Why my dupes do not build steam turbine?

I trying to build my first steam turbine and dupes refuse to build it, They build everything around it. If I click on plan of building it say content 1200 Iron 200 Plastic, build errand, so they have all components.

But by some reason my builders do not come to build it.

Before you ask, it is accessible and same builders build all other stuff, but not turbine itself.

image.thumb.png.165e7cdef5cc35e8136f81b35208f525.png

Mark the steam turbine, check the description, see the errands. You will most likely understand what's the issue. It doesn't looks like lack of workers with skill because there is no red helmet icon over the ST. TripLykely gave You a hint - maybe only one duplicant can build ST in Your game but he is prioritized to, I dunno, making food or something like that.

1 hour ago, TripLykely said:

Is your engineer prioritized to build? IIRC you need Mechatronics to build the ST so if your engineer isn’t set to build that would explain it. Hard to say from the image alone

You are right, My engineer had operate and deliver priorities, so he never come to build.

Don't forget that:

1. You need to cool the top half of the turbine
  2. Tempshift plates can't exchange heat with the turbine in a vacuum
  3. Tempshift plates ignore the fact that the walls are insulated and exchange heat with them just fine, thus somewhat nullifying your insulation

8 minutes ago, PickPay said:

I'm surprised, is it because they are in direct contact ?

Tempshift plates exchange heat with the 8 cells that surround them, so yes?  Tempshift plates can even exchange heat with neutronium, even though it is supposed to have no temperature and never exchange heat.

15 hours ago, psusi said:

Tempshift plates exchange heat with the 8 cells that surround them, so yes?  Tempshift plates can even exchange heat with neutronium, even though it is supposed to have no temperature and never exchange heat.

Did not know that, thanks.

4 hours ago, Mutineer said:

Did not know that, thanks.

Remove all shiftplates that touch walls (including floors and ceilings).

Also, unless you plan to have a gas in the turbine room, shiftplates don't do much. They're not in contact with buildings, only tiles.

How do you plan of cooling down the turbine?

6 minutes ago, TheMule said:

If they are self cooling, everything is going to be 99C soon in there, and there's no insulation to the outside including the room above.

No water from constant cooling loop cooling, going try some radiant pipes. Water is at 35C. Temperature actually drop and stable at about 60C. So it works, sort of. I will remove Shift plates touching floor, hopefully improve efficiency.

1 hour ago, Mutineer said:

No water from constant cooling loop cooling, going try some radiant pipes. Water is at 35C. Temperature actually drop and stable at about 60C. So it works, sort of. I will remove Shift plates touching floor, hopefully improve efficiency.

Ahh, so you have an AT cooled water loop cooling the general area?  Oxygen is a much better conductor of heat than CO2.  Also a few drips of water or oil on the floor is a better conductor still.  Just running a pipe through a little liquid on the floor will be plenty to keep the turbine cool without any tempshift plates, and possibly without any radiant pipes ( maybe just one ).

Archived