two players on a beefalo

Actually this is an EXCELLENT Idea

(now I do admit I’ve been playing a lot of Red Dead Online.. But-)

I like being able to carry my friends or team mates places, It’s WHY I main Wraith on Apex Legends.

Taking people from Point A to Point B can be fun... but: The second player has to have something to do besides just be along for the ride.

perhaps they can shoot things, or mine resources, or heal the Beefalo while player 1 steers it.

We have multiplayer focused boats now and while there will always be jerks who grief like targeting and smashing the boat into the nearest object with you on it...

Klei gave us a Plank to abandon a trolls ship if it’s going places we don’t wanna go.

Beefalo would be no different as long as player 2 can emergency dismount.

hello I'm Italian and I use the translator it's a bit difficult for me to express myself here but thank you that someone likes this idea I think it's enough just to be able to accompany a player to base or go with a player to the place of a boss or arena in which you will face the boss I would not want to upset the game much but the place of who guides the beefalo can be made so that you can collect objects as you do currently in the game and it would be nice to look for the tracks to hunt directly on the beefalo but now how can we get this idea to the developers?
13 hours ago, Cirozacc said:

Joew

1 minute ago, Cirozacc said:

hello I'm Italian and I use the translator it's a bit difficult for me to express myself here but thank you that someone likes this idea I think it's enough just to be able to accompany a player to base or go with a player to the place of a boss or arena in which you will face the boss I would not want to upset the game much but the place of who guides the beefalo can be made so that you can collect objects as you do currently in the game and it would be nice to look for the tracks to hunt directly on the beefalo but now how can we get this idea to the developers?

OH MIO DIO, un italiano? Sei sperduto? Vuoi una mano? 

Aahhaha scusami ma la community italiana non esiste di dst e lo siamo solo noi nel nostro server discord, vedere un italiano e' come vedere una perla nella spiaggia! 

Comunque ti suggerisco di scrivere nel post senza copiare o incollare da siti esterni o google traduttore altrimenti si forma questo testo brutto dove devi scorrerlo tutto con la rotella.

22 minutes ago, Milordo said:

OH MIO DIO, un italiano? Sei sperduto? Vuoi una mano? 

Aahhaha scusami ma la community italiana non esiste di dst e lo siamo solo noi nel nostro server discord, vedere un italiano e' come vedere una perla nella spiaggia! 

Comunque ti suggerisco di scrivere nel post senza copiare o incollare da siti esterni o google traduttore altrimenti si forma questo testo brutto dove devi scorrerlo tutto con la rotella.

Beautiful language. Makes me think about good food. 

1 ora fa, Cirozacc ha detto:

let's not overturn things too much I think this idea only serves to move in two players faster and that's it without upsetting everything then it depends on the player's experience but thank you for answering I'm happy

7 hours ago, Notecja said:

Beautiful language. Makes me think about good food. 

Thanks,thanks xD ahahhaah 

The translation in any case was not about food, unfortunately it was sad. Finding that @Cirozacc he's italian i instantaneously add him to discord and stay together, the reason is = Don't Starve doesn't exist in Italy. There is no community, ZERO. No streamers, No youtubers, No sorta large community in discord,forum or whatever.

We're the only community, me and my friends ( 6) other my friends (4) and now @Cirozacc =  we're 11 in total, which is.... depressing.

In fact since me and one friend together are veterans players, we had the idea to open a channel as a sort of "beacon" to help and encourage more italian players to approach Don't Starve   :wilson_love:     Grazie mille!    

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

tie the second player mummy style into a valid statue, so the player 1 can carry them.

any inconviences not expected.

Jokes aside could work if the player 2 ride together with you, you can't bring anymore a statue!

7 hours ago, ShadyPK said:

Hog tie the 2nd player to the beefalo as they take 5 damage every time you run into something

Risultato immagini per red dead redemption 2 falling from the horse

21 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

huh?

eh?

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually this is an EXCELLENT Idea

(now I do admit I’ve been playing a lot of Red Dead Online.. But-)

I like being able to carry my friends or team mates places, It’s WHY I main Wraith on Apex Legends.

Taking people from Point A to Point B can be fun... but: The second player has to have something to do besides just be along for the ride.

Well, there's already the Lazy Deserter for that

Edit:
 One trick I find interesting with the Lazy Deserter, is to every player have one pre-crafted, so you just need to place it at any time to get everyone where you are, wherever you are. You can then break it with a hammer to get almost every material back and only need one cut stone to pre-craft it again!

If you're playing with more than two players, you can also use this to quickly get to the base and back, calling a second player to you, being called to the base by a third player, quickly doing what you have to do in the base and  asking for the second player to call you back to where you were before!

3 hours ago, Hatty DeWitt said:

Bene, c'è già il Lazy Deserter per quello

Modifica:
 un trucco che trovo interessante con il Lazy Deserter, è che ogni giocatore ne abbia uno prefabbricato, quindi devi solo posizionarlo in qualsiasi momento per portare tutti dove sei, ovunque tu sia. Puoi quindi romperlo con un martello per recuperare quasi tutto il materiale e hai solo bisogno di una pietra tagliata per pre-lavorarlo di nuovo!

Se stai giocando con più di due giocatori, puoi anche usarlo per arrivare rapidamente alla base e tornare indietro, chiamando un secondo giocatore a te, venendo chiamato alla base da un terzo giocatore, facendo rapidamente ciò che devi fare in la base e chiedendo al secondo giocatore di richiamarti dove eri prima!

yes it's true but with beefalo you are much more free to move and be able to go anywhere without using any useful gem for anything else thanks for replying

39 minutes ago, Cirozacc said:

yes it's true but with beefalo you are much more free to move and be able to go anywhere without using any useful gem for anything else thanks for replying

As well-met said, it involves a lot of coding for such little thing

Also, if a bishop atacks who will recieve the damage? The 1st or the 2nd player? Like this one there is a lot of possible problems, glitchs and cheese

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Come ben noto, richiede molta codifica per una cosa così piccola

Inoltre, se un vescovo attacca chi riceverà il danno? Il primo o il secondo giocatore? Come questo ci sono molti possibili problemi, problemi tecnici e formaggio

I am using the beefalo in my world and during a fight what takes damage is the beefalo except the seal that damages me you could do that during a fight and the beefalo to take damage while if the seal attacks you with the blowpipe it damages the driver or both

image.png.28e95e944a7b9ce0e07015a68b60a500.png

2 players, 1 cup.. wait, wrong forum.

It could be done programming-wise, 1/1st player controlling beef, 2nd being luggage basically, having no input in the beef riding at all. But for what purpose would you want such idle play? Would require a lot of coding from KLei and the payoff would be.. people AFKing "legit"?!

8 hours ago, Hatty DeWitt said:

Well, there's already the Lazy Deserter for that

Edit:
 One trick I find interesting with the Lazy Deserter, is to every player have one pre-crafted, so you just need to place it at any time to get everyone where you are, wherever you are. You can then break it with a hammer to get almost every material back and only need one cut stone to pre-craft it again!

If you're playing with more than two players, you can also use this to quickly get to the base and back, calling a second player to you, being called to the base by a third player, quickly doing what you have to do in the base and  asking for the second player to call you back to where you were before!

Dude: you guys just don’t get it do you? Your talking about very late game knowledge, content most casual players are likely going to never see.. and content myself (who’s been playing since forever- has only dabbled into less than 4-5 times) You have to have very very specific knowledge to even FIND the location for crafting that item.. 

Meanwhile: Learning how to craft a YoTB structure, craft cowbell, find Beefalo, ring Bell, feed it a few sticks & then slap a saddle on him is very very early (possibly even day 2) content.

Being able to move players without some end game teleportation staff would be quite nice for people who just want to move around their world quickly (but not teleport from an area theyre in back to base)

Theres Also Wendy’s Quote when examining Woodie in Werebeaver form- Why does everything have to require late to end game knowledge? Why can’t some of the stuff be more fun/easier ways to do?

Sure some folks are going to PREFER the Lazy Deserter but keep in mind that very few people are even going to know how to obtain that.. 

The TL:DR- we have multiplayer boats, why not multiplayer mounts/abilities?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dude: you guys just don’t get it do you? Your talking about very late game knowledge, content most casual players are likely going to never see.. and content myself (who’s been playing since forever- has only dabbled into less than 4-5 times) You have to have very very specific knowledge to even FIND the location for crafting that item.. 

You only need to kill antlion to get the recipe...

And for the orange gem required there is many ways to get them like killing df (easy with many players since she gets stunned and only doest aoe if enrage), opening sea chests (little dangers but high rng) or going to the ruins

If players want progression they should improve not just wait to easier ways to do the samething that other items already do

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You only need to kill antlion to get the recipe...

And for the orange gem required there is many ways to get them like killing df (easy with many players since she gets stunned and only doest aoe if enrage), opening sea chests (little dangers but high rng) or going to the ruins

If players want progression they should improve not just wait to easier ways to do the samething that other items already do

You mean like instant tame Beefalo with a cowbell a few sticks then Saddle replaces walking cane?

I understand what your saying: and also see your valid concerns about damage/glitches it may cause

Nothing that a little game reprogramming can’t fix.

Anyone remember Borderlands 2? Or more precisely the Skag Riding Bandits in Borderlands 2?

They’re both one enemy.. but kill the skag or the rider: And the other is still gonna be alive with full health as a second enemy.

Reprogram bishops to kill the Beef first and the “which player does it target first” question no longer becomes a factor.

As much work as Klei has done reprogramming and improving gardens, fishing, Beefalo interactions- I’m sure this would be very minimal effort on their behalf.

Archived