of the first feeder

1210030120_pacufeederseed0-13.thumb.JPG.649b609ea8284cbef25fb4df0b151087.JPG

A feeder filled with seeds is filled twice the amount specified :!: I don't know if it's a bug specifically concerning seeds in feeders or the 10kg/less than 10kg per feeder in general.

Spoiler

460338402_pacuseedsdoublefeeder.thumb.JPG.4718cc16cbebd15ce7bc6feffb9e0315.JPG

I tested filling 4 fish feeders using different amounts: 1kg, 2kg, 4kg, 10kg. Every feeder used twice the amount to be full and the amount of every feeder was divided in two. I thought that if it was filled more than I originally set it to, at least there would be more food for fish. Wrong! When the second amount was 0 the first amount reached 0 also (meaning: was deleted). Tame fish seem to eat twice a cycle ~130g so they seem to eat ~260g/cycle

Spoiler

One bite of tame fish
2116992657_tamefeeder.thumb.png.562fd1c28a8a994b691ad257d7e26420.png

Second bite of tame fish
1955404024_tamefeeder2.thumb.png.1b175195defd61a5396661f7310182f2.png

Third bite of tame fish 
1684756369_tamefeeder3.thumb.png.4a1b73c10c7fa4240342ca0b5e6f68ef.png

Feeder empty, 2kg of seeds lost! (I know it's not much but still.. 2 seeds deleted! :sad: )

Probably if the fish feeder is constantly filled the deleting bug doesn't happen.

It also seems impossible to tame a wild egg into a tame pacu that produces at least one more tame egg using seeds. Starting the box seems to be possible (safely) only if the starter pacu is a printed one from a care package (meaning no "baby" 5 cycle lost)

Spoiler

PACU.png.83380ff10df781d7905eac6b1148c7ed.png

Did anyone else know about the bugged fish feeder?

19 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Hide contents

First bite of the first feeder

1210030120_pacufeederseed0-13.thumb.JPG.649b609ea8284cbef25fb4df0b151087.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

460338402_pacuseedsdoublefeeder.thumb.JPG.4718cc16cbebd15ce7bc6feffb9e0315.JPG

I

Reveal hidden contents

One bite of tame fish
2116992657_tamefeeder.thumb.png.562fd1c28a8a994b691ad257d7e26420.png

Second bite of tame fish
1955404024_tamefeeder2.thumb.png.1b175195defd61a5396661f7310182f2.png

Third bite of tame fish 
1684756369_tamefeeder3.thumb.png.4a1b73c10c7fa4240342ca0b5e6f68ef.png

Feeder empty, 2kg of seeds lost! (I know it's not much but still.. 2 seeds deleted! :sad: )

Probably if the fish feeder is constantly filled the deleting bug doesn't happen.

It also seems impossible to tame a wild egg into a tame pacu that produces at least one more tame egg using seeds.

Reveal hidden contents

PACU.png.83380ff10df781d7905eac6b1148c7ed.png

Stupid phone...

It's not impossible, it just takes more than one lifecycle.

Egg hatched, I fed it seeds until it laid an egg.  Egg was <100% wild.  Killed the pacu let the egg hatch, killed it after it laid a even-less-wild egg.

Third pacu became fully tame.

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Feeder is so .. bugged! It deletes +10kg of algae every time a fish eats (I just noticed that....) and it's even buggier when you use seeds. :dejection:

• Using algae a pacu eats ~280kg per cycle (didn't observe it closely but it eats 20kg instead of 10kg per bite as shown in the other post) but it has a constant "ate from feeder" buff so it can be tamed in ~7cycles
  • Using seeds a pacu eats once every 2 cycles ~126g of a seed, meaning it will have "ate from feeder" buff for a cycle but just "wild" the next cycle. Result: it takes ~20cycles to tame a pacu using seeds.

Odd. I never noticed something strange like this.

Yes, once the eggs start hatching tame, it's a population explosion.

I had a hard time starting mine on seeds until I had the feeder stocked to 20kg. It was bugging out on lesser servings and storage.

Now I have so many gulp fish that they bug out and all congregate somewhere they can't reach the feeder. Other than this over like 40 cycles I got 100 fillets or so with numerous continuous population.

Is nice food source.

Why do these fish weigh 200kg?

9 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Why do these fish weigh 200kg?

I assume it is to make them less sensitive to extreme temperatures, giving you time to either move them or fix the problem before they die of body temperature change.

Archived