Let Pearl the Hermit Crab able to actually catch fish.

2063177400_GIF2021-01-197-34-12PM.gif.96d227cf6282de5762abf98daea4b69c.gif

As it's currently programmed, Pearl can't actually do the ocean fishing catch action to get her fish. She'll constantly reel and reel even if the fish is right next to her. I ask you Klei, I ask you why do this to the poor woman? WHY? It pains me every day to know Pearl will never be able to catch a fish and it makes me sad. Sure the player could just steal the fish when she catches it but I assure you Klei I will do no such disgusting sin of stealing from this kind old woman, so please, above all else, above Year of the Beefalo, above the Return of Them expansion. Please let this wonderful crabby grandma catch her damned fish.

I can not believe that we have never known of this injustice.
This is quite simply disgusting and wrong. 

I will not stand for such vile acts being done by the developers of my favourite Sandbox Survival game Don't Starve: Together.

We as a community need to stand up against this.

8 hours ago, AileTheAlien said:

But if she catches fish, then she needs AI to walk over to the drying racks and use them.

She actually does! She occasionally walks over to the drying racks to harvest them if theres anything on them.and then eats the thing she harvested. It's pretty cute to see :)

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

She actually does! She occasionally walks over to the drying racks to harvest them if theres anything on them.and then eats the thing she harvested. It's pretty cute to see :)

What’s not cute to see is a day 200+ hound wave spawn on pearls island & that evil crab lady locks her doors up tight meanwhile my poor Willow gets chewed on meat bones and all right outside her window.

Shes probably too busy listening to that music you hear coming from her shack or counting her shell collection to even hear my cries of agony & then the doggies crunching on the remains outside her window, no doubt all probably growling and fighting over my rib bones or something.

There’s no room to run if your caught in a hound wave on pearls island... your just sort of screwed. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What’s not cute to see is a day 200+ hound wave spawn on pearls island & that evil crab lady locks her doors up tight meanwhile my poor Willow gets chewed on meat bones and all right outside her window.

Shes probably too busy listening to that music you hear coming from her shack or counting her shell collection to even hear my cries of agony & then the doggies crunching on the remains outside her window, no doubt all probably growling and fighting over my rib bones or something.

There’s no room to run if your caught in a hound wave on pearls island... your just sort of screwed. :lol:

mike......you're off topic..........as always 

10 hours ago, Hornete said:

She occasionally walks over to the drying racks to harvest them

Yeah, I meant for adding things onto the racks. It's a bit annoying, since she can only steal resources from you, and not add her own fish. My point is, they have to draw the line somewhere with the AI for NPCs, and adding interactions with normal farming, harvesting, and other objects could be a big slippery slope into a can of worms. Players have a large number of things they could build on her island, that would seem the same as her using the drying racks. If it was all fake fish that just played animations for her, without it being possible for players to interact with her drying racks in any way, that'd be fine by me.

Archived