Jump to content

Looking for a Mega Base team


Recommended Posts

Looking to form a team of people who want to build a mega base and get far in a world together. if you are good at decorating bases and have some unique design ideas, reply to this. u must be experienced so pls comment how many hours you have as well. you also have to use geometric placement, don't build diagonally, etcetc. no rude people thx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

whats your requirements?(as in how many hours do you want someone to have on the game?)

not asking because i want to join but because im curious

also theres a subforum for this kind of thread so next time post it there/thank you and have a good day or night wherever you are in the world

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Its viewed as ugly.

thats weird, i think some diagonal lines are required to avoid making everything look too boxy and repetitive. I especially like it done with fences to round off some corners. 

121853119_Schermafbeelding2020-12-27om19_05_00.thumb.png.53a68aa415f3e40737c3976d7372504b.png

Spoiler

Trying to cultivate forget-me-lots in the corner gardens but its starting to feel like a fools errand :lol: until someone makes a mod to stop them from bolting. 

and ive seen others use it to achieve really pretty results as well on the decor thread.  

Harsh turfs are harder to make work strictly on the diagonal because of the nature of the grid ill give you that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

thats weird, i think some diagonal lines are required to avoid making everything look too boxy and repetitive. I especially like it done with fences to round off some corners. 

121853119_Schermafbeelding2020-12-27om19_05_00.thumb.png.53a68aa415f3e40737c3976d7372504b.png

  Reveal hidden contents

Trying to cultivate forget-me-lots in the corner gardens but its starting to feel like a fools errand :lol: until someone makes a mod to stop them from bolting. 

and ive seen others use it to achieve really pretty results as well on the decor thread.  

Harsh turfs are harder to make work strictly on the diagonal because of the nature of the grid ill give you that 

Away with that Blasphemy of an image! 

But yeah I also think diagonals can be pretty, you just gotta know when and how to use em.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Away with that Blasphemy of an image! 

But yeah I also think diagonals can be pretty, you just gotta know when and how to use em.

Yeah, a certain degree of boxiness is unavoidable because of the way the grid works, but you can still introduce diagonal lines with walls/fences and certain turf overlap interactions to make it look like its not just all squares. 

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

That's not what I meant by Diagonal Building. I'm having trouble putting my explanation in words so I'll get a screenshot on what I mean soon.

alright, now im curious to see this heretical architecture. Does the turf specifically have to be diagonal for it to be considered diagonal building? ur just built on a diagonal camera angle 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Yeah, a certain degree of boxiness is unavoidable because of the way the grid works, but you can still introduce diagonal lines with walls/fences and certain turf overlap interactions to make it look like its not just all squares. 

alright, now im curious to see this heretical architecture. Does the turf specifically have to be diagonal for it to be considered diagonal building? ur just built on a diagonal camera angle 

Spoiler

image.png.b5cb1434d0e084a9881751cc99aef12d.png
This is "Diagonal Building" where you build with your camera rotated like this.

image.png.35069a49ce34deef8f5a4ae2c0168dcd.png

And this is the "prettier" way of building, where your camera is rotated like this.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Hornete said:
  Hide contents

image.png.b5cb1434d0e084a9881751cc99aef12d.png
This is "Diagonal Building" where you build with your camera rotated like this.

image.png.35069a49ce34deef8f5a4ae2c0168dcd.png

And this is the "prettier" way of building, where your camera is rotated like this.

 

 

oh pfff i think diagonal is pretty too. sometimes after ive been living in the same base for a while ill just keep my camera on diagonal to give it literally a fresh new perspective. Builds end up looking more dynamic if u build it in one perspective and then look at it with the other. less symmetrical/cookie cutter in my opinion905342728_Schermafbeelding2020-12-27om21_23_04.thumb.png.2a18abf0c3fe2b5f2d28a1925a910d15.png

i think it actually looks prettier this way even though i didnt build it in this perspective. I usually build in the non-diagonal perspective because its easier for me to 'understand' (count etc) the geometrical placement grid that way but i definitely think diagonal looks more interesting. 

Also btw i really love your avatar :lol: did you draw that? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ohan said:

oh pfff i think diagonal is pretty too. sometimes after ive been living in the same base for a while ill just keep my camera on diagonal to give it literally a fresh new perspective. Builds end up looking more dynamic if u build it in one perspective and then look at it with the other. less symmetrical/cookie cutter in my opinio

again, this is not what I mean. I think this build looks very nice too. But i give up at this point haha. have a good day :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AL. said:

Looking to form a team of people who want to build a mega base and get far in a world together. if you are good at decorating bases and have some unique design ideas, reply to this. u must be experienced so pls comment how many hours you have as well. you also have to use geometric placement, don't build diagonally, etcetc. no rude people thx.

This post is missing a few things

Your timezone

Your hours

and generally more about you, what you main, what time you can be on.

Can you even host? Here I'll put the information for myself here:

EST

842 in dst 682 in ds, 1979 in unturned

I usually play maxwell, woodie or wolfgang I spend quite a lot of time on dst and school is out right now so a lot of free time.

Wickerbottom is fun too, I play either wicker or wormwood in DS

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Would you host a dedicated server and would the world last permanently/ zen sand garden style destroyed?

can't host a dedicated serer and I can't count on it lasting permanently, we all die someday anyways

zen sand what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seero said:

can't host a dedicated serer and I can't count on it lasting permanently, we all die someday anyways

zen sand what?

Was asking OP.

Zen sand gardens.

Buddhists build art pieces out of sand and then promptly destroy it to reach inner peace. 

I would like the base to last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Buddhists build art pieces out of sand and then promptly destroy it to reach inner peace. 

 

Oh yeah i've seen that before 

we can ask anyone if they are willing to play/host it doesn't need to be OP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...