• Geyser calculated average
    • Deconstructable POI Props
    • Plan buildings without materials
    • Build dirt tiles
    • Research/Sink/Starmap Queue
    • Show building range
    • I play without MODS
    • I play with other MODS

This poll is made based on my previous forum question and I really hope the devs take action based on most voted. I'd like to ask all voters to restrict the voting to only 4 choices so we can prioritize these mods.

I'd like to point out that :

The DLC is in ALPHA state. A. L. P. H. A.

I"ll write it larger : ALPHA

Meaning that this DLC is not finished yet, so everything are subject to change, and can change at a fast pace, so adding mods support shall not be the priority. First the DLC shall be polished enough.

Adding the possibility for people to modifiy a game that is not perfectly stable for now is really not a good idead for having good debug feedback.

8 minutes ago, Brachypelmax said:

I'd like to point out that :

The DLC is in ALPHA state. A. L. P. H. A.

I"ll write it larger : ALPHA

Meaning that this DLC is not finished yet, so everything are subject to change, and can change at a fast pace, so adding mods support shall not be the priority. First the DLC shall be polished enough.

Adding the possibility for people to modifiy a game that is not perfectly stable for now is really not a good idead for having good debug feedback.

Mods are for the developers to take notice of what could be a good idea to implement, the most popular/clever mods could make it into the base game, the time is now (by being "ALPHA").

13 hours ago, Nedix said:

@Brachypelmax The poll is not to complain about the DLC nor to berate the state it is in (alpha or unfinished) but, as @melquiades astutely pointed out, it is intended to "tell" the developers what the audience finds useful and needed to implement in the base game.

Yeah sorry, I over reacted. I see a lot people complaining, like "what this dlc is bad cause no content" and it keeps triggering me all the time xD

From the mods that are not listed here, I'm missing System Clock that prints real life time. Really handy if one can play until 5am without noticing.

Another one would be diseases restored, I believe we could have some option to make germs more dangerous in base game.

I would also hug some visual mods to customize my base.

Good idea for the poll! I voted Pliers, Deconstructable POI, Plan without materials and Building Ranges. Would pick buildabe dirt tile, but this feels soo goood that nearly OP and devs may prefer not to do this

6 minutes ago, Nedix said:

listing them would have made the poll too long and too diluted

Well, I didn't asked to list every mod in the poll. Just a single generic poll option, like

59 minutes ago, Meltdown said:

"I play with other mods"

The worst thing somebody can do when playing an early acces game is to feel as a purist, because everything about the game can change, and new stuff can finally made it into the base game, including mods.

Anyway,

I was playing with so many mods on my old base, but most of them weren't really game changing, the one completely breaking the way the game was played was the solid filter mod that allowed you to filter several kinds of materials with just a single device. That mod is glorious. There was no need to build gigantic and/or clunky sorting facilities.

On the other hand, I also NEEDED the mod to flip the other way the liquid reservoir (like what the hell Klei seriously? XD).

On 1/1/2021 at 7:46 PM, melquiades said:

Mods are for the developers to take notice of what could be a good idea to implement, the most popular/clever mods could make it into the base game, the time is now (by being "ALPHA").

Most of this mods are around for a long time now. And they are not in the base game either. I dont think KLEI will add anything of this to the game. Neither base, nor DLC. Thats what mods are for. If you want to change something in the game, use a mod.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Most of this mods are around for a long time now. And they are not in the base game either. I dont think KLEI will add anything of this to the game. Neither base, nor DLC.

Maybe those mods are not in the game because adding those QoL changes has lower priority than optimization, bug fixes and new content. It is possible that devs just never got to that part of their to do list.

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Most of this mods are around for a long time now. And they are not in the base game either. I dont think KLEI will add anything of this to the game. Neither base, nor DLC. Thats what mods are for. If you want to change something in the game, use a mod.

You know, there are wacky mods that change the game completly and there are simple changes that IMO should be included into the game. No matter how much content KLEI will add to the game, you can always say "MOAR MORPHS AND PLANTZ PLZ" and those can be resolved with mods. But around 20% of DLC feedback contains "devs, pls, deconstructable POI..." - and IMO this should never require mod...

That was exactly the point of the poll and I do hope the devs will care about our feedback. Aside the wacky mods which either add a very specific thing to the game or change the gameplay entirely, there are a handful of mods which make a lot of sense in the context of the game itself. These mods do not change the gameplay, they only improve the experience.

Deconstructable poi, holy heck, even if i don't get anything from deleting those lockers or office tables or fancypants ladders, please give me that.

Pliers is more useful early on when you don't quite plan ahead and end up rejigging your pipe/wires spaghetti. Later on you don't quite do that very often so it loses its value.

Natural tiles, because setting up all those massive algae-to-dirt facilities... just too lazy for that.

Building range... i still don't quite understand why only robo-hand and dupe sensor get special treatment while no others do.

tbh I expected more people will vote and comment on this thread given that a lot (of us) miss some of the old mods. Does anyone know if I, a regular user, can do something to keep it on top of all threads or an admin needs to do that?

Archived