How to solo bosses with Wurt and merm army

I just unlocked Wurt and trying to experiment interesting way of solo bosses with her. For example, beequeen, dragonfly, or even ruins.

So far, I have just made a trial to kill beequeen with about 25 merm soldiers with beehat, but ended up with quite the opposite. At an army size of 25, feedin them and bringing them to the spot is already a difficult task. They lose aggro quite easily. I am thinking about maybe building a wall around bosses so that merms stay inside even when they lose friendness points. And ofc, build merm bases near each bosses.

Any other ideas are also welcome.

Ive always built merm homes around bee queen's spawning point. They respawn very quickly so there is no need to have bee keeper hats if you build there. If you also build no king I believe thay may even auto aggro onto beequeen because of how territorial thay are. If you build base in the swamp I would rely on the merms from the run down shacks for basic stuff like chopping down trees early on. Besides bee queen, and maybe dragonfly, Wurt can kill the other bosses on her own so I would advise against spreading your army thin around your world. If you keep moving them around you'll end up losing them to the poor a.i., In fact, I would just use bunnymen for dragonfly.

25 are more than enough to kill bee queen or Dragonfly. Try getting stonefruit bushes and getting at least 4 ripe stone fruits per merm (The Merms can help you open them). That will give you more than enough time for any boss fight.
Also try fighting yourself as well as if you were alone, with a marble suit and a bee hat. The fight will be pretty short anyway.

To kill dflyit’s almost the same thing, 4 ripe stone fruits per merm, but make sure to surround every lava pool in walls before the fight, the merms are dumb and will take more damage from burning at the lava ponds than from dfly herself. Also have a panflute at hand, since enraged Dfly can kill all the Merms at once.

Bonus tip: You can command all the Merms to attack at once a single target from a distance, by using a boomerang and cancelling the animation before you throw it.

27 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Ive always built merm homes around bee queen's spawning point. They respawn very quickly so there is no need to have bee keeper hats if you build there. If you also build no king I believe thay may even auto aggro onto beequeen because of how territorial thay are. If you build base in the swamp I would rely on the merms from the run down shacks for basic stuff like chopping down trees early on. Besides bee queen, and maybe dragonfly, Wurt can kill the other bosses on her own so I would advise against spreading your army thin around your world. If you keep moving them around you'll end up losing them to the poor a.i., In fact, I would just use bunnymen for dragonfly.

I am not worried about they die, but the fact that they die before they kill bee queen. But maybe there is no point in giving them hats anyway.

Thanks for the advice.

19 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

25 are more than enough to kill bee queen or Dragonfly. Try getting stonefruit bushes and getting at least 4 ripe stone fruits per merm (The Merms can help you open them). That will give you more than enough time for any boss fight.
Also try fighting yourself as well as if you were alone, with a marble suit and a bee hat. The fight will be pretty short anyway.

To kill dflyit’s almost the same thing, 4 ripe stone fruits per merm, but make sure to surround every lava pool in walls before the fight, the merms are dumb and will take more damage from burning at the lava ponds than from dfly herself. Also have a panflute at hand, since enraged Dfly can kill all the Merms at once.

Bonus tip: You can command all the Merms to attack at once a single target from a distance, by using a boomerang and cancelling the animation before you throw it.

Thanks a lot for the boomrang tip.

39 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

They respawn very quickly so there is no need to have bee keeper hats if you build there. If you also build no king I believe thay may even auto aggro onto beequeen because of how territorial thay are.

The merms have awful stats and don't respawn without the King.

Ever since the farming update, I've been using Dragonpies to befriend merms. Stone fruit is cool and all but I don't like having to give 4 of it to each individual. I've managed to kill Bee Queen with 10 merms equipped with beekeeper hats, so that's 10 dragonpies and a whole lotta silk (that I got from planting spider dens at my flortifications for an auto spider farm)

14 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The merms have awful stats and don't respawn without the King

I knew about warriors not respawning with out the king and there damage and speed penalty. But what about regular merms? I guess they would be no better than pigs. What about transforming them midway once theyve been aggroed? Does that work?

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I knew about warriors not respawning with out the king and there damage and speed penalty. But what about regular merms? I guess they would be no better than pigs.

Your statement was confusing because regular Merms don't respawn very quickly (2 days), and the guards that DO respawn very quickly (half a day) require the king to be alive. It seemed like you were trying to explain some kind of boss killing mechanism that didn't require the player to actively fight.

2 hours ago, 1973 said:

[...]

So far, I have just made a trial to kill beequeen with about 25 merm soldiers with beehat, but ended up with quite the opposite. At an army size of 25, feedin them and bringing them to the spot is already a difficult task. They lose aggro quite easily.

[...]

merms follow your lead, they can lose aggro unless you're actively hitting your targets, that might have been the reason. if you master focusing their attacks, you can even use them to help you with Klaus, just refocus their aggro if the deer freezes them, otherwise it's gonna be... problematic.

25 should be more than capable of dealing with bee queen, but with that many, you could probably kill dragonfly without building walls if you can get around enrages. btw, you can throw bunnymen into the mix, too, merms aren't the only slaves Wurt can use.

45 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Your statement was confusing because regular Merms don't respawn very quickly (2 days), and the guards that DO respawn very quickly (half a day) require the king to be alive. It seemed like you were trying to explain some kind of boss killing mechanism that didn't require the player to actively fight.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of clarification. They were two different strategies and I didn't bother to separate them because I wasn't sure on the viability on the latter. I tend to always have a king and didn't even know they aggroed with no king which is why I said "I believe". I shouldn't be posting strategies I haven't verified first-hand, my apologies. 

Do you happen to know if transforming them midway works? Like after they have engaged? I wish merms would attack any foreign enemy that comes close to the king like actual guards.

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Yeah, sorry for the lack of clarification. They were two different strategies and I didn't bother to separate them because I wasn't sure on the viability on the latter. I tend to always have a king and didn't even know they aggroed with no king which is why I said "I believe". I shouldn't be posting strategies I haven't verified first-hand, my apologies. 

Do you happen to know if transforming them midway works? Like after they have engaged? I wish merms would attack any foreign enemy that comes close to the king like actual guards.

I believe their health is reset to full whenever they gain or lose the King buff. I don't think they'll drop their current target when they turn, but their aggro choice behavior should change immediately.

I also believe they don't target most mobs that come near their home, just ones tagged as "characters" like Chester, pigs, bunnymen, etc... No bosses are tagged as such as far as I know.

12 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I knew about warriors not respawning with out the king and there damage and speed penalty. But what about regular merms? I guess they would be no better than pigs. What about transforming them midway once theyve been aggroed? Does that work?

You knew what? Who said that probably didn't even touch Wurt seriously before. Merms are the best allies, they are way better than Rabbits or Pigs. Merms *ARE THE REASON* why Wurt is a higher tier than Maxwell and Woodie.

The houses are extremely cheap. I suggest you to bring all sorts of Merms you have. (Do not focus on one. Classic Merms are the best workers in the game because they don't have 1 HP, they can fight and available 7/24 at the cost of a seed or less. And warrior ones are just a straight upgrade to Wolfgang as you can reach the most DPS possible.)

You already stated the most important part: You don’t bring your Kingdom of Merms to the boss from way across the map.. You build your Kingdom NEAR that boss so you can easily recruit Merms without losing them.

For Deerclops & Bearger in particular they will even follow you if you know how: Just kite them into a large swamp full of not just your own Merm shacks but the games pre-built ones as well (Pre-Built Mermshacks can house like 4+ Merms at once) 

It also probably wouldn’t hurt to equip your Merms in head armor (yes you can do that)

Most Bosses do ridiculous damage to non player Mobs though so it’ll take skill, patience, and a whole lot of trail and error on your behalf.

20 hours ago, douan33 said:

And warrior ones are just a straight upgrade to Wolfgang as you can reach the most DPS possible.)

Ok, i'll bite. Can you kindly post a video of you using merms to kill deerclops, bearger, toadstool, crabking, klaus and malbatross. I would like to see them outpace a mighty Wolfgang, as you claim. 

Bunnymen have better dps than warrior merms on bosses without epic screeching, that is an indisputable fact. They may be far better than pigs at gathering, but pig farms are still a necessity to the average wurt player (outside of those skilled enough to rely solely of thelucite crowns). 

I am not disputing their uses and they shine in what they do, sure. However, their purpose is very limited. In every world I have ever created bunnymen are only ever used to kill beequeen. Every other boss does not need them and I can kill on my own. Merms and merm warriors are the biggest tool in Wurt's kit and it sucks that they only serve two purposes, fighting single target bosses and gathering.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:19 AM, douan33 said:

And warrior ones are just a straight upgrade to Wolfgang as you can reach the most DPS possible

can you? Spicy spring fatman would down Klaus in ~45 seconds, Deerclops in ~20, BQ and DF in 90-120 seconds, Fuelveawer in ~60, Toadstool in <3 min. Can merms come close? I'm not experienced enough with Wurt to have an opinion on this, I'm just asking.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:55 AM, HowlVoid said:

Ok, i'll bite. Can you kindly post a video of you using merms to kill deerclops, bearger, toadstool, crabking, klaus and malbatross. I would like to see them outpace a mighty Wolfgang, as you claim. 

Bunnymen have better dps than warrior merms on bosses without epic screeching, that is an indisputable fact. They may be far better than pigs at gathering, but pig farms are still a necessity to the average wurt player (outside of those skilled enough to rely solely of thelucite crowns). 

I am not disputing their uses and they shine in what they do, sure. However, their purpose is very limited. In every world I have ever created bunnymen are only ever used to kill beequeen. Every other boss does not need them and I can kill on my own. Merms and merm warriors are the biggest tool in Wurt's kit and it sucks that they only serve two purposes, fighting single target bosses and gathering.

No, I can not download a recording software and possibly pay to record a video for you. I also would not like to play with 13 FPS because I wanted to prove that Merms can kite. It is OF COURSE possible to kill Deerclops with Merms. Just because it has an AoE attack doesn't limit your allies.

I am pretty sure if you actually launch the game yourself and spawn 20 allies, you can kill every boss you listed including Bearger if you are putting an effort into it too.

I still agree that Wurt still needs a pig farm unless you are using a duping glitch to dupe your pig skins, which exists according to Glermz and EdgyRick.

If you think merms have a limited use, you probably hardly ever used Merms. There are TONS of content other than bosses you know, in a world where Wormwood can kill every boss with no armor and only using fists, it doesn't matter if you are skilled enough to kill Deerclops in 45 seconds using the character that is supposed to do that anyways.

I personally used the merms before for,

Clearing the Lunar spiders, hound protection, clearing the pig farm for emergency pig skin, collecting 2000+ wood in a day, clearing the swamp, the moonstone event, killing Fuelwaver; Ancient Guardian, Beequeen, Deerclops, Fruitfly, Dragonfly; gathering gold via both Merm King and rocks, gathering seeds for the newest farm update via Merm King (and other useful stuff too such as dedicated seeds, tentacle spot and kelps), clearing the bee biome, and A LOT MORE because you can not compare a character considering their boss killing skills which Wurt is so much better than most of the characters. Not to mention that these mentioned above are better done with Wurt than Woodie or Maxwell (and most of the other characters)

Wurt is so good under the right hands, I highly recommend you to stop playing Wolfgang and giving Wendy, Wurt and Winona a try. They all look like beginner characters but Winona can and will be a straight upgrade to Wolfgang in late game, and if you still want power Wendy is the second hardest hitting character in the game. And Wurt benefits so much from not equipping a hambat and a football helmet and tanking stuff. It is truly a shame to think a character is overall bad because it takes them more than 45 seconds (potentially less via Merms) fighting the first seasonal boss ever.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, BeeClops said:

can you? Spicy spring fatman would down Klaus in ~45 seconds, Deerclops in ~20, BQ and DF in 90-120 seconds, Fuelveawer in ~60, Toadstool in <3 min. Can merms come close? I'm not experienced enough with Wurt to have an opinion on this, I'm just asking.

No. If we are considering character switching there is no reason at all to argue this. Just pick Wurt gather 500 seeds then Wormwood then Warly then Wolfgang and you are done forever.

On 1/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, BeeClops said:

not OP, but... maybe?

throw enough merms at BQ or DF and they die, even without walling off anything, that's a given. what's interesting is how they can actually help you kill Klaus out of all the bosses. merms instantly switch aggro if you attack something, so as long as you refocus their attacks after each time they're frozen/lit up, they are all going to reliably go for Klaus... but seeing as how they do 50 damage a hit, dare not pay attention for a second, and they're gonna splatter the deer.

...and now I have to try out what happens if you don't attack yourself, just direct merms like a conductor of death with an ice staff and maybe throwing a few water balloons to put 'em out. goddammit. at least it sounds hilarious, though.

so to answer the original question, they're fast, but probably not Wolfgang fast... but he's *the* boss killer, so that's not all that surprising.

1 hour ago, douan33 said:

I am pretty sure if you actually launch the game yourself and spawn 20 allies, you can kill every boss you listed including Bearger if you are putting an effort into it too

To kill bearger with merms you will need like 500 and im not sure if it will work

He kills all the merms with 2 or 3 atacks

Wurt can have a lot of dps with her merms but wolfgang can use bunnymen to so if we take in count armies with no limit of resources will still winning wolfgag

On 1/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

To kill bearger with merms you will need like 500 and im not sure if it will work

He kills all the merms with 2 or 3 atacks

Wurt can have a lot of dps with her merms but wolfgang can use bunnymen to so if we take in count armies with no limit of resources will still winning wolfgag

Maybe the problem is that we are (not me, but you and the other guy) is comparing monster allies (usually takes 2x - 3x times more damage from everything) with a character that was meant to kill mobs faster than usual. 

Currently the weakest solo characters are Wormwood, Walter and Wes. Yet they  can theorically fist Fuelwaver to death.

(I hope I got your point right. Because to be honest I had to read what you said more than a few times.)

if you wonder how many merm guards u need for shadow pieces then i'll tell you this way:
12 merm guards, frist knight, then bishop, rook last. Knight and Bishop died in blink of an eye, but oh boy... oh man... rook wasn't really polite for them

Spoiler

rook chomped all of the merms and i basically had to kill him alone, but still, the fight was funny af, fully recomended

On 1/29/2021 at 3:24 AM, douan33 said:

No, I can not download a recording software and possibly pay to record a video for you. I also would not like to play with 13 FPS because I wanted to prove that Merms can kite. It is OF COURSE possible to kill Deerclops with Merms. Just because it has an AoE attack doesn't limit your allies.

It does limit your allies. They will all wipe together. I have never seen an example of mobs kiting (kiting successfully. The a.i. is essentially just running back and forth) so either you're lying or you have a strategy no one has thought of in the franchises 16ish years of existing.

I am pretty sure if you actually launch the game yourself and spawn 20 allies, you can kill every boss you listed including Bearger if you are putting an effort into it too.

Im on console. I did however throw 30 bunnymen at bearger once because I knew they would all quickly die and I needed the puffs.

I still agree that Wurt still needs a pig farm unless you are using a duping glitch to dupe your pig skins, which exists according to Glermz and EdgyRick.

Never heard of this glitch.

If you think merms have a limited use, you probably hardly ever used Merms. There are TONS of content other than bosses you know, in a world where Wormwood can kill every boss with no armor and only using fists, it doesn't matter if you are skilled enough to kill Deerclops in 45 seconds using the character that is supposed to do that anyways.

The uses I mentioned for merms where for a reason. They shine when it comes to gathering, the other stuff is irrelevant because every other ally mob can do it too. 

I personally used the merms before for,

Clearing the Lunar spiders, hound protection, clearing the pig farm for emergency pig skin, collecting 2000+ wood in a day,

Lunar island spiders are extremely easy to kite and kill. Pigs can be told to kill each other and it cascades into an all out war at the price of 1 meat. 2000 wood in a 8minute day is literally impossible. That's  over 500 trees. Even with an infinite amount of merms only a few can gather around a single tree and they cant stray from the player. If your begining to lie I'm not sure I can trust anything else you say. 

clearing the swamp, the moonstone event, killing Fuelwaver; Ancient Guardian, Beequeen, Deerclops, Fruitfly, Dragonfly;

Again, I know they can kill single target bosses.

gathering gold via both Merm King and rocks,

Merm king does not give gold, again, you're lying.

gathering seeds for the newest farm update via Merm King (and other useful stuff too such as dedicated seeds, tentacle spot and kelps), clearing the bee biome,

I guess... Those items are mostly useless though? Seeds are not needed past the first year and then you are better off using dedicated seed you get from farming. The merm King's rng isnt worth the trouble. Honey is better than kelp imo and that's even if you cant harvest in winter. 

and A LOT MORE because you can not compare a character considering their boss killing skills which Wurt is so much better than most of the characters. Not to mention that these mentioned above are better done with Wurt than Woodie or Maxwell (and most of the other characters)

Wurt does default damage she is no better at fighting than Wilson. She has 0 fighting perks (unless you count fighting with slippery weapons). The only fight merms will out dps bunnymen is against bee queen. Once you have 60 bunny hutches her epic screeching doesn't even matter.

Wurt is so good under the right hands,

This is true for every character, including Wes. Im not arguing that. My point is that most of her perks can be replaced by items or mobs, which in my opinion, is unfair to her. Can you replace how cheap Wigfrids helmets are? No. Can you replace how easy Wormwood can obtain living logs? No. Can you replace Warly's seasonings? No. Can you replace merms? Yes, with bearger for wood chopping and bunnymen for killing enemies. 

I highly recommend you to stop playing Wolfgang and giving Wendy, Wurt and Winona a try

I used to main Wendy and was bored because of how powerful she is. I currently main Wormwood. 

They all look like beginner characters but Winona can and will be a straight upgrade to Wolfgang in late game

Only if switching via the floridpostern isn't allowed.

, and if you still want power Wendy is the second hardest hitting character in the game.

Not sure why you keep bringing up other characters when we are discussing Wurt's Merms.

And Wurt benefits so much from not equipping a hambat and a football helmet and tanking stuff. It is truly a shame to think a character is overall bad because it takes them more than 45 seconds (potentially less via Merms) fighting the first seasonal boss ever.

She WHAT?! You're telling me Wurt has some sort of pseudo advantage from not equipping weapons and armor? That's the first Ive ever heard of it, I hope your not spreading further misinformation. Wurt would have to dedicate a great deal of time to build enough merm guards to even dent deerclops. I think you mean for her merms to last only 45 seconds to the deerclops.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Just thought I'd  bring this up but due to the lunar grotto wormwood's living log ability can be replaced as you can farm living logs there very fast, also while there's nothing wigfrids helms are nice and cheap there's better armor and pigskins do just fine it has more durability but that doesn't matter much if you have alot of pig skins. Wurt does boast her own advantages it's just that most people don't use followers as much as kiel would think tho part of it is due to merms not being fully programmed like being able to tell you when their loyalty is close to expiring.

One of the big strengths of merms is that you can take them anywhere they don't sleep so as long as you have something to spare you can have extra fighters/harvesters with you that are durable enough to not die quickly, powerful enough to make quick work of most threats, and fast enough to not be left behind. They don't have the burst dps of bunnymen but they have longevity they are your pack that work for cheaper than most mobs while having bonus loyalty time if you give them the right things. I feel it deserves mentioning but also while a unintended perk I'm guessing wurt also gets a nice advantage from the heat and cold fish by holding them on opposite seasons. That's not to say wurt isn't without her flaws tho merms not being able to find their way home and merms not being able to tell you their contract is ending soon tho I still hold out hope that kiel might address these someday or atleast let us know that they won't/can't so I can stop holding out hope.

Edit: I do wish they'd remove trinkets from merm king or give them a purpose for wurt too tho.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Just thought I'd  bring this up but due to the lunar grotto wormwood's living log ability can be replaced as you can farm living logs there very fast,

I keep forgetting they exist. I hope you get what I meant though... I would love for her to have something more unique. 

also while there's nothing wigfrids helms are nice and cheap there's better armor and pigskins do just fine it has more durability but that doesn't matter much if you have alot of pig skins.

Right. I meant only what I said, that there is no cheaper armor. Gold and stone can be obtained in mass far faster than any other source. A flingo targeting larvae during a dragonfly fight will net you a little over 2 stacks of stone. Ruins trinkets given to the pig king will net hundreds of gold. These can be accumulated with relative ease and minimal set-up. Pig skin is great but it does need a little more set up so I was regarding only how cheep her helmets are. 

Wurt does boast her own advantages it's just that most people don't use followers as much as kiel would think tho part of it is due to merms not being fully programmed like being able to tell you when their loyalty is close to expiring.

I would absolutely love it if Klei fleshed them out, rather then the afterthought they currently are. Wurt is a merm and her monster type currently lacks so much creative potential. She could have a good weapon-less punch, swim, fish with no rod, minor darkness sight (like see outlines but still be vulnerable to charlie) and all these other things we see merms do. Compared to Wilba, Wurt was done dirty and is more expensive.

One of the big strengths of merms is that you can take them anywhere they don't sleep so as long as you have something to spare you can have extra fighters/harvesters with you that are durable enough to not die quickly,

I get that, but like, the only place that come to mind are the ruins. The game world isn't exactly big.

powerful enough to make quick work of most threats

Define a threat. Spiders? Hounds? The lesser mobs of the world arent exactly hard to counter...

, and fast enough to not be left behind.

Bunnymen are very fast and will down hordes of spiders. 

They don't have the burst dps of bunnymen but they have longevity

Agree to disagree. Faster dps means the target wont live as long to do as much damage.

they are your pack that work for cheaper than most mobs

Unfortunately due to reap what you sow carrots are cheaper than bird dropped seeds. You place 40 in the ground and forget about them; if you have the friendly fruitfly.  You pick them, get the carrot seeds back, and rinse and repeat.  Bunnymen are as cheap to recruit as merms.

while having bonus loyalty time if you give them the right things.

Oh. I didn't now this! Can you explain? (This isn't sarcasm btw.) 

I feel it deserves mentioning but also while a unintended perk I'm guessing wurt also gets a nice advantage from the heat and cold fish by holding them on opposite seasons.

I knew this. Its cool. A lot of her perks are weird, meh, stuff. This is one of the actual useful ones.

That's not to say wurt isn't without her flaws tho merms not being able to find their way home and merms not being able to tell you their contract is ending soon tho I still hold out hope that kiel might address these someday or atleast let us know that they won't/can't so I can stop holding out hope.

They need to do far more than this! This is why I always make a case against Wurt's merms. Not because I hate her, but because she deserves to be fleshed out more. She is so ducking cool, her halloween skin is so ducking cool. I love the non-human character the most, but out of all them, Wurt got the short straw (Wormwood needs a bit more love too).

Edit: I do wish they'd remove trinkets from merm king or give them a purpose for wurt too tho.

Yes! I honestly hate the Mermking... I wish Wurt was the merm QUEEN. Like merms would surround and protect her when she is in proximity to their home for free. She builds their homes, protects and leads them but yet she is somehow "the runt".

22 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I keep forgetting they exist. I hope you get what I meant though... I would love for her to have something more unique. 

Right. I meant only what I said, that there is no cheaper armor. Gold and stone can be obtained in mass far faster than any other source. A flingo targeting larvae during a dragonfly fight will net you a little over 2 stacks of stone. Ruins trinkets given to the pig king will net hundreds of gold. These can be accumulated with relative ease and minimal set-up. Pig skin is great but it does need a little more set up so I was regarding only how cheep her helmets are. 

I would absolutely love it if Klei fleshed them out, rather then the afterthought they currently are. Wurt is a merm and her monster type currently lacks so much creative potential. She could have a good weapon-less punch, swim, fish with no rod, minor darkness sight (like see outlines but still be vulnerable to charlie) and all these other things we see merms do. Compared to Wilba, Wurt was done dirty and is more expensive.

I get that, but like, the only place that come to mind are the ruins. The game world isn't exactly big.

Define a threat. Spiders? Hounds? The lesser mobs of the world arent exactly hard to counter...

Bunnymen are very fast and will down hordes of spiders. 

Agree to disagree. Faster dps means the target wont live as long to do as much damage.

Unfortunately due to reap what you sow carrots are cheaper than bird dropped seeds. You place 40 in the ground and forget about them; if you have the friendly fruitfly.  You pick them, get the carrot seeds back, and rinse and repeat.  Bunnymen are as cheap to recruit as merms.

Oh. I didn't now this! Can you explain? (This isn't sarcasm btw.) 

I knew this. Its cool. A lot of her perks are weird, meh, stuff. This is one of the actual useful ones.

They need to do far more than this! This is why I always make a case against Wurt's merms. Not because I hate her, but because she deserves to be fleshed out more. She is so ducking cool, her halloween skin is so ducking cool. I love the non-human character the most, but out of all them, Wurt got the short straw (Wormwood needs a bit more love too).

Yes! I honestly hate the Mermking... I wish Wurt was the merm QUEEN. Like merms would surround and protect her when she is in proximity to their home for free. She builds their homes, protects and leads them but yet she is somehow "the runt".

I can agree with feeling like they could have handled wurt better there are alot of things that do feel unfinished about her.

As far as the loyalty thing goes all merms aside from the merm king get the same hunger bonus as wurt but translated into loyalty so you take a fruit or vegi and add 33% to it's value.

While bunnymen are cheap to recruit they won't work as well as merms for long term trips due to needing to sleep in my mind merms are intended to be brought with you as you explore adding to your fighting force and harvesting ability and made easier through the hunger bonus various ways to feed them even if this is hindered by their unfinished ai.

Your not wrong tho the merm king should have been more impactful considering the worthless item RNG, costly building materials, and constant upkeep even having a set amount of free merm followers wouldn't have been too fetched all things considered they also could make her abit truer to her quotes..

Also this is kinda a small thing but...

Wurt isn't considered a monster merms in general aren't which lead some interesting character interactions.

Archived