What if speed when carrying heavy items varies depending on character

I thought of this idea while I was carrying a marble piece as a Mighty Wolfgang at the same speed as my friend playing Wendy, and I think it would be good to have more things to offer to the team depending of which character you're playing. So I made this to give an idea of how it would be, percentages refers to speed reduction, currently is 85% for every character. What do you think?heavyitems.thumb.png.31804dc4c46e46e6bd5c6d69391607fc.png

I wouldn't mind this, except for the Moose: not only he can't interact with items (doesn't even have the animations for it) he would also lose all his charge nearly instantly since he is meant to fight to stay transformed.

And if you change it so he can stay transformed when carrying things, I'll always carry a statue to make transformations longer/permanent, which would make no sense.

I'd leave the moose out. 

Hilariously I just did the new heist for GTA Online- And I thought it was really cool how the more Money you stashed in your loot bag, the slower your character would move.

I think this should be implemented into DST, even if it’s in a harder mode: I think it would be dare I say this.. “Fun” to have to manage your resources by a weight limit because realistically it doesn’t make sense to be able to carry around large stacks of 40 rocks and it not impact your movement.

I think it would be Really cool if players could no longer Pre-Craft structures and leave those in their inventory until they want to place them. This ties in directly to characters having a Weight Capacity: Because the game just feels a tad bit too easy too me when I can pre-build literally an entire base and have it in my pocket to place down later.

On a more Uncompromising (or Harder difficulty) Game Mode this is one of the FIRST things I would expect to be part of that.

So I agree let’s add character Weight limits to DST please? :wilson_love:

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

he would also lose all his charge nearly instantly since he is meant to fight to stay transformed.

Yup, but the distance he can walk before transforming back to human is considerable, so it still would be helpful (also Kitschy Idols are easy to craft)

42 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

but with the rest I think it'd just add an unnecessary extra invisible stat to each character.

Oh yeah it wouldn't be much of a difference but anything that speed up that tedious process of carrying marble pieces without taming a beefalo is welcome for me 

43 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Remember, WX-78 uses they/them pronouns~

I know! lol, I guess I was just thinking in Spanish in that part (in Spanish we refer to objects as masculine/femenine) 

This was a core feature I coded in for my wolfgang rework for similar reasons.  It doesn’t make sense that a mighty wolfgang and a small child carry marble and rocks at the same speed.

Currently the only workaround that avoids beefalo is playing walter.

I think this is unnecessarily complicated. I could see the strongman being slowed less but I don't think it needs to be so complex there's an entire tier list with two different asterisks in it.

Also, why is Maxwell in normal tier while a possessed goat and automaton are in slow tier?

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I think this is unnecessarily complicated. I could see the strongman being slowed less but I don't think it needs to be so complex there's an entire tier list with two different asterisks in it.

Well if you think of it it's not even complex, just add 3 different speed penalties when carrying heavy items instead of 1 for every character.

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Also, why is Maxwell in normal tier while a possessed goat and automaton are in slow tier?

haha yeah Maxwell should be slow tier, I didn't think much of it, it was just for the sake of example. I put Wortox there because imagine buffing him even more (?). And WX is in every tier, slow WX is when they're not fully upgraded.

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Not a goat florp.

17 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I wouldn't mind this, except for the Moose: not only he can't interact with items (doesn't even have the animations for it) he would also lose all his charge nearly instantly since he is meant to fight to stay transformed.

And if you change it so he can stay transformed when carrying things, I'll always carry a statue to make transformations longer/permanent, which would make no sense.

I'd leave the moose out. 

What if moose form let you charge at pieces to knock them back?

Archived