What do u expect to see in next update?

Different types of boats.

Shipwrecked had multiple different boats you can craft and each of them had an specific function.

DST has one big raft, with a steering wheel, an anchor and the only thing you can choose, sails. There's no variety other than what structures you place on it. And there isn't that much to do in the sea, so some sea content would be nice.

And skins of course, wall skins specifically (and maybe beefalo skins since Year of the Beefalo is coming? Can you even do skins for mobs? You can swap Abigail and Bernie skins)

14 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Shipwrecked had multiple different boats you can craft and each of them had an specific function.

DST has one big raft, with a steering wheel, an anchor and the only thing you can choose, sails.

Shipwrecked had walking on water with 4 speed, walking on water with 5 speed, walking on water with 6 speed, walking on water with 5 speed and 6 more inventory slots, walking on water with 6 speed and more health, and walking on water with 4 speed and a lot of health.

DST has actually boating at 1.5 speed, 2.55 speed, 3 speed, 3.3 speed, 4 speed, 5 speed, and many more possible speeds if you continue adding masts. DST has boats with 0 inventory slots, 9, 18, 32, 64, even 128 inventory slots. DST has boats with alchemy engines, boats with shadow manipulators, boats with crock pots, boats with bird cages, boats with catapults, boats with ice flingomatics, boats with scaled furnaces, boats with fire pits, boats with all sorts of things. You can choose up to 7 large structures, up to as many masts as you want, and countless chests/ice boxes/other small structures.

I don't know why people keep asking for more boats, they're already inconceivably customizable compared to, once again, the snoozefest that is SW with the boats all being the same but different movement speeds. DST can change the boat's movement speed by adding more sails.

18 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

There's no variety other than what structures you place on it.

And the SW boats have no variety other than how much health they have.

Just now, Cheggf said:

Shipwrecked had walking on water with 4 speed, walking on water with 5 speed, walking on water with 6 speed, walking on water with 5 speed and 6 more inventory slots, walking on water with 6 speed and more health, and walking on water with 4 speed and a lot of health.

DST has actually boating at 1.5 speed, 2.55 speed, 3 speed, 3.3 speed, 4 speed, 5 speed, and many more possible speeds if you continue adding masts. DST has boats with 0 inventory slots, 9, 18, 32, 64, even 128 inventory slots. DST has boats with alchemy engines, boats with shadow manipulators, boats with crock pots, boats with bird cages, boats with catapults, boats with ice flingomatics, boats with scaled furnaces, boats with fire pits, boats with all sorts of things. You can choose up to 7 large structures, up to as many masts as you want, and countless chests/ice boxes/other small structures.

I don't know why people keep asking for more boats, they're already inconceivably customizable compared to, once again, the snoozefest that is SW with the boats all being the same but different movement speeds. DST can change the boat's movement speed by adding more sails.

i ... just... want.. smaller boats, it can be the circle ones but smaller, is a nightmare sailing between rocks or getting salt or sea weed

3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

So we can't have a little more expensive raft that has more health/space? One that is made out of other material but has a bigger platform (with a different shape) but has a slower base speed and vice versa just because we can already build on them and the current variation is perfect?

Why not add a scalemail boat that makes them fireproof?

Since they are just land platforms that float, might as well allow us to decorate them a bit.

Just because they are not shipwrecked doesn't mean they can't be expanded upon.

1 minute ago, CremeLover said:

So we can't have a little more expensive raft that has more health/space?

Why should there be? You can already fit 1 tackle receptacle, 1 alchemy engine, 2 crock pots, 1 ice flingomatic, 1 fire pit, 1 bird cage, at least a dozen chests, multiple tin fishin' bins, several masts, a pinchin' winch, several ice boxes, and a bit more on the boat. Why do you need more?

4 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

(with a different shape)

And what shape would that be? The boats are a circle because they can't turn. A different shape would look really dumb. 

4 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Why not add a scalemail boat that makes them fireproof?

Why not put an ice flingomatic on the boat? Why not put a fire pump on the boat?

5 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Since they are just land platforms that float, might as well allow us to decorate them a bit.

And you can, a lot.

35 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Oooh i'd love different kinds of boats! But the kinds of boats I want are a bit unique to what people usually think of for different boats. I really wanna see stuff like lily pads, ice sheets in winter, or even turtle mobs! That all act like boats in that they can be hopped on and move around on the water. I'm really obsessed with the idea of those kind of "boats" for some reason. Hopefully we get some new kinds of boats, whether they be craftable or the kind of "boats" i just mentioned now.

Edit: Adding on, I think it'd be nice if we could replace the planks on the side of the boat with I dunno marble for extra durability, scales for fireproofness and the such.

I want the boats from shipwrecked (the way they look and the different design types such as bamboo, wood, seashell) but with the new mechanics and handling of DST boats.

Its taking the best parts of what DST does for boating and combines it with what Shipwrecked does (visually better) in terms of cosmetics.

Because being 100% honest: I just want boats that look like boats and bridges that look like bridges and NOT a round circular all purpose platform that does both.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Why should there be? You can already fit 1 tackle receptacle, 1 alchemy engine, 2 crock pots, 1 ice flingomatic, 1 fire pit, 1 bird cage, at least a dozen chests, multiple tin fishin' bins, several masts, a pinchin' winch, several ice boxes, and a bit more on the boat. Why do you need more?

Because not everyone wants to build a ship that's as crowded as a train in peak hours.

Why not put an ice flingomatic on the boat? Why not put a fire pump on the boat?

Yeah, there's already a solution to the problem, I suppose adding more variety in other aspects is pointless and offers no benefit whatsoever.

I'm glad you're happy with the current boat system, but since there was an ocean I was wondering what could be done to be expanded upon.
For example, I would like some different structures to place on the ocean, even if they cannot be moved to create some sort of ocean base, similar to this.
image.png.5caa258aee099a2ef13715f464d1f4f1.png

And yes, I know you can just place more boats one after another to get another similar effect, but if I wanted every single thing I build for decoration to look pretty much the same I woudln't use alternative skins.

Heck, you can even make ocean resources to create specific ocean structures, and expand upon the concept. Shipwrecked did this with the oil resource.

I want something you can do in the ocean and can make you spend time on it long term, instead of just sailing for the occasional fish/salt stack or just lunar Island trips every now and then. So I ask for ocean base.image.thumb.jpeg.a26da3b52fba36f20c5fef715d2dee13.jpeg

10 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

I'm glad you're happy with the current boat system, but since there was an ocean I was wondering what could be done to be expanded upon.

Yes, exactly. Instead of spending development time littering the nautical tab with a bunch of the same item except of slightly different sizes, they should spend time making the ocean itself better.

10 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

For example, I would like some different structures to place on the ocean, even if they cannot be moved to create some sort of ocean base, similar to this.
image.png.5caa258aee099a2ef13715f464d1f4f1.png

And yes, I know you can just place more boats one after another to get another similar effect, but if I wanted every single thing I build for decoration to look pretty much the same I woudln't use alternative skins.

Heck, you can even make ocean resources to create specific ocean structures, and expand upon the concept. Shipwrecked did this with the oil resource.

I want something you can do in the ocean and can make you spend time on it long term, instead of just sailing for the occasional fish/salt stack or just lunar Island trips every now and then. So I ask for ocean base.

That's a much better idea. I already create ocean bases every once in awhile just made out of a lot of boats, but if they could look more like ocean bases instead of just looking like a bunch of boats next to eachother that would be great. 

That's a much better idea. I already create ocean bases every once in awhile just made out of a loat of boats, but if they could look more like ocean bases instead of just looking like a bunch of boats next to eachother that would be great. 

I just wanted ocean structures that do specific things that can only be used in the ocean, like for example, the sea yard from shipwrecked so as to give it some purpose other than "just place a platform and do the exact same thing you did on the surface" that makes ocean a land 2.0 territory, as well as structures to build on top of water, that are not just circles, and that you can place close to each other like fences, to create a more connected surface and not jumping from ship to ship non-stop.

Just now, CremeLover said:

I just wanted ocean structures that do specific things that can only be used in the ocean, like for example, the sea yard from shipwrecked so as to give it some purpose other than "just place a platform and do the exact same thing you did on the surface" that makes ocean a land 2.0 territory, as well as structures to build on top of water, that are not just circles, and that you can place close to each other like fences, to create a more connected surface and not jumping from ship to ship non-stop.

Yes, and it's a great idea. It would be so much better than the current ocean boat bases. I'd also love if crops could be grown on those platforms, not sure if it would be a specific farmland-platform that's crafted or they can just have turf put on them to be convertable or something but it would be incredibly fun to be on an ocean base that actually looks good as you tend to crops and fish up some ocean fish. Would be great, I really hope something like that gets added.

Yes, and it's a great idea. It would be so much better than the current ocean boat bases. I'd also love if crops could be grown on those platforms, not sure if it would be a specific farmland-platform that's crafted or they can just have turf put on them to be convertable or something but it would be incredibly fun to be on an ocean base that actually looks good as you tend to crops and fish up some ocean fish. Would be great, I really hope something like that gets added.

Well, there could be some sort of greenhouse you could build in the water instead of the farming turfs, but my point was more towards adding things you can't do in the mainland. And you do them regularly.

You can try growing Lilies or Lotus flowers or something similar that has more of a purpose. Or maybe try gathering mussels or other kinds of food.

The only negative is that, if you start building, eventually you're going to end up making the boats pointless, as there isn't as much room to sail as there was in shipwrecked, and nowhere near enough ocean dangers. Shipwrecked had waves, wind, tornadoes, etc.

There are a lot of ways to expand ocean content, and you can even add different mechanics depending on the season. But I suppose you can always just add another boss and call it a day.

Just now, Dr. Safety said:

2 years with just 5 reworks for the original cast. They still have 7 to go lolimage.thumb.png.05741a97c0fc0758afe8039cf365c903.png 

Dont forget Warly also counted as a Refresh.

But that’s what I’m hopeful they will detail on their 2021 roadmap: Exactly how deep their Refreshes extend into.

is it ONLY the ones listed in your picture? Or does it also extend to Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wheeler, Wagstaff,

Or even Wurt, Wormwood, Wortox & Walter?

I would like to know if I’ll ever get to play in DST as Walani, or if she’s never coming & I can stop holding out hope for her.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

2 years with just 5 reworks for the original cast. They still have 7 to go lolimage.thumb.png.05741a97c0fc0758afe8039cf365c903.png 

I feel like there's going to be a rework for Maxwell or Webber next. As all the other characters are either very pooular meaning Klei might want to take their time with them. Or in the case of Wilson and Wes I don't even know how you would rework them without it being for april fools.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dont forget Warly also counted as a Refresh.

But that’s what I’m hopeful they will detail on their 2021 roadmap: Exactly how deep their Refreshes extend into.

is it ONLY the ones listed in your picture? Or does it also extend to Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wheeler, Wagstaff,

Or even Wurt, Wormwood, Wortox & Walter?

I would like to know if I’ll ever get to play in DST as Walani, or if she’s never coming & I can stop holding out hope for her.

I don't really count Warly as a refresh since as far as DST goes, he was new. I know it seems selfish of me since my dream came true when they added Warly, but I think that some love for the original cast is overdue. I certainly don't mind them toying with the idea of adding any more of the DLC characters to DST (even though I likely won't play as them), but I'd like them to worry about finishing the reworks for existing characters before tackling any new ones.

2 hours ago, Nutaneme said:

I feel like there's going to be a rework for Maxwell or Webber next. As all the other characters are either very pooular meaning Klei might want to take their time with them. Or in the case of Wilson and Wes I don't even know how you would rework them without it being for april fools.

Webber definitely. I consider him to be the weakest link since everyone who was worse than him previously has been reworked, leaving the poor boy in the dust. However Maxwell and Wilson I'd imagine will be left for last. They are the two playable characters who are the most important to the lore so when their reworks come out, I'm expecting some bombshells to be dropped.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the final RoT update included both of their reworks (and animated shorts) as well as some content finale that reveals what RoT has been working towards. I'd actually like it if the final rework is starring both Maxwell and Wilson. Seems fitting.

2 hours ago, Nutaneme said:

According to this snapshot from December 24 Wolfgang has a 6% popularity, Webber 5%, Wickerbottom 4%, and Maxwell 3%.

Spoiler

image.png.e165b6df3ac07ec6386382f19f139c9b.png

Im usually very happy with what klei churns out. Its not that I keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment, but rather that they have a good track record of coming up with great stuff. 

Forgotten knowledge and Reap what you sow where fantastic additions.

Heres to another great year for DST!

Archived