the spaced out dlc updates

4 hours ago, natanstarke said:

hey ppl anyone else thinking the updates are taking weirdly longer than the normal? something happen to klei ?

I think some of us are spoiled by Griftlands that launch an experimental 1 day after updating the live branch. ONI always took time before the testing branch got updated. Updates every 3 weeks are actually faster than they were during the base game early access. Once i joined (around oil update) it was 4 weeks iirc.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I think some of us are spoiled by Griftlands that launch an experimental 1 day after updating the live branch. ONI always took time before the testing branch got updated. Updates every 3 weeks are actually faster than they were during the base game early access. Once i joined (around oil update) it was 4 weeks iirc.

Idk maybe im too hyped for nuclear, i stopped playing for a while i want to play dyson sphere more till oni get more content.

@sakura_sk Every base could be the size of a big excavated Ttitan II Missile Complex dug out in a BIG map within the DLC :biggrin-new: ...If we get big (DLC) maps implemented someday by honorable Papa Klei Smurf :excitement::afro::excitement:

@natanstarke Same with me my friend :cheerful:

1 hour ago, natanstarke said:

Idk maybe im too hyped for nuclear, i stopped playing for a while i want to play dyson sphere more till oni get more content.

Would also be nice to have "Mittens" in the game - For cooking, to keep warm, to punch someone or something or to "protect" from radioactivity :confused::confused::confused: Also a lot of players have cats and dogs + fish bowl...Radioactive aquarium would be ace.

image.png.2c2e98af937317ee73976c3072e242ea.pngimage.thumb.png.1e79e561a160d7a2575eb86d1221c18f.pngimage.thumb.png.01c6309e39b383760e9ef032d3e5b8d1.png

3 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Are the pokeshells tamable and what's the point if they are? 

They are. Their attack is pretty wonky (and i think bugged) and they seem to fixate on one dupe and ignore the others.

As for the point of doing that all i can think of is extra lime production. Just keep a few to lay eggs and find a way to kill the extra adult ones and collect molts. Killing them is harder to do. I tried hot steam but they take too long to heat up. Next idea - rocket exhaust.

7 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I drop my pokeshells in it - though they get nasty once they drop an egg, so there's that - had them attacking fish the other day.

Are the pokeshells tamable and what's the point if they are? 

Pokeshells provide 2 functions - they turn polluted dirt into sand (typically the arbor tree->ethanol distiller pathway).  A pokeshell that grows to adulthood will yield a total of 16kg of lime (1 for the eggshell, 5 for the small molt, and 10 for the large molt) - amounting to 160kg of steel per pokeshell.  So, if you're burning ethanol for water for oxygen, the pokeshells provide your filtration medium.  You don't have to ranch them, but you'll get a ton of eggs if you do.  Those get whisked away by the auto sweeper and dropped into a cage where the eggshell and molts are eventually collected. Given the niobium and tungsten volcanoes, this source of lime isn't as important as it could be.  I mean, with 200 tons of Thermium, who really cares, right?  But you get a set of asteroids in a future update without the tungsten sources, that's quite different.

Ok. Nice to know a out the poke shells, seem like a good egg source as I'll be attempting rust based O2 generation later and can use my polluted dirt in their feeder.

There's only been two attacks from them. Once when they turned red from having roe in the same room. And again when I thought it would be a good idea to house one in the latrine. I'm not sure if there was an egg present or not, but my dupe got attacked while in the outhouse.

52 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

You can always crush igneous rock after taming a volcano.

true but i dont like that way anyway

25 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Ok. Nice to know a out the poke shells, seem like a good egg source as I'll be attempting rust based O2 generation later and can use my polluted dirt in their feeder.

There's only been two attacks from them. Once when they turned red from having roe in the same room. And again when I thought it would be a good idea to house one in the latrine. I'm not sure if there was an egg present or not, but my dupe got attacked while in the outhouse.

I would like to test like 10 pokeshell ranchs without food just to see how i much i can do 

Lime production also makes a little sand right ?

6 hours ago, natanstarke said:

molts and eggshells is 1:1, 3:1 on small molts, fossil turns into 5kg of lime and 95kg of sedimentary rock ( i think ).

pokeshells convert whatever they eat 1:1 into sand. I'm not sure what the difference between them and the rock crusher is with regard to that - otherwise they lay eggs, etc.

4 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I'm not sure what the difference between them and the rock crusher is with regard to that

Only difference is the starting ingredient, I think. Rock crusher can't crush polluted dirt and pokeshells can't eat rocks. If you take the extra time to ranch them (produce more eggs than leaving them wild) you get more lime for your trouble while rock crusher takes dupe time and power. I haven't experimented with quantities tame/wild pokeshells produce though. I usually prefer dupe time to make sand (less variables, less builds). I even automated (non sustainable..) sand production in one of my colonies putting a smart storage connected to the rock crusher and it seems to work fine.

There are so many more combinations you can do in DLC having the swamp biome available. You could mass produce lime in order to have an early steal production without the need of fossil or trees.

13 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

I even automated (non sustainable..) sand production in one of my colonies putting a smart storage connected to the rock crusher and it seems to work fine.

I assume duplicants still had to work the machine? - it would be great if this could be a fully mechanized thing, you know, it would crush whatever gets delivered to it.

13 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I assume duplicants still had to work the machine?

Of course. But there was no cramped/glum/elderly variable to it.

An auto-crusher would be great! Even limiting it to a conveyor rail feed (20kg) would be enough of an automation for me.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:25 AM, sakura_sk said:

Of course. But there was no cramped/glum/elderly variable to it.

An auto-crusher would be great! Even limiting it to a conveyor rail feed (20kg) would be enough of an automation for me.

I hope they will add regolith from meteors on one of the planets in future.

There is a mod for auto-crasher if anyone wants to go this path.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, natanstarke said:

true but i dont like that way anyway

I would like to test like 10 pokeshell ranchs without food just to see how i much i can do 

I created pokeshell ranches for sand production mainly - I had enough lime from fish eggs.

1. domesticated pokeshells die of starvation if not fed BEFORE laying an egg. So hungry farm with domesticated is not viable. I had an auto-feeder dumping some dirt but it was not regular feeding and I lost all domesticated pokeshells at the end. 

2. Wild pokeshell farms work well and no automation is necessary. Just put one wild pokeshell per small room and have an autosweeper to collect shells. If it is just one pokeshell per room it does not attack - when it lays an egg, it is only one egg and angry/red pokeshell in the room and no one to attack. Then the egg turns into a small pokeshell and the old one stops being angry. They turn dirt into sand. No dirt - no sand just lime.

At the end, I did not like the idea of farming pokeshells - no meat, dirt can be used for thermal sand production, igneous rock crusher was also a better option for me.

Archived