Quality of Life Update Concept

Heya! I lurk here alot, I came up with a QOL update concept that'd fix some bugs in solo and dst.

—Vanilla—

Add inspects for the previous QOL items, like the mini sign.

Fix the brush crash.

The Salt Lick just, doesn’t work.

Salt Box would be a nice addition, but not really required.

im begging for the terra firma tamper man, it could be locked behind guardian or something

Respawnable guardian would be nice.

—ROG—

Please give us something to use our boss drops on, maybe bearger and moose goose turf?

Tumbleweeds like to just, cease existing sometimes.

Things get stuck out of the map, they either disappear if hamlet is on, or get stuck if it’s not. It gets really annoying.

—SW—

Please, please, please. Fix the Flup and Bioluminescence spawners.

why does eyeshot kill cormorants whwh

Fix Jesus mobs, aka mobs walking on water, and fix god fish, aka ocean mobs spawning on land.

Maybe give the magic seal another use? I got a few laying around and the sail stick howling conch thing is situational and isn’t useful all the time.

Seaweed should dry in .25 days or .5 days.

—HAM—

Bats crash your game if you turn them off and they spawn. It’s annoying.

why do stalking sticks have durability man just give them a really long spoilage timer

Jesus mob fix, as well as no lily pads on land.

Piglets aren’t in the game and I still don’t understand why

Infinite Fiesta is kind of op, maybe a bug fix for that?

—DST—

A potential fix to Wortox gathering souls from Spiny Bindweeds, I’d say this is op but it really just makes me overcharge so it’s kind of annoying.

Why is hammering a Tent Roll the only way of getting it back? Walter could do a long-ish animation to wrap it back up.

Options to edit new update stuff in world gen, like lunar island stuff n such. Maybe even a way to disable it?

why can pearl die it’s just mean

Ability to get costume skins very rarely from gifts during Hallowed Nights, you did it with snowfallen and merrymaker skins during winters feast, it’d be nice getting the skins that gave me a million candy. Also give all characters costume skins. Wormwood could be, I don’t know, a catcoon.

Woby and Lucy skins, for vanity.

Lucy needs lines for when she’s clean sweeped or during the forge event.

A use for fire nettle fronds needs to exist, even if they’re just for visuals or something, maybe a crockpot recipe that increases speed by like, 15%?

Tumbleweed blueprint for moon callers staff, requires a iridescent gem though so it just kind of exists if you for some reason didn’t need that gem.

These are some suggestions that might round out the game and fix a few bugs and tweak a few things.

1 hour ago, TheGreatAlfini said:

why do stalking sticks have durability man just give them a really long spoilage timer

You can fix it with sewing kit or just farm another

1 hour ago, TheGreatAlfini said:

Piglets aren’t in the game and I still don’t understand why

For the same reason meat dropped when a player dies was removed, some people dont want other people to have fun with things they dont like

19 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

some people dont want other people to have fun with things they dont like

Piglets were just a simple idea that was scrapped.
It would be nice to see them, considering Wilba though.

You can't point human meat and piglets being unused thanks to the cancel mobtm, this was just klei's opinion and rightfully they removed it.

Klei just makes concepts and scraps those that don't fit the image. That's kinda a basic development tactic.

19 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Piglets were just a simple idea that was scrapped.
It would be nice to see them, considering Wilba though.

You can't point human meat and piglets being unused thanks to the cancel mobtm, this was just klei's opinion and rightfully they removed it.

Klei just makes concepts and scraps those that don't fit the image. That's kinda a basic development tactic.

Klei know it was so tetric that some people will complain

I want my little kids pen and eat my friends death body  :_

7 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:Klei just makes concepts and scraps those that don't fit the image. That's kinda a basic development tactic.

Some of those concepts that ended up scrapped players wanted to see in the game though- like the Clockwork Pawn, and Catcoon Beefalo beast thing. :( 

Some things I came up with:

Mobs being able to retarget and hit players that they're not even facing. 

Speeding up the animation to activate a crock pot so it's comparable to opening and pressing the "cook" button.

Being able to use Magiluminecence as goose?

The stupid pillars blocking the view in the Atrium.

Make Slurtle mounds able to regenerate health over time.

Remove small peninsulas in the caves that contain absolutely nothing of use. 

Allow Bernie to be shrunk on command. 

I get it, Winona gets hungry when working, she doesn't need to constantly tell us. 

Make boats, anchored or otherwise, come to a halt eventually.

Fixing that murm getting home issue I've heard so much about.

Structures requiring chronological order of placement for some reason for optimal compactness.

Some level of control over Maxwell's shadows.

That's off the top of my head. More gameplay involved but I'd still consider most of these suggestions quality of life. 

Probably my biggest wish is to have the DS Leafy Meat be like the DST Leafy Meat. I remember returning to the solo game a while ago and thinking "Nice, Im starting a Lureplant farm. Time to use this meat.", and then "Wait, why cant I place it in the Croc-... Oh, right".

On 12/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, Maybe a dog said:

Yea I agree with this. I don't think the recipes needed to be added but it'd be nice to have. I normally just turn it all to eggs lol

On 12/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, W0l0l0 said:

Yea these sound nice, especially that winona one, since it confused my new player friend who thought they had to eat everytime they went to craft.

Just now, TheGreatAlfini said:

no they dont, i sat around one for 3 hours to test and it didnt do anything

It spawns bats but maybe not when you are inside of the cave

Im pretty sure of this since sometimes i start the base inside of caves and when i come back to the base i find bats sleeping

Archived