Change the Cookie Cutter Cap

The Cookie Cutter Cap is a pretty mediocre armor due to it's low damage absortion and small upside.

I suggest to make it similar to the Cactus Armor in Shipwrecked, dealing damage to the attacker. As well as increasing it's damage absorption a bit.

8 hours ago, Ohan said:

what about this thing though 

Bramble_Husk.png.d1a1f1730e240dbd6ab211c480aa9f22.png

The same thing that differentiates the Bramble Husk and Cactus Armor.

Both deal damage to the attacker, one with an AoE and other only to the attacker, but while the Bramble Husk has less durability and damage absorption than the Cactus Armor, it has more uses outside of combat protecting the wearer from spiky plants and Bramble Traps.

However the Bramble Husk is only available to Wormwood and the Cactus Armor can be crafted by other survivors.

27 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

The same thing that differentiates the Bramble Husk and Cactus Armor.

Both deal damage to the attacker, one with an AoE and other only to the attacker, but while the Bramble Husk has less durability and damage absorption than the Cactus Armor, it has more uses outside of combat protecting the wearer from spiky plants and Bramble Traps.

However the Bramble Husk is only available to Wormwood and the Cactus Armor can be crafted by other survivors.

cactus armor doesn't exist in dst

8 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Cookie cutter shells are the modern day batilisk wings

no they're not. bat wings have always been good to have. even before the recipe reduction, it was a reliable way for wormwoods to heal using batbat.

when you cook them, they heal 8 hp even before the drop rate increase.

what you said isn't an exaggeration. it's just incorrect.

I think the main perk of the cookie cutter cap is the fact is has so much durability. And it has a relatively cheap crafting recipe (4 shells and 1 rope)

But even with all that, it's outclassed in every way just because of its slightly lower defense.

I agree that it needs some kind of buff and having that sort of "thorns" ability would really suit it and make people actually want to go out and get it. Maybe they would need to make the recipe cost a bit more to help balance it out a bit more.

But giving it the ability to deal damage to the mob that attacked you would make it a good option when considering what armour to use. And I specify option because that's how it should fit in with all the other armour, it should have it's pro's and cons when compared to other alternatives and shouldn't really be meta defining. 

The only question is if it should be stronger or weaker than what wormwood currently has, the fact that it's a headpiece and not a body slot is already different enough. But a lot of items are known for being a "cheaper and weaker alternative to ___". So I feel like this item should also be like that. 

Archived