An idea for WX-78 rework.

I got an idea for WX-78 rework and I wanted to share it with you.

So, instead of hunger it would have fuel points. If the player doesn't move no fuel will be consumed. Moving, attacking, mining rocks, etc. will consume some. Fuel can be refilled by:
-gears (+20 points, +40 health, + 30 sanity),
-electrical doodad (+10 points, +15 health, +5 sanity),
-nightmare fuel (+15 points, -20 sanity),
-volt goat milk ("20 points, +30 health, also charges him like a lighting for 1 min),
-any food that gives hunger but divided by 4.

His max stats would be a little nerfed:
-350 health
-250 sanity
-150 fuel (hunger)

In fight he would get an ability called "zap". It would happen randomly. This ability would multiply WX next attack by 1.10x to 2x (depends on how much gears you have eaten)
Your worst nightmare will now be rain and wetness. Damage dealt by rain will be a little increased. If WX is exposed to water for too long it will begin to rust. Rust will slow down the player, make him attack slower and pretty much make him do everything as slow as snail. But there will be solution for this and its called "lubricant". To craft it you will need"
-1 bee stinger
-3 ashes
-5 rot

His starting items would be:
-1 lubricant

Also since he is a robot he will turn off instead of sleep (like a different pose or something) when hit by gestalt and every other thnig tat makes you sleep.

I would love a rework for WX-78 (he is my favorite character) since he is kinda weak compared to freshly reworked Winona or other characters such as Wickerbottom, Wortox, Wurt.

Edit: here's link for newer version of my ideas - Idea for WX-78 rework

I really like the idea of fuel, kind of gives me superhot vibes with how you'd want to strategically stand still to preserve hunger.

Also, especially if WX-78 is your favorite character, you should keep in mind that they're always referred to with they/them pronouns by the game and other survivors! You swap between it/its and he/him here, which are both incorrect.

8 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I really like the idea of fuel, kind of gives me superhot vibes with how you'd want to strategically stand still to preserve hunger.

Also, especially if WX-78 is your favorite character, you should keep in mind that they're always referred to with they/them pronouns by the game and other survivors! You swap between it/its and he/him here, which are both incorrect.

Thanks for the reply!

Actually English is my second language, so i expected some errors.

7 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

why we should to do so? this is a character that we play for, and it's gender is undefined, so we can call it whatever we want. when we dress him/her in women's dresses - she is now a girl, and when in men's ones - he is a boy. So we can call robot in any way we want, can't we?

11 hours ago, _MAKSU_ said:

-any food that gives hunger but divided by 4.

we already have a character (two, if Warly counts) who receives less hunger from food, and I don't think this debuff will be a good idea (even if he can eat gears/doodads/nightmare fuel/etc.)

11 hours ago, _MAKSU_ said:

Also since he is a robot he will turn off instead of sleep (like a different pose or something) when hit by gestalt and every other thnig tat makes you sleep.

but I like this idea, I'm interested in how "turning off" animation will look like.

1 minute ago, Duck986 said:

why we should to do so? this is a character that we play for, and it's gender is undefined, so we can call it whatever we want. when we dress him/her in women's dresses - she is now a girl, and when in men's ones - he is a boy. So we can call robot in any way we want, can't we?

A character canonically using they/them pronouns doesn't mean that their pronouns are up to you, it means that this character uses they/them pronouns, and you should refer to them as such.

Also, putting a character in gendered clothing doesn't change their gender, it just means a character of one gender is wearing clothing that's associated with the other. In this case, it would be a nonbinary character wearing masculine/feminine clothing.

@Notecja @stranger again Get ur mind out of the gutter..E1932406-C49B-4E4E-A877-77BE03779291.thumb.jpeg.bb45b77a1e03bc0d3414f8c90770f08f.jpeg

—-

13 hours ago, _MAKSU_ said:

Damage dealt by rain will be a little increased. If WX is exposed to water for too long it will begin to rust. Rust will slow down the player, make him attack slower and pretty much make him do everything as slow as snail. But there will be solution for this and its called "lubricant"

I really like this idea. Rusting is a very interesting way to make WX’s rain downside more important instead of only increasing the damage! 

I swear I’ve seen this same thread 3 different times now, but my stance on ALL reworks still firmly stands- They each need to bring something that directly or indirectly incorporates Team Work into the game.

Using Wendy and Willow as my two examples of Reworks done perfectly: Wendy can build a Sisturn, fill it full of flower petals and anyone standing by it regains Sanity as a BONUS perk to the Sisturns actual purpose (reducing the time it takes for Abigails flower to fully bloom to full strength) In Addition to THAT Anything Abigail attacks provides a petal Bestowment buff onto it that will increase the damage done to that enemy by other players. Her Vigor Mortis potions can be crafted and dropped on the ground for Dead ghost players to haunt and gain a short speed boost (Ive literally crafted a trail of these once so players can easily get back to the Postern faster) 

WILLOW can craft lighters that have 10x the durability of a Standard torch, and she can also craft extra Bernie dolls to give to other players, a Bernie doll will not enlarge and smash things for other players, but what it WILL do is animate to life and dance around when they’re low on Sanity distracting nightmare monsters so players can attack them unharmed.

If a Willow player joins your world and isn’t crafting you lighters or leaving Bernie dolls laying around.. that Willow is probably only there to Maliciously burn down your base.. 

But my point is that BOTH these characters gained some new perks that directly (or indirectly) help an entire team.. 

And in a game all about Not Starving Together those are the kind of reworks I would pay good money to see happen for every single last character in the game.

I wish the people who are suggesting WX78, Webber, etc rework ideas would much more often consider what could be changed or tweaked to better benefit TEAM play now that the game is a Multiplayer game and no longer just DS Solo.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I swear I’ve seen this same thread 3 different times now,

well the thread was once in general then it was moved here and then the person reposted the thread because they had new ideas so yeah i wouldn't be surprised if you saw this thread three times:lol:

Archived