Jump to content

Terra= 2x 110 celsius # Swamp= 2x -10 celsius geysers


Recommended Posts

Which one is "easy", the new default preset ? Mhhhh mhmmmmm, mhhhhhhh... :confused: >>> HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT <<<

A.) Terra -> Spawns designed by "Baal" 2x 110 Celsius Geysers + bottom lava + volcano`s...surrounded by Baal`s electric chair hell and satanic whips

image.thumb.png.03379092c31ee8ea8d628319fa4c6c93.pngimage.png.5a0add516fb14f5583afc0ad5622878b.png

B.) Swamp -> Spawns 2x MINUS -10 Celsius Geysers, designed by Little Daisytree Cuddlyfriends...surrounded by ice fields and easy snacks, butterflies and soft kisses

image.png.6024d7c04b971b580e6fd9d925f1c954.pngimage.thumb.png.54b31e922dd1e327b4910a1893c957c0.png

 

----------------------------------------------------------

@ZombieDupe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Swamp is much easier because there's a trillion heating solutions but only 1 or 2 cooling.

My swamp base was kept warm enough from running metal refinery on pol water and then feeding that into bog buckets.

 

With terra you p much rush plastic and produce default "roundabout loop with aquatuner&steamturbine", the only viable way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Sir, there is no 'i' in "geyser".

Much appreciated dear Coolthulhu :p

Will you spend some time in Baal`s hell sauna ? Any feedback is welcome. I heard that Mephisto may come by to tank some heat :lol:

1 hour ago, Alexandr Block said:

On Terra there is the Thimble Reed, and that makes it easier than the Swamp.

That was the only thing I actually liked visiting the new Terra hell :devilish:

Only a cruel game designer would redesign Terra without anything to cool down ( besides the map border top ice ) :grief:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alexandr Block said:

On Terra there is the Thimble Reed, and that makes it easier than the Swamp.

Thimble reed is really only needed for hot areas, a none issue in the swamp cluster. On terra is easier to get thimble reed but it does not make it easier. Actually the opposite as said above, due to how complex is to cool down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we all need more playtime on Terra. Multiple volcanoes and 110 degrees water sounds horrifying on paper but in reality volcanoes can be left alone so they cover themselves with rock and the steam vents take a lot of time to heat up the surroundings. Based on my experiences from vanilla the water won`t get really hot until it`s second activity period (after first dormancy).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I think we all need more playtime on Terra. Multiple volcanoes and 110 degrees water sounds horrifying on paper but in reality volcanoes can be left alone so they cover themselves with rock and the steam vents take a lot of time to heat up the surroundings. Based on my experiences from vanilla the water won`t get really hot until it`s second activity period (after first dormancy).

In my opinion Klei only needs to replace one of the 2x 110 celsius geysers with 1x -10celsius.

Terra with 2x 110 and Swamp with 2x -10...it seems stuff was fastly thrown in so that people have something to play for a few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@babba
You play on Aridio? Where start location ~30С. Oasis? Where duplicates were burned, leaving the starting location. How did you cool down there?
There were no guaranteed ice geysers, and you couldn't pull a cold water pipe from another asteroid where it's definitely there.

Terra looks interesting, but you want to make it boring :-(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Alexandr Block said:

@babba
You play on Aridio? Where start location ~30С. Oasis? Where duplicates were burned, leaving the starting location. How did you cool down there?
There were no guaranteed ice geysers, and you couldn't pull a cold water pipe from another asteroid where it's definitely there.

Terra looks interesting, but you want to make it boring :-(

The asteroid description says "Ideal" survival conditions - Any other asteroid should be harder than Terra my dear friend :cheerful:

Consider the new people playing the game for the first time :bee:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

currently playing on terra does not seem that bad, for cooling i am using conveyer lines mined from the surface haven't touched the 2 water geysers yet, but close to doing so on cycle 200 odd and have just ran out of all the polluted water that was on the map , have second planet colonised just setting a few things life support etc so i can then go strip mine the oil biome :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The issue with terra is that it's harder for new-new players but easier for more experienced, since for the former everything is scorching hot, but for the latter you get much earlier plastic (=steam turbine, cooling solutions) and reed fiber (=atmo suits, disregard heat anyway)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...