Mods by Pether

I love this game and I have spent countless hours enjoying it. After all this time, I can see little things here and there that, in my opinion, could make ONI even better. KLEI is doing a great work hearing our community feedback and improving their game, but working on both ours and theirs ideas takes an enourmous amount of time and we cannot expect that all of our feedback will be implemented in the next patch.

Because of that I decided to start modding and to be the change I want to see. I'd like to implement few small mods that will introduce things I suspect could enrich ONI, and if I believed they are good enough - I will share them with the community. In this thread I will post the mods I released so you could use in your games. Please let me know if you encountered any issues or had any feedback - I'm just starting as a modder and your feedback could teach me a lot.

I hope one day I could deprecate all my mods as implemented in ONI, but until then - have a look on my list and use them as you wish :)

1. Illumination Sensor
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2326745828

My first mod, yay! Illumination sensor can detect light intensity and send logic signal based on the Lux value. I think that if something can be measured - it should have its sensor. Light had never had one, so there it is.

Thanks to Cairath, who provided tutorial, usefull links and her code as an example, making my first mode was as easy as it could be. Great thanks!

Special thanks to Aki for letting me use his animations. If for some reason you don't know his mods, you must visit his thread, he has many great works: 

• Like 2
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

I got the idea when I had few shine bugs in my berry farm, but they were flying and sometimes few plants were missing light. With sensors you can turn on and off your lamps based on illumination provided by the bugs. Other than that - you can detect illumination of beach chairs and gas grass

2. Rocket Presence Port
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2339405225
Small automation feature that I was missing in my games. This port can inform player if the rocket is in dock or in space, sending proper automation signal. Based on it, you can retract your gantries, turn on space equipment, or control any other automated devices.

image.thumb.png.3705a2cd6706028668f2d2e32cb6d910.png

Edited by pether
  • Big Ups 1

@babba always happy to provide something that someone wanted :) hopefully my future mods will be part of the same category :) 

@gabberworld agreed, you can do that. I used this solution myself, but only because vanilla game didn't provide something more intuitive. Of course if someone doesn't need additional ports they can use those loops, but if someone ever wanted to avoid that they can use the modded version. Is that mod game changer? Ofc not. But it is something I was missing and was pretty nice subject to learn modding on simple things, so, hey, why not? :)

But this is against using mods, not writing ones I believe ;) Feel free to ignore my mods if you don't need them :) I'm having fun making them, if by accident someone would like them - that's great, but still they are only mods and can be avoided if somebody doesn't want to use them

Happy new year everybody! May the 2021 wash off all bad memories of 2020 and bring us more ONI stuff!

I just released my newest mod, Rooms Expanded. It adds 3 new rooms to the room overlay: Laboratory, with 10% research speed bonus, Kitchen with 10% bonus calories produced and shower bathroom, with no effect but visual representation in the overlay. If you missed those rooms in your games, feel free to enjoy https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2348079481

After DLC release I'm planning to apply changes for new stuff as well, I might expand the list even more if I got any good ideas for new rooms. I will gladly hear any suggestions (no promises though)

image.thumb.png.f2b46a8d911561cbf3a83353a9362441.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pether said:

Happy new year everybody! May the 2021 wash off all bad memories of 2020 and bring us more ONI stuff!

I just released my newest mod, Rooms Expanded. It adds 3 new rooms to the room overlay: Laboratory, with 10% research speed bonus, Kitchen with 10% bonus calories produced and shower bathroom, with no effect but visual representation in the overlay. If you missed those rooms in your games, feel free to enjoy https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2348079481

After DLC release I'm planning to apply changes for new stuff as well, I might expand the list even more if I got any good ideas for new rooms. I will gladly hear any suggestions (no promises though)

image.thumb.png.f2b46a8d911561cbf3a83353a9362441.png

I would love to be able to play with configurable rooms even if this is in a config file rather than in game. may i suggest you add a config file and some place to design our rooms requirements and bonus ? good job !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swoop5994 said:

I would love to be able to play with configurable rooms

This is a good idea, thanks! Not sure if I will be able to add configuration for requirements in a clean way, but room bonuses could be easily configurable

Hello again! Happy to announce that "Rooms Expanded" now supports DLC as well. I also added configuration to it, so you could customize it to your needs. Soon I will add DLC support to my previous mods, but unil then behold my newest creation:

4. Recycle Oxygen Masks
Small mod that makes oxygen masks to drop metal ore when depleted. Now you don't need to fear that dupes will waste tones of ore each time they walk by the station.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2360409127

image.thumb.png.be3de6edddc8e4e861cf3623213b0846.png

Edited by pether
  • Like 1

7. Conveyor Rail Display
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2383900750

Small mod with visual change for Conveyor Overlay. With it, Conveyor Rails are moved to front, making sure that player can see the network. All conveyor bridges etc are left in back and do not obscure visibility.

image.thumb.png.89c949d4da2b9e2a1c9ff096a3346b14.png

In the meantime all my previous mods received bunch of updates:

• "Rocket Presence Port" now includes all DLC engines, including newest petroleum engines
  • "Recycle Oxygen Masks" is now happily deprecated with latest DLC update
  • "Interplanar Automation" allows now to build Radio Towers to send signals across the space to more distant asteroids
  • "Rooms Expanded" got several new rooms and other tweaks
  • Like 2

could you do something for the space limitation on the critters ? i know it's a bit away from the room expanded but there's nothing out there that enable us infinite critters per stable (yes, i mean without the overcrowded and cramped debuff) maybe an option for your agriculture room ? You already doing such an incredible job already like a few other modders on the workshop if it's far from your plans just carry on the good work !

Thanks ;)

@Swoop5994 Thanks! I'm happy you like my mods, but there are many better, smarter and more experienced modders I learn from :) Without them I wouldn't be able to do even a simplest mod.

I'm not planning to expand rooms in the direction of unlimited critters per room, but maybe I will do separate mod for it somewhere in the future. But I don't want to promise anything at this moment

I`m dreaming of a mod called "Pether`s Bpheer Factory Bphrewery - The complete works".

Everything to run a Bphrewery, from radioactive bphrewing to phottling ! Today No1 in Steam ONi Mod Downloads ! Try now, but don`t dphrive ! :bee:

@pether

Edited by babba
  • GL Happy 1

I just released "Research Requirements", mod that adds additional quests to most of the techs in the Research Tree. Before you can work on the technologies, you must first fulfill those requirements - achieve mastery in the subject or be in dire need for the tech. As the result, early game is longer and more challenging as you can't rush for end-game tech.

9. Research Requirements
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2405919736

image.thumb.png.55f298259417e4e8ca021fdc6f08ff2c.png

• Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

My newest mod adds buttons to Art buildings after your artist finishes his masterpiece. Using them you can select how your art looks like - pick another relevant image or rotate it. Works both on vanilla and DLC.

10. Selectable Art
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2466560065

image.thumb.png.282a8932c1968ad7b2c8e0eecda73297.png

EDIT:
It seem that very similar mod already existed. I talked to the author of "Resculpt" and shared with him my code for rotation button. Now "Selectable Art" is fully merged into "Resculpt" and soon will be deleted from the Steam Workshop. If you like the idea, please visit https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918000273

Edited by pether
  • Like 2