Mods by Pether

4 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Just a question, what is the difference to the "resculpt"-mod? Is there any? Or did you just wanted to make one on your own (which would be a most valid reason)

That's a great question! My "Selectable Art" allows you rotate your art in addition to changing how does it look. But yeah, they are very, very similar and there is no reason to use both of them at the same time, so if you already have "Resculpt" you can ignore mine.

When I made that mod I wasn't aware how "resculpt" works. I will contact it's author to discuss how to handle this - I don't wan't him to feel bad about my mod. Maybe he will use my idea of rotation and I will put my mod down, or we will keep both of them for any reason. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for info!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pether said:

I will contact it's author to discuss how to handle this. I will keep you updated.

OK, I talked with Resculpt's authour and we agree that the best what we can do is 1) removing my duplicate from the steam to avoid mess 2) adding my rotation feature to the Resculpt so everybody could use it.

I will take my mod down, sorry for the confussion and thanks for letting me know about the Resculpt

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pether said:

OK, I talked with Resculpt's authour and we agree that the best what we can do is 1) removing my duplicate from the steam to avoid mess 2) adding my rotation feature to the Resculpt so everybody could use it.

I will take my mod down, sorry for the confussion and thanks for letting me know about the Resculpt

no need to apologize at all. You do wonderful work, and such things happen. And the most important part, you did not even knew there would be some kind of conflict of interest. 

And you contacted the other guy, you both found a solution and everything worked out just fine. Thats the spirit, that makes the ONI community what it is.

• Like 1
  • Health 2

I also have a mod suggestion, how about a plant mod that focuses mostly with water plants (or cnidaria).  I even have thought of some features.

Plug Polyp: A coral that when fed a LOT of metal (double that needed for a plug slug),  It will make power but it has some down sides.
1. It needs saltwater specifically (but they can be VERY deep underwater
2. It doesn't make much (about that of a wild plug slug)
3.If too close and on the same wire, the wire will overload, causing compact greenhouses to be non-existent
It spawns naturally in tidepool biomes (if this is added to DLC, maybe wait on the natural generation) and could be made in a molecular forge

Pacuweed: A small species of seaweed that pacus and its morphs like to hide in.   This would half the penalty of overcrowding (It gives the pacu a sense of privacy), but requires light (pretty much like a bristle blossom but different).  It would be found in swamps, but can be planted in any water

Angler Kelp: A special 5 tile tall plant that requires all 5 tiles above to be brine, making some more needy setups (it also needs a really cold temp of -10C to -1C, but besides that, doesn't need anything else but darkness and gives 1500 Calories of Kelp (Its food quality is poor) per 3 cycles and can be made it a sea salad when mixed with Cooked pacu and waterweed lettuce (Its food quality is Good).  It could be made at a molecular forge and note, don't let pacus near it, as they will EAT it.

Jellyplant: An odd plant thing that ,while providing light and decor, will shock anything that touches it.  Pacus will also get shocked so having them in an aquarium is a bad idea.  They would automatically invade an aquarium if there is saltwater or clean water, and there is polluted dirt on the floor of the aquarium.  This could be both a miracle and a curse, as pacus make polluted dirt as waste, but I have already gone the extra mile and made a polluted water variant >:D

Slime Algae: A VERY big frustration for dirty water aquariums, it decreases decor and makes pacus unhappy.  They automatically grow in polluted water aquariums when there is polluted dirt AND/OR algae on the ground as rubble.  They do slow duplicant speed while passing through them.

Pollution Jet: A plant that converts clean water to polluted water, all it needs is a small amount of polluted dirt (about 1kg a cycle).  Now you maybe be thinking "Why would I pollute my water?", well you can use it for coolant, irrigation, making rot piles for pokeshells, and more!

Okay, that's all I got.  Hope this isn't too much

• Big Ups 1

8 hours ago, FreezingSlickT said:

I also have a mod suggestion, how about a plant mod that focuses mostly with water plants

Hi

I wanted to make a mod that expands Swamp lifeforms (new critters, plants, etc), but I really love your ideas as well! 

The only problem (with both mine and your ideas) is that they require a lot, lots, and even more animation files. Each plant need several pictures and I am really bad at making those... As you can see only one of my mods have custom graphics by Aki, and he is currently taking a break from modding so I don't expect anything from him soon... Sadly, as I really love his works and I think it's a pitty he didn't manage to release his mod with fossils...

There are other modders who make really cool ONI-styled art (Romen, Erny, Ronivan and Sharles are first that come to my mind when thinking about good mods with custom graphics) and I might work with someone to make plant mods, but:

• This isn't as simple as just sitting down in my free time and writing few lines of code
  • I feel like cool art is their area of modding and I'm not eager to step into their teritory

I'd love to see plants you are suggesting, but I cannot promise you anything.

4 hours ago, pether said:

Hi

I wanted to make a mod that expands Swamp lifeforms (new critters, plants, etc), but I really love your ideas as well! 

The only problem (with both mine and your ideas) is that they require a lot, lots, and even more animation files. Each plant need several pictures and I am really bad at making those... As you can see only one of my mods have custom graphics by Aki, and he is currently taking a break from modding so I don't expect anything from him soon... Sadly, as I really love his works and I think it's a pitty he didn't manage to release his mod with fossils...

There are other modders who make really cool ONI-styled art (Romen, Erny, Ronivan and Sharles are first that come to my mind when thinking about good mods with custom graphics) and I might work with someone to make plant mods, but:

• This isn't as simple as just sitting down in my free time and writing few lines of code
  • I feel like cool art is their area of modding and I'm not eager to step into their teritory

I'd love to see plants you are suggesting, but I cannot promise you anything.

You could collab with another modder, like Versepelles (Creator of the OmniFlora Mod) or Ronivan ( Who made the Spacer Set Mod, Wooden Structures Mod, Wooden Furniture Mod, and more!)

• Like 1

Hi pether there is some work to be done with the plants mods.(if the authors want it of course).Since the code for the mutations and the radiation keep changing i think. Ronivan for example ,had  trouble with his 3  new crops when trying to update Dupe cuisine .i think that he's now waiting to see some stability in crops code.The workshop don't have any of the modded plants updated. Omniflora  for examplewich i think is not being worked on .Or the plants made by Cairath's , Also on the other side Fumihiko made customize plants that can be used to make plants drop or absorb elements (gas or liquid) And/or fruits (items or elements) and diseases dispersions (flower scent too) Fumihiko mod  have so much details and options to it that you can basically tweak every single traits of any plants a good example is omni flora mod to use decoratives flowers as gas/temps sensors or elements/items  sources ,make them wilt or flourish depending of the elements they are surrounded by. 
(omni flora even had a light mushroom that light up when it flourish) (dupes cuisine have 3 differents crops, one is a new nut three)
i wanted to tell you this, Since you might want to give a hand to the other plants mods if they want, Omni-flora,Dupes cuisine or maybe Cairath if the authors want.

I really hope to see some modded crops back in the game ,brand new ones or mods that are not updated.because at this time we dont have any, we have the critters morphs but not any crops.i hope some plants mods back or to have some completely new ones. 

Keep coming your excellents mods !!
have a nice day

absolutely, i really hope to see some wild ideas coming with klei's updates. i'm sure there is some exciting stuff coming, lol playing the B branch is like following a tv series, i never had any experience with a game studio that upgraded their games that aggressively.

Some time ago I made this mod to help me testing other ones. In the end I decided I can release it, maybe others will find use for it as well: Free Skillpoints mod will grant you experience every time you want to learn new skill. This way your dupes can learn skills for free. As default this works only in sandbox where all things are free.

11. Free Skillpoints
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2557246397

preview_50.thumb.png.3789a4eb8429478540e3d1b118bc9a19.png

Edited by pether

Ok, as you might know, I believe ONI is a great singleplayer game and does not need any kind of shared control over one base multiplayer. But some time ago user @Aurar suggested there could be some way to share resources with his family. This might be the only valid approach to ONI multiplayer, so I decided to make a mod and check this out. Special thanks to Ronivan for helping me with the building artwork and ONI moding community for - as always - helping me with the most difficult problems.

12. Multiplayer Storage
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2612332708

preview50.thumb.png.88127d0693421e0af063bf7df2a13df3.png

• Like 1

I worked on this mod quite a long time and I feel there is much left yet to explore. But I feel it is in good shape to be released: Some time ago, somebody on this forum suggested that each biome should have its own, unique challenges for the players. With Diseases Expanded, I add more diseases that may affect your game in different ways. Initial version may have some balancing issues, so any feedback is most welcome

13. Diseases Expanded
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2627657947

preview50.thumb.png.44375c1e60372431f249716b12c5c835.png

16 minutes ago, pether said:

Thx, I didn't know. I will search for examples (unless you have something worth recommending)

this is probably most simplest explanation how use that

you probaply need also add the UnityEngine.JSONSerializeModule.dll to the dll build. it's included with game

• Health 1

But.. newtonsoft json is the industry standard, not "third party ....", and it's already included and used in the game. Showing someone a "what is json" video is patronizing as hell when they use the correct tool for the job.

10 minutes ago, Cairath said:

But.. newtonsoft json is the industry standard, not "third party ....", and it's already included and used in the game. Showing someone a "what is json" video is patronizing as hell when they use the correct tool for the job.

tell me where is is added newtonsoft json inside game? show me location? i not see that how im able make it work that i need first download that library.

never mind. i found it. but anyway that works only with this game. as devs added that. but by defauld you need download libs

also if you not like video. well this is unity direct manual example 

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/JsonUtility.FromJson.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/JsonUtility.ToJson.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/JsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite.html

Edited by gabberworld