[Game Update] - 451737

• Developer

Hi friends! A small patch before the weekend with some crash fixes in it. See you next week!

Changes

• Updated Russian translations

Fixes

• Fixed a Linux/Mac crash starting a new game or loading a save. Please let us know if it’s still crashing for you
  • Fixed crash when battery modules load while in space
  • Some launch conditions weren't being checked correctly so the Launch button would lie about a rocket being launchable
  • Graphite -> Fullerene recipe had incorrect amounts for Sulfur and Aluminum

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

Had my game freeze up when I opened the printing pod once after 4 or 5 hours of playing - this isn't the first time this has happened and I can't seem to reproduce the issue but it seems to happen after quite a while of continuous gameplay.

Didn't break or loose anything, autosaves per cycle, so not much to it really. No black hole crash, just a total hang - music kept playing.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, The Plum Gate said:

No black hole crash, just a total hang - music kept playing.

I also had one (just one) printing-freeze crash but I forgot to keep a log file of that  I forgot I saved the log file of that ... Although I had to x close the game so I don't know what it does in that case to the log and the crash didn't happen again.

Screenshot while music keeps playing like you are selecting from printing pod but nothing responds: 

Spoiler

-_-.thumb.JPG.71e2d4b2691a99bd3d61e7b90f391216.JPG

After loading auto save file, it never happened again

Edited by sakura_sk

10 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Had my game freeze up when I opened the printing pod once after 4 or 5 hours of playing - this isn't the first time this has happened and I can't seem to reproduce the issue but it seems to happen after quite a while of continuous gameplay.

Didn't break or loose anything, autosaves per cycle, so not much to it really. No black hole crash, just a total hang - music kept playing.

Same issue, loaded a map, all was well until the pod was ready to print and the game hung, no response just the music playing but couldn't do a thing, had to close the game via the task manager.

16 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Wait... Is large solid oxidizer tank non researchable currently..? (Or am I blind...?)

Also, why is small solid oxidizer tank's research in gasses and not solids? (or in the same research box as sugar engine that needs it?)

I have no idea, the visual fill bar isn't working on the small oxidizer tank but it does load. Seems it generates an errand, but has no priority.

The virtual planetarium isn't doing anything but suggests that there will be a databank resource required for it, so I am guessing that certain rocket only categories will be the gold research category ( probably all the spaced out dlc categories ).

Hopefully it's not related to sunburn time. I was hoping for remote telescope but it looks more like a third degree of research is coming.

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Wait... Is large solid oxidizer tank non researchable currently..? (Or am I blind...?)

Also, why is small solid oxidizer tank's research in gasses and not solids? (or in the same research box as sugar engine that needs it?)

I cant find it again right now, but I littally just read somewhere on one of the patch notes that large tanks might have to be rebuild due to some error, might be related: u should try ? :-)

On 2/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, ModalMorphling said:

somewhere on one of the patch notes that large tanks

If you mean :

• The new version of the Large Liquid Tank had an incorrect ID, which may have caused save/load issues. If you have a Large Liquid Tank in your save, you may need to deconstruct it and rebuild it

of update 450552, there was a liquid input in large liquid cargo module while it shouldn't have one.

Large solid oxidizer tank is used for oxidizer (solid - fertilizer or oxylite) combined with rocket fuel to run a rocket engine and I currently can't find it in research tree (I think it was there when large rocket engines were introduced to dlc but maybe I am wrong and it was only available in sandbox..?)

ok... it preexists rocket research xD

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d7db0b1ffa8dd9513000d85c911b3537.png

Edited by sakura_sk
found it!

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

I think it's prudent to mention the energy tab in the object details popup is broken. 

Isn't only wires energy tab that is broken? In other electrical devices seems fine.

Spoiler

image.png.8bc1f75b48f9bf16e18ec05e33de54ab.png gas pump energy tab

image.thumb.png.8a5bb73e77743740f605c4bddf9ea391.png wire energy tab

But yes... it worked the same for wires too in previous updates :?

• Like 1